It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannot explain this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Just been into the garden and the moon is very beautiful tonight very bight so I was gazing up. Then I see this light moving in the sky, very similar to a start in orions belt however it was moving through the sky, I freeze, this can't happen to me, I never thought it would happen to me. The sensible side of me takes over and says it must be an aircraft, however a flashing plane light comes in view very close to this moving "star", Then it goes out of view. It twinckled just like a starr but couldn't be by the way it moved across the sky. Too slow for a shooting star to fast for a celestial object.

Anyone have any possible explainations?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Did you happen to take any pictures or video that you would be able to share? That might help explain things a bit more.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
sounds like a satelite.
though it still could be little green men.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Satellite perhaps? Without pics/vid you're only going to get guesses . . . OK, you'd probably get the same with pics/vids but at least we'd be somewhat entertained.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It was Jesus!

If you can't explain it, it's Jebus!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

just got in myself 10 mins ago very bright object moving from north west ish to south eastish quitefast, seemed quite high too (very subjective and vague i know, couldnt see any flashing or coloured lights either. Location about 15 miles north west of manchester airport, uk. just goint to have a look on casper to see if anything about now.

link   
Sounds like the ISS, go to the NASA web site look for sighting op's, plug in where you live as see if it flew over at that time.

link   
I did think about running into the house for a camera but it was too close to moving out of view. I grabbed my telescope though which was not too far away, I didn't have time to see it through the telescope but I managed to see it through the viewfinder on the top of the telescope and it just looked like a star.

As for the Satellite theory, it well could be. I have never seen a satellite in the sky at night, however can it really be as bright as a star?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
nope, casper not showing anything that could be it (15 minute delay - not live) . Ah wel
l, maybe, just maybe.....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just checked NASA nearest viewing would be 19.06.11

I think what I saw had significance but I guess I can never know for sure.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

As for the Satellite theory, it well could be. I have never seen a satellite in the sky at night, however can it really be as bright as a star?

from my little knowledge and experience satellites look just like stars that are drifting across the sky.
from what you said i think its the mostly likely explanation.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Start your research HERE to rule out a long list of possibiilities....

May take some time....but it is a must if one wants to find out what they are seeing

edit on June 16th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I've lived in "rural" areas most of my life and have been watching satellites for almost as long. They look just like little stars that are moving, sometimes very quickly(faster than a plane). The best way to tell if it is a satellite is to watch and see if there is a cyclical change in luminosity. Most satellites are rotating, which changes how much sunlight they are reflecting, and the pattern repeats. Also, if it is early in the evening and the light is moving east, if it is a satellite it will suddenly wink out as it passes into the shadow the earth is casting. Early in the morning, reverse the directions. Also, satellites do not change direction, or speed up or slow down.

Not saying what you saw was a satellite, but these are things to look for in the future.

edit on 6/16/2011 by Tsurugi because: Added some stuff.

new topics

top topics

join