It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA's "Facebook" program makes spying really easy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is a video from the Onion about how the CIA created Facebook to spy on Americans.

They say its a parody video but, we all know better right.
What better way to hide the truth than to rub our faces in it through satire?

Notice Zuckerburg's code name was "Overlord". Maybe they're trying to tell us folks on ATS something hmmm?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Didn't it used to be standard CIA practice to recruit new people at schools?

plausible deny-ability it's called isn't it?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Im sure if they wanted access to your facebook page, they wouldn't have any trouble getting any/all information they wanted from facebook. It being run by the CIA? that might be a stretch.
edit on 16-6-2011 by goobersnooch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Facebook will really be FACE Book. This week sometime, an article was stating that facial recognition will scan Facebook member's pictures into a database. The ploy is to tell members that way friends and family can match you to group pictures which you're included in.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't feel like the Onion is attempting to "hide the truth" with this. If anything I feel as though they are trying to tell something to the people with the eyes to see it. just check this onion clip out. They speak of our "shadowy overlords" aka the banksters.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Dont kid yourself ! Facebook is watched. Every thing you post even in Chat room is monitered. I have had posts pulled and my chat room disabled before due to a topic the Church did not like .

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by goobersnooch

watch "the truth about facebook" on youtube and tell me if you still consider it a "stretch." As a matter of fact, here's a link.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

I agree, they are trying to wake up some of the marginals.
Some will just laugh, some will think about it and some will ask more questions.
edit on 17-6-2011 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Didn't it used to be standard CIA practice to recruit new people at schools?

Last I knew (and this was years ago), there were only select colleges they actively recruited from. However, with more modern techniques, they are likely to do things the way any other business or agency does, online applications, resumes, and interviews, background checks, etc.

top topics

join