It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extent of the Sexualisation of Women

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have a comment to make. Hollywood deliberately sexualize their scenes. And I find their manipulaton and mistreatment of women to be on par with CIA/Laurel Valley crapola. They're not the good guys eh! The shadow side run this world!

It is very natural for adult humans to appreciate the opposite sex. But is it OK to just fantacize about anyone you meet? Don't worry I'm not judging, for this isnt going to be said in that way, I understand sexuality is normal and don't think its a taboo or negative function, or it shouldn't, and don't believe in ownership of women or societal control very much, except also don't believe in exploitation of women financially. But I dont see any crime in hippy free love except, I choose to be see all as my brothers and sisters and not going to be a participator.

That being said, within that context of total respect for everyones natural feelings, heres the reason some restraint might be useful.

1. Earth is a test and my Higher Self showed me the big red screen curtain being pulled back so its all recorded, and that meant no more bloopers.

2. Are we selfless or selfish, for we are somewhat interconnected psi wise, and its more like, I would appreciate someone and think of them in a gallant way, but would never wish to bring someone, who has their onw lessons here, their own family here, their own cosmic family watching over, their own loves, or soul mate watching over, and just feel that this kind of objectifying others is selfish, and intrusive even.

And people do get tested on their sexuality to see if they're growing up more, and more selfless and taking joy in the happiness of another, and their freedom.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Wow.

Originally posted by TechUnique
A lot of people obviously don't understand me. Probably due to my tendency to tangent and not make myself clear.

I understand natural sexual urges and why they are there. Sexual urges are natural but there are UNNATURAL urges, behaviours and mindsets that have been aided in their development by the media.

That is unquestionable.

We aren't talking about natural urges here. Why can't some people get that into their heads and refrain from posting the same points?

Record finally stopped and then a mod put the same annoying track on.

Will this post get deleted thats the question!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
S.F but you do realise that this has already been going on for years and not only that they have moved on too children,women are old enough to look after themselves but what about our children ?????

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I find the biological explanations interesting and informative and I also wonder of the psychological implecations of such media being so mainstream.

I should like to add though, that we are more than just mere sophisticated mechanical biological entities and that we have a calling to behave in a higher manner than just purely animalistic behaviour guided by whatever thoughts and urges we may have or what have you. The interpretation of this I leave to the individual.

But that aside, i'm not so sure there is not a danger in this kind of media being mainstream, atleast, among certain viewers such as children who are increasingly being baptised in this sort of media hence my concerns about desensitization and the bluring of lines between reality and fantasy. And as some here have raised concerns of the moral implecations (such as the sexual objectification of women, that is, dehumanizing a woman into a role of merely a sex object, which to me, is something more going on than just the whole human courting pattern at work...), so too do I raise similar concerns...

And to note, i'm not advocating censership but I do have to wonder if there is a time and place for things and if perhapes regulating such media is a rational way with making a time and place for such things of this kind of media rather than making it a mainstream form of entertainment where public morale sensibilities should be guarded. Hehe, I'm probably going to get hell with 'public morale sensibilities'.

Edit to add: My painkillers are starting to kick in, so, pardon if my posts are a little...well...you know. LoL
edit on 17-6-2011 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Uh... Guys always thing about sex when we meet a new potential mate... It's genetics baby

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Finally, keep in mind, just because you have a urge to mount everything you see, doesn't mean your slave to your desires.

i starred you for that one dont get use to it

because your right now if he was trying to mount everything he saw as in action then he would be a slave thoughts are nothing actions matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SaturnFX

Finally, keep in mind, just because you have a urge to mount everything you see, doesn't mean your slave to your desires.

i starred you for that one dont get use to it

because your right now if he was trying to mount everything he saw as in action then he would be a slave thoughts are nothing actions matter.

I'm sure that's what the first kid who got molested said.

But in all seriousness I agree with you both but unnatural thoughts can lead to unnatural actions.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

hold up i wasnt talking about molestation.

for 99% of the population we have all been taught sex is a dirty word when it isnt.

thats what i am talking about

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nah I understand your point mate I was just making another. Thoughts get put into peoples heads through the media and some of those thoughts can manifest into actions.

