It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extent of the Sexualisation of Women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'll try to keep this short..

I have to admit I was disgusted at myself when watching a film earlier. A woman was crawling along the floor, tense scene, guy with a chainsaw about to kill her and everything. I noticed that I couldn't stop looking at her behind and even found myself fantasising about having sex with this person I'm never going to meet.

But that's not all I noticed. I also noticed that I along with most males think like this all the time. ALL THE TIME. Now If you are male and you reply saying this makes me a disgusting person then look in the mirror because this is what the majority of males are like.

Why is the world like this?

This is all due to the thorough objectification of women through the media and even partly due to the principles of archaic religion. It has been programmed into our heads. Women are objects. Women are good for nothing except sex.

When you see a woman on T.V is she 'Physically unattractive' ? Usually not. But guys? They can be the ugliest people going and still represent a corporation or media outlet on T.V.

Don't think that because I can't help staring at women with a gormless expression that I have no respect for women. That is far from the case.

Women have to deal with periods and childbirth bro. That stuff is not for me.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If you like watching movies like this and even have sexual fantasies about the victim while she's victimised I think you are;

A; Sharing Too Much Information

B: Sick in the head indeed

C. Need to see a shrink

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Men are interested in women sexually? When did this happen?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Is the conspiracy the over sexualization of females in media? I don't ee a conspiracy, men like to think about sex. It is their nature, and quite normal and healthy even. Nothing is wrong with thinking about sex. It is hard wired in men's brains.

Let me now share a secret with you. I am female, and guess what? I think about sex too, when I watch men on tv and movies. Most if not all women have sexual thoughts too. It is debateable whether or not men or women actually think about it more often, as women are far less likely to actually admit they too think about sexing men uo when they see them on the movies and tv.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
If you like watching movies like this and even have sexual fantasies about the victim while she's victimised I think you are;

C. Need to see a shrink

She wasn't literally about to be killed. She was crawling and hiding. I got completely distracted from the killing part by her crawling. The violence part has nothing to do with it.

That's the whole point. A lot of men get completely distracted from whatever is going on because of women. Sure other women think about sex but is it to the point of crashing a car because they saw some guy in tight jeans?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

C. Need to see a shrink

You're taking it out of context. I think he is referring that instead of enjoying the movie for what it is, he was starring at her ass - not in the sense that he was getting aroused by the whole chainsaw killing while she was on her knees.

I do it as well, I'm attracted to females is that wrong? I am pretty sure women do the same about our bulges...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yes I am like that. Damn. Everytime I see an attractive women on tv or wherever I start fantasizing. But what straight guy doesn't do that?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I'll try to keep this short..

I have to admit I was disgusted at myself when watching a film earlier. A woman was crawling along the floor, tense scene, guy with a chainsaw about to kill her and everything. I noticed that I couldn't stop looking at her behind and even found myself fantasising about having sex with this person I'm never going to meet.

But that's not all I noticed. I also noticed that I along with most males think like this all the time. ALL THE TIME. Now If you are male and you reply saying this makes me a disgusting person then look in the mirror because this is what the majority of males are like.

Why is the world like this?

This is all due to the thorough objectification of women through the media and even partly due to the principles of archaic religion. It has been programmed into our heads. Women are objects. Women are good for nothing except sex.

When you see a woman on T.V is she 'Physically unattractive' ? Usually not. But guys? They can be the ugliest people going and still represent a corporation or media outlet on T.V.

Don't think that because I can't help staring at women with a gormless expression that I have no respect for women. That is far from the case.

Women have to deal with periods and childbirth bro. That stuff is not for me.

You want to have sex with women because of an instinctual urge to propagate the species. Women have the exact same urges, for the exact same reason. For human beings, mating season is literally all year long. It's not about objectification, it's the way humans evolved.

Wanting to have sex with attractive women is completely normal. You have urges to have sex with attractive people because fit, flushed, and attractive people represent good health, and the ability to bear children.

It's evolution, it is how the human race evolved into what it is today. Despite what the most disgusting male hating femi-nazi would say, the reasons men go after gorgeous women are purely instinctual.

Or do you really believe that if the media told us all that obnoxious women like Rosie O'Donnell was the hottest thing on earth that suddenly all males in the world would start picking up women at McDonalds instead of a dance club?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
you disgusting men, how dare you entertain these natural thoughts!
go rub some soap into your eyes.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
You want to have sex with women because of an instinctual urge to propagate the species. Women have the exact same urges, for the exact same reason. For human beings, mating season is literally all year long. It's not about objectification, it's the way humans evolved.

