It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers attack one another: LulzSec at war with Anonymous, 4Chan members

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Here we go folks, I and a few other members predicted this a few days ago based on internet chatter and forum talk. Now it looks like things are coming to a heat.

LulzSec, the Internet group that is very vocal about its hacking escapades, seems to have gone to war with members of 4Chan, an Internet message board, and Anonymous, the activist hacker group whose members come from 4Chan.

A poster making the rounds on the Internet appears to have been created by Anonymous or members of 4Chan. It calls for people to identify the members of LulzSec or alert the FBI if they know who they are. The poster contains graphic and offensive language.

On Tuesday, LulzSec tweeted: "Challenged accepted, losers
," acknowledging the group was aware that members of 4Chan were after it.

A day later LulzSec tweeted a message implying it had launched a denial of service attack on 4Chan's Web hosting company in an effort to take it down.

"Sorry #Anonymous, your LOIC hive is no match for our phone redirect hive. A certain hosting company just got 1000+ calls," LulzSec tweeted.

Anonymous says it has an activist agenda, most recently hacking websites of the Turkish government in support of freedom of speech. It didn't seem bothered by LulzSec's attacks on PBS, Fox or Sony. But when LulzSec appeared to have tried to crash the Web servers for three popular Internet games -- League of Legends, Minecraft and EVE Online -- 4Chan and Anonymous members seemed to have become frustrated with their hacker counterparts.

As I said yesterday, it's almost as if Lulzsec are provocing Anonymous.

Makes you think eh?

There have been a hundred discussions and suggestion and accusations, with no real firm evidence - accusations of both parties being CIA or such, and maybe we're right, or half right - or totally wrong.

But is this just another measure to implement stricter internet rules? Who works for whom?

Who stands to benefit?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

These three puppets are one and the same. They are Mainstream Media aproved and they are just part of the agenda to police the internet.

Anonymous is attempting to hijacking the legit truth movement like they did with that Zeitgeist movie. They are not legit, they just want to suck in everybody who was grassroot and put them under a more controllable banner.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

The Guardian seems to be under the belief that anonymous are responsible for the attacks as well as Lulzsec, but I believe differently. I believe Lulzsec took the opportunity to discredit anon.

The move generated considerable anger within the hacking underground, especially when Sony gained access to the IP addresses of visitors to George Hotz' website.

Calling this move an "unforgivable offence against free speech and internet freedom" the hacker group Anonymous effectively declared a cyber-war on the company. Two weeks later, the PlayStation Network suffered a major intrusion, and the service was offline for more than a month.

Anonymous claimed not have been responsible, but it certainly helped put Sony on the hacking agenda. Lulzsec's own campaign, wittily titled Sownage, kicked off in late April with the Sony Pictures attack.

Some theorise that Lulzsec is an offshoot of Anonymous, a splinter group tired of the politicising of the older organisation. It certainly carries the same anti-Sony resentment. A later hack was accompanied by the press release declaration: "Konichiwa from LulzSec, Sony bastards!"

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by mr-lizard

like every other "major" conflict, the hidden player who feeds and bets on both dogs.

the ones lookin to implement an agenda, the ones with a solution to the problem they fuel, incite strife to create a revolt and justification for the original aim.

the ones who want to keep the "us and them" paradigm

division instead of unity

quite simple actually

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Silly kids.

No offense Lizard, you didn't write it, but everything you quoted reminds me of high school.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
twitter.com...#!/stramble

Keep an eye on these guys too.

Claiming to know that some of Lulzsec are using I-Predator to cover their trails.

www.ipredator.se...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Remember the 90's?

Remember how out of control, and ridiculous the Bloods vs. Crypts war got? Or East Coast vs. West Coast?

Welcome to the future.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sometimes when people commit insurance fraud , they will make it look like their house was burglarized, and then cash the check from the insurance company.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by wiredamerican

on a side note, i think you just cracked the 911 conspiracy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
Remember the 90's?

Remember how out of control, and ridiculous the Bloods vs. Crypts war got? Or East Coast vs. West Coast?

Welcome to the future.

And this is only the beginning man, I never thought I would see the day.
Cybergangs...

Lets see Snoopdogg rap about this.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

It calls for people to identify the members of LulzSec or alert the FBI if they know who they are.

Nothing like revolutionaries calling out for people to turn in their enemies.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Typical counter-terror or warfare tactic, infiltrate a group and set two sides against one another. They'll weaken or kill each other off while you get to sit back and watch and wait for the right time to strike. Internet security and crime is a huge concern for world governments, especially the US. It would be 100% reasonable for the CIA or FBI or whatever to do something like this. I wouldn't be surprised or shocked at all if they were responsible, especially considering some past "victims" of "anonymous" groups.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Exactly. It's a new generation, with a new culture war.

