It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury’s origins may differ from sister planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Source: www.dawn.com...

CAPE CANAVERAL: Mercury’s origins may be very different from its sister planets, including Earth, based on early findings that show surprisingly rich deposits of sulfur on the ground, scientists said on Thursday.

Early findings from the first spacecraft to orbit Mercury is forcing scientists to rethink how the planet closest to the sun formed and what has happened to it over the past 4 billion years.

NASA’s Mercury Surface, Space Environment, Geochemistry and Ranging spacecraft – nicknamed Messenger – is three months into a planned year-long mission. It has also uncovered evidence of a lopsided magnetic field and regular bursts of electrons jetting through the magnetosphere

Pretty cool... You know those theories about venus being dragged into our solar system by some sort of passing star/nibiru/planet x... maybe its the same about mercury? or not? haha

Either way its interesting, if your into this kinda stuff

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Pretty cool... You know those theories about venus being dragged into our solar system by some sort of passing star/nibiru/planet x...

You need to support this with a reputable source.

Venus is to believed to have had a large body collision during the accretion era, that turned it upside down, and also possibly slowed its spin, some wild 'theorists' suggest that large body is Mercury. More sounded astrophysics believe that body was ejected from the solar system by the sun's gravitational assist, like we use to gain speed off of planets with deep space probes.

There is no detectable evidence of a suer large body like the Nirubu hoax ever to be. And we have detection devices never before known to man just 10 years ago out there.

So who should I believe? You, (with zero support) or the collective transparency of the entire astrophysics world?

Hmmm, a toughie.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Pretty cool... You know those theories about venus being dragged into our solar system by some sort of passing star/nibiru/planet x...

You need to support this with a reputable source.

Venus is to believed to have had a large body collision during the accretion era, that turned it upside down, and also possibly slowed its spin, some wild 'theorists' suggest that large body is Mercury. More sounded astrophysics believe that body was ejected from the solar system by the sun's gravitational assist, like we use to gain speed off of planets with deep space probes.

There is no detectable evidence of a suer large body like the Nirubu hoax ever to be. And we have detection devices never before known to man just 10 years ago out there.

So who should I believe? You, (with zero support) or the collective transparency of the entire astrophysics world?

Hmmm, a toughie.

First off dude, I'm not asking you to believe anything! relax! I never said I agree/believe in nibiru did I? wow.....
The theory is from Velikovsky, that Venus was a comet (or possibly a moon-ish type object from jupiter area) and was somehow brought into this part of the solar system. And yes, its a theory, i don't agree with it, I was just throwing it out there as it jogged my memory when I read that mercury was different than the rest. please notice the

"maybe its the same about mercury? or not? haha" in my post..as in, who knows! So ya, I don't know what you think I'm asking you to believe... maybe you don't believe the news article? it is information from NASA, so I would understand

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Mercury was a big problem to humans but how are we to know anything else.
We know Mercury came on the scene for the destruction of the Tower of Babble
and affected Mexico:

In the ancient Mexican traditions it is told that those who survived the catastrophe of the “sun of wind” lost “their reason and speech.” (19)

www.varchive.org...
thus

It can be assumed with a fair amount of probability that the planet that caused the disturbances described above was the planet Mercury, the Greek Hermes, the Babylonian Nebo.

www.varchive.org...

If we do not read what observations have been recorded for us there can be no righteous answers.

new topics

top topics

join