Wanting to have sex with attractive women is completely normal. You have urges to have sex with attractive people because fit, flushed, and attractive people represent good health, and the ability to bear children.

It's evolution, it is how the human race evolved into what it is today. Despite what the most disgusting male hating femi-nazi would say, the reasons men go after gorgeous women are purely instinctual.

Or do you really believe that if the media told us all that obnoxious women like Rosie O'Donnell was the hottest thing on earth that suddenly all males in the world would start picking up women at McDonalds instead of a dance club?

Yes but it goes way past an instinctual urge.

Did cavemen fantasise about a threesome with two cave-chicks whilst a sabertooth tiger urinates on them all? Probably not.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am convinced some kind sexualization conspiracy is ahoof. I remember watching The X Files regularily when it first came out. The heroin, (Jillian Anderson) Agent Dana Scully, appeared to bear a little 'baby fat' and she was always completely conservatively dressed like a civillian government SA, and none of her wardrobe was figure revealing. Yet, we could all still see and appreciate how beautiful she was.
But if that show came out now days, she'd be weighing 98 lbs and wearing a painted on suit which looked like it would shred if she moved wrong.
I just HATE that s**t. Just loath it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

We think like that because that's the way our brains work.
Whether you believe in creation or evolution or both, we as human beings are divided into 2 sexes, which are designed for sexual intercourse with one another.
Obviously this will be represented through movies and media, just like all other aspects of human nature. Sometimes it's normal, sometimes it's sick, but it's nothing unusual.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

We think like that because that's the way our brains work.
Whether you believe in creation or evolution or both, we as human beings are divided into 2 sexes, which are designed for sexual intercourse with one another.
Obviously this will be represented through movies and media, just like all other aspects of human nature. Sometimes it's normal, sometimes it's sick, but it's nothing unusual.

Yes but like I said before.

Did cavemen fantasise about a threesome with two cave-chicks whilst a sabertooth tiger urinates on them all? Probably not.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure women only have themselves to blame if they get offended by this kind of behavior.

Man don't put guns to womens heads and tell them to tighten their pants and hike their top up. Women say they should be able to dress anyway they please without having immature males seeing them as sex objects.

This is a dead end topic, and in the end i blame certain media outlets for glorifying sex appeal and the pursuit of sex.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Thats your Fantasy? Damn dude....

Look, When I was single I went to Bars and Dance clubs to find the hottest woman there, take her back to my house, and have lots of drunken sex.

All of those single women at that bar, or club went there for the exact same reason I did.

You are a man, don't apologize for that.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Well what does the fact that I as man don't like such movies a lot and would be aroused at all say about me and you than?

I just think that difference is an issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2011 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

Thanks for the visual.

And to answer your question.....Probably

Us Men have been pigs for quite some time...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I agree with what you said above. I honestly think sexism against women has gotten worse in recent years. I was actually just talking about this a few days ago with some friends. Women are seen as sex objects, but I dont think any one thing can be blamed. I think its a combination of how women are portrayed in popular music and video games, along with almost all other forms of media.

I also think that girls growing up today do not have enough self-respect, and I think that they are confused by the mixed signals they get. Parents and other guiding figures say "respect yourself". Society and the media say "put out or you'll be shunned". It's sad. They set themselves up to be victims of sexism either way they choose.

It's topics like this that convince me that human beings are here solely to have sex and die. There is no greater purpose. We're just an out of control chemical reaction...

edit on 16-6-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Sex sells for a reason, as you say. It is an undeniable fact that as a society we glorify people based on our own definition of beauty.

News is the worst in my opinion. There is no such thing as an unattractive woman on any news program as a regular contributor. Now I have no doubt that these women are smart as well as beautiful, but they are certainly not the smartest or most insightful person to provide analysis on a news program. One of the reasons FOX news is popular is because of the women on the network. Even the weather chicks are hot and because they show profile when doing the weather report, typically have large breasts - that a coincidence?

I much prefer non-US TV generally where it would appear that the selections, place more value on intelligence, insight and experience than in the US. British TV, based on the realistic apparence and nature of the actors is far better, IMO. I'll take a BBC mystery over any of the rubbish they broadcast in the US any day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join