I'm only 30, so I barely remember the 80's, but I'm sure every generation has one in some form.

Anyone know some analogs from before the 90's?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Uhhh no....

The protests that were made against the Turkish gubmint came from AnonOps not 4chan...

Anonymous does not end with 4chan or AnonOps.

4chan summer**** at its finest

Most of the people in 4chan doesn't know how to "hack" or whatever you want to call it so you can't call this "hacker wars"

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkofCain
Uhhh no....

The protests that were made against the Turkish gubmint came from AnonOps not 4chan...

Anonymous does not end with 4chan or AnonOps.

4chan summer**** at its finest

Most of the people in 4chan doesn't know how to "hack" or whatever you want to call it so you can't call this "hacker wars"

I LOL'd at the "summer****" reference

I've always thought it was funny how whenever people hear "anonymous", they think of 4chan. To me, in my own mind, "anonymous" is any individual or group that does not reveal their identity. Anonymous can be posters on 4chan, it can be a secretive hacker collective, it can be your friendly old neighbor lady leaving a nice comment on a religious website. Anonymous is anyone that is... anonymous. Sure 4chan, anonOPs and LULZsec can fit into this... But they're not THE anonymous. There is no THE anonymous. Anyone can be anonymous.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

You and MarkOfCain are right, just typical of media reporters and the like getting it wrong and lumping everyone into the same thing like they do with conspiracy theorists. Reminds me of the times when all black metal fans were accused of being Satan worshipping church burners just because some idiots decided to do just that, everyone gets tarred with the same brush without proper research into the groups.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This title should read:

Many alplabet agencies make mince meat of "anonymous" and "4Chan".

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
This title should read:

Many alplabet agencies make mince meat of "anonymous" and "4Chan".

No - because up to now, we have no proof. And unlike a lot of communities the hacker collective or hacktivists have been doing this for years without needing anyone to hold their hand.

They don't need the CIA or anyone else, some of these guys have been hacking computers since day one.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky

These three puppets are one and the same. They are Mainstream Media aproved and they are just part of the agenda to police the internet.

Anonymous is attempting to hijacking the legit truth movement like they did with that Zeitgeist movie. They are not legit, they just want to suck in everybody who was grassroot and put them under a more controllable banner.

Exactly.

Usually when you really are dangerous to the nwo they ignore you then try to imprison or kill you off without anyone knowing. This is just a hollywood nwo sideshow. They are both paid proxies so who cares.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Typical counter-terror or warfare tactic, infiltrate a group and set two sides against one another. They'll weaken or kill each other off while you get to sit back and watch and wait for the right time to strike. Internet security and crime is a huge concern for world governments, especially the US. It would be 100% reasonable for the CIA or FBI or whatever to do something like this. I wouldn't be surprised or shocked at all if they were responsible, especially considering some past "victims" of "anonymous" groups.

That is just what it is, im not playing part in this game and distraction. Anon's that know better wont either. For one you cant go to war with a faceless enemy. An attack on 4chan by the older "OldFa#s" is pointless. Coming from an old fa% like myself even. First of all 4chan is not Anonymous. 4chan is also Anonymous and Anon originated there however snow balled as well from other online communities as well. I mean Anonymous is the whole internet. 4chan has users whom are anonymous yes, and so does ATS. 4chan gets too much publicity and credit for anonymous ops. Anon runs on IRC it does not plan raids and such out in the open publicly on message boards. You will hear chatter and lulz will be had but not how it works. As far as Lulzsec goes i applaud their work with sony and other operations. But lulzsec seem to be developing a god complex. This is just sabre rattling with Old Fa#s and New Fa%s. It has been going on for years. But it is possible they are gov hackers posing as Anons... if so they will fail in the end if the prime agenda is to create chaos and cause Anonymous to turn cannibal. They do not understand the simple gist of Anon in that case so i doubt it is all just CIA planted hackers. Just old f%g$ who consider themselves elite and want to do things their way imo

You want a better understanding and know the definition of anon and /b/ go here encyclopediadramatica.ch...

Typical tl;dr by an Oldf#&, AKA Veteran basement dweller, who for some insipid reason feels a sense of elitism about his place in the ocean of piss. Note the hypocrisy in attempting to identify something that is by definition unidentified.

edit on 17-6-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join