Like I said I agree with you both.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm not going to read through all nine pages of this thread, but I will say this-

I'm not sure why OP was disgusted at himself for fantasizing about a woman. The desire to mate with attractive women is a natural thing that happens to most (if not all) men. It kinda makes me think he's a radical christian or some similar conservative nutjob.

HOWEVER, I will agree that children in Disney shows and similar stuff are overly sexualized. But to feel guilty for feeling attracted to a woman on TV? And to worry about disrespecting women? Last I checked, most women don't respect men at all. Why, you ask? Because men are sexist pigs who only care using women as objects. At least that's the women say, all the while spending the money of whatever man they're with.
edit on 17-6-2011 by CRDDD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I personally dont see much conspiracy in the sexual nature of Humans. we (men) are hard wired for sex. i know personally, i laugh at myself when i catch myself thinking the darndest things, at the most inopportune times. you remember that "hot" teachers assistant in middle school? yeah, the one that, though you had no functional knowledge of how to do..."the do", but you wanted her? it's just the way we are.

now that in no way is the same as objectification of women, as that's a substandard way of looking at another human being, but from the way i see it, us men are all about the "act of reproduction". we're mostly visual, while the ladies are cerebral,from what i've seen repeatedly spoken by experts, in regards to the horizontal shuffle.

all in all...women are just BEAUTIFUL(yet borderline loony) creatures!

edit on 17-6-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It's called "having a penis"

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This just in: Males are sexually attracted to females. Who wouldve thought?!

See todays other news breaking headline: Sex sells! When did this happen?!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
you disgusting men, how dare you entertain these natural thoughts!
go rub some soap into your eyes.

Now that was funny

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The two posters above me obviously didn't read past the first page of this thread. To be honest I don't blame you, the first 3-4 pages is mostly stupid comments like both of yours. Got tiring after the first couple.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Sex sells for a reason, as you say. It is an undeniable fact that as a society we glorify people based on our own definition of beauty.

News is the worst in my opinion. There is no such thing as an unattractive woman on any news program as a regular contributor. Now I have no doubt that these women are smart as well as beautiful, but they are certainly not the smartest or most insightful person to provide analysis on a news program. One of the reasons FOX news is popular is because of the women on the network. Even the weather chicks are hot and because they show profile when doing the weather report, typically have large breasts - that a coincidence?

I much prefer non-US TV generally where it would appear that the selections, place more value on intelligence, insight and experience than in the US. British TV, based on the realistic apparence and nature of the actors is far better, IMO. I'll take a BBC mystery over any of the rubbish they broadcast in the US any day.

You're crazy. They are just talking heads on the TV. Of course they should be good looking, there really is NO other prerequisite. Going by TV news anchors gives you a good idea of how good looking the women are in that country. Down here in Mexico, news anchors and weather girls are hot, just not as hot as the ones in the US. That's because Mexican women, in general, are not as hot. British are way ugly, those beasts on TV are the best they can come up with. That's where you get their "realistic appearance". Ever seen, say, Italian TV? They seem to be much hotter. Maybe cause their chicks are hotter.

Since when did you think talking heads on TV are insightful or intelligent? Or that they provide analysis of anything? They are reading off a teleprompter, written by much smarter people. If you were as well, you might sound smarter, too.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
In fact, I wish I lived in TV land. Everyone is beautiful. Everyone lives in a million dollar crib. Everyone drives a hot rod. Ever notice that? Yeah, so realistic.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

Oh okay. I thought you were referring to getting the part via the "couch" if you catch my drift.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I choose not to think about sex, cause it makes me want to commit fornication, and if I start thinking about it, i'm going to call somebody up.. I don't need no more sins on my plate.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't really seem to know what I want from a woman but I have noticed that while an attractive body or a sexy demenour can titilate the senses & overwhelm rational thinking....its not until I see a pretty woman standing up for what she believes and doing it with grace & a joy for life that I get that nice little spark in the heart

Peace,
-Bob

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join