It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening RIGHT NOW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Right now a child is dying due to lack of clean drinking water. Another child is dying of starvation. Somewhere in the world a woman is being raped. In another part of the world a child is being forced to work as a slave. There are innocent people being locked up and tortured right now because of ill mention of their demi god leader.

In Japan people are having to come to terms with a country infested with deadly radiation. In Pakistan thousands upon thousands are homeless due to recent flooding.

This is all happening right now.

Right now innocent people are suffering and dying.

If the outcome of an experiment can change based entirely on the observation of the experiment then maybe we can make a change merely by recognising and feeling empathy towards people in much worse situations than ourselves?

Positive thought can go a long way.

Next time you bitch for hours and hours about one of your work colleagues. Remember the other people around the world who are in a much worse situation and take time to recognise this and feel for them because you never know.. your thoughts really could make a difference.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Whenever I catch myself thinking that things in my life can't get much worse, I remind myself of the people on our planet who are in a truly desperate situation and do not even have food and clean water

I cannot begin to imagine their despair

My thoughts soon turn from 'oh woe is me', to 'my life aint so bad'.

new topics

join