It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midwest Floods: Both Nebraska Nuke Stations Threatened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Midwest Floods: Both Nebraska Nuke Stations Threatened

www.thepeoplesvoice.org

Despite some media reports, Ft Calhoun is not at a stage 4 level of emergency, which under the US scale, would be “actual or imminent substantial core damage or melting of reactor fuel with the potential for loss of containment integrity.”

If that rumor refers to the seven-level International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale, a Level 4 incident requires at least one death, which has not occurred.

And let's not forget all that genetically modified seed washing south to contaminate natural fields.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the problems started with the flooding clogging up the plants sludge pool it uses to drain sludge into the Missouri.

Under the four-level nuclear event scale used in the US, an NOUE is the least hazardous. In an Alert, however, “events are in process or have occurred that involve an actual or potential substantial degradation in the level of safety of the plant,” according to the NRC.

this is cause for great concern and preparations of evacuation. cooling needs to take place in the spent fuel pools for a long time and the problems are starting to compound.

The Ft. Calhoun plant -- which stores its fuel rods at ground level according to Tom Burnett -- is already partly submerged.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbaca9fa3cfc.jpg[/atsimg]

“Ft. Calhoun is the designated spent fuel storage facility for the entire state of Nebraska…and maybe for more than one state. Calhoun stores its spent fuel in ground-level pools which are underwater anyway – but they are open at the top. When the Missouri river pours in there, it’s going to make Fukushima look like an x-ray.”

Could this be part of why we are seeing some fish kills along the Missouri?

Hundreds Of Dead Fish In River Des Peres

“But that’s not all,” adds Burnett. “There are a LOT of nuclear plants on both the Missouri and Mississippi and they can all go to hell fast.”

The black triangles in the below image prepared by the Center for Public Integrity show the disclosed locations of nuclear power plants in the US, minus research and military plants. (Red lines indicate both Mississippi and Missouri rivers):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b1c006fb84e.jpg[/atsimg]

As of 1:15 pm ET on June 16, the river height of just over 40 feet near Cooper is still 5 feet below the elevation required for a plant shutdown. Near Fort Calhoun, the river is even lower as of 1:15 pm ET on June 16 (under 32 feet).

one thing i am glad to see at the end of the article the MSM is worried about corn crops we are dependent on corn for most everything related to food and it is not healthy.

hopefully this will shed some of that dependency through poor production and the need to find other more natural ways to eat instead of Processing corn and artificially flavoring it.

sadly its the land that is being destroyed so for many farmers this could end their production for the next year or even 2.

www.thepeoplesvoice.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/16/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/16/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So Cooper nuclear is f'ING up, too??? Great...I gotta go up by there in a couple of days to see the fam. Hopefully I don't come back glowing...
Just read the five feet from shut down thing...the corp of idiots is gonna release more of the Missouri tomorrow...
edit on 16-6-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is very concerning and should be - it will
effect a lot of people. Without the flood waters
receding how will they manage to bring this
under control, the water is the problem here.
If they keep the rods cooled we are in dire
straights.

Why is this not found on the sites that
list nuclear events?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That picture of the FT. Calhoun plant is definitely scary if the spent fuel rods are indeed at ground level.

Maybe that's how "Zombies" might become a reality: Irradiated Peeps. Us.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
That picture of the FT. Calhoun plant is definitely scary if the spent fuel rods are indeed at ground level.

you just opened a conspiracy can of worms there...

instead of slow moving zombies saying BRRRAAAAIIINSSS> it will be glowing FEMA camps full of people saying POTASSIUM IODINE,,,

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why is it that they choose such poor locations for nuclear powerplants? In japan they were close to the sea and near an earthquake line. In the usa they are located in southern california, near the new madrid fault line, on the east coast close to the atlantic or in flood prone waters.

To make matters worse they store spent rods within the facility at ground level?

If I was the illuminati and wanted to depopulate the world covertly, then causing nuclear disasters would be at the top of my agenda. And NO ONE bothers to ask these simple questions to the IAEA! I bet they would say "they need to be close to populated areas for distribution purposes" or "the power company chooses to build there because the land is cheap and accessible".

The day they tell us the truth will be the day most of us are dead and the rest under mind control!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Why is it that they choose such poor locations for nuclear powerplants? In japan they were close to the sea and near an earthquake line. In the usa they are located in southern california, near the new madrid fault line, on the east coast close to the atlantic or in flood prone waters.

To make matters worse they store spent rods within the facility at ground level?

If I was the illuminati and wanted to depopulate the world covertly, then causing nuclear disasters would be at the top of my agenda. And NO ONE bothers to ask these simple questions to the IAEA! I bet they would say "they need to be close to populated areas for distribution purposes" or "the power company chooses to build there because the land is cheap and accessible".

The day they tell us the truth will be the day most of us are dead and the rest under mind control!

It has nothing to do with the illuminati, it has to do with a source of running water. Believe it or not, nearly all of our energy comes from producing steam from ancient times to today.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by The GUT

you just opened a conspiracy can of worms there...

instead of slow moving zombies saying BRRRAAAAIIINSSS> it will be glowing FEMA camps full of people saying POTASSIUM IODINE,,,

You ever been to Nebraska? They will be saying IT'S THE FAULLLT OF THE LEEEEEBEERALS. BRAAAAAINNNNS!
But Ron Paul will get elected and deregulate restrictions further and it will be all good!!!
edit on 16-6-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Yes. And no, the majority of the "populated" areas are not anti-liberal, Sen Ben Nelson (D-NE) while being a "Blue Dog" is still a Dem.

This story is slightly sensationalized in order to appeal to fear, I am not saying it's not a potential problem, but it's not quite what's really going on.

The plant 20 miles from Omaha is encircled by a giant rubber barrier. And it has been shut down since April. The Omaha Public Power District said the complex will not be reactivated until the flooding subsides. Read more: www.ketv.com...

Unlike Japan's infamous Fukushima Dai-ichi plant, the entire Omaha facility still has full electrical power for safety systems, including those used to cool radioactive waste. It also has at least nine backup power sources. Read more: www.ketv.com...
KETV

ETA: Just another source explaining that it's not as bad as what the OP's source claims.

The Fort Calhoun nuclear power station in Nebraska remains shut down due to Missouri River flooding, but the plant itself has not flooded and is expected to remain safe, the federal government said Friday.

According to the NRC's Burnell, the added flood barriers will protect the plant even if the river rises beyond where it is currently projected to go. Within that flood barrier, the plant has taken steps to provide additional protection for emergency diesel generators, Burnell said.

Reuters

edit on 17-6-2011 by Hijaqd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I just heard about this today. I am only a couple states away in Kansas City,Mo. There is no news cover here locally. If something like what happened in Japan happened here what areas would be affected. I know I am too far away but I have family that lives up in Northern Missouri.

new topics

top topics

join