It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook blocks article about Israeli nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I was just reading a blog I visit a lot, and apparently they were unable to post the linked story directly to Facebook. They circumvented the censorship by creating a new link, but I am wondering how often people are blocked from posting a link on Facebook. I tried to share the original link too, and it blocked it as spam.

Here's a link to the blog entry which contains a link to the original source as well...

LINK

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
if it's anything like what youtube has become, facebook will be controlled in every way possible. People really need to just hang out with their facebook friends in real life and maybe use the internet for something other than posting their relationship status on a website run by the CIA.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

It just erased an excerpt about JFK I posted. Twice!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i was able to share

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Are you sure it's not just because of the recent Facebook changes? I know they no longer allow you to post hyper-links in the "comments" section of a post.....
Maybe that's what happened?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, I suppose this helps explain the recent drudge articles about people deactivating their accounts at Facebook by the millions. If it isn't treating user privacy issues like a minor nuisance, it's censoring users own pages and links posted as if they have personal editorial rights to the content on every page. To a point, every site has to control their content for outright objectionable or illegal stuff, but censorship is a whole different animal.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ooooh an intel hub link.
I can see why facebook killed the link.
Scare em all Al Jones Inc.
But big deal israel had nukes waaay before Iran ever dreamed of getting them.
israel has got the US under their thumb for some reason and Iran is not friends with the US.
Everyone knows you don't get nukes without US approval.
/end sarcasm, for the last line anyway.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A lot of times when I post something conspiratorial in nature, seconds after making the post, it just erased itself off the page.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
i was able to share

You shared the ORIGINAL link or the one to Station 6?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Are you sure it's not just because of the recent Facebook changes? I know they no longer allow you to post hyper-links in the "comments" section of a post.....
Maybe that's what happened?

It won't let you paste anything in comments. If you paste something, link or otherwise in a comment, just add a space and a period to the end, that should do the trick.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, I suppose this helps explain the recent drudge articles about people deactivating their accounts at Facebook by the millions. If it isn't treating user privacy issues like a minor nuisance, it's censoring users own pages and links posted as if they have personal editorial rights to the content on every page. To a point, every site has to control their content for outright objectionable or illegal stuff, but censorship is a whole different animal.

I keep getting slammed with security checks now whenever I post links. Stupid captcha. I could understand if I was posting on someone elses wall, but I should not be interrupted for posting on my own wall.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Often. It has happened to me on numerous occasions. Most recently, when I was blogging about the article "the illusion of 911 and Bin Laden"

Its absurd.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

It would seem to me tho, that they are blocking alternative news sources, rather than topics. I don't know which is more scary tho...

Book burning in the digital age...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Recently It flagged a link about Cob Houses I wanted to share, as spam. So it's not just conspiracy topics.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ramuh

Maybe it was connected to a site they don't like for some reason? Or some company that owns another company as a subsidiary?

new topics

top topics

join