It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jew Hatred - My Perspective

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have been a member of ATS for a couple of years now, been following it for much longer and I am very worried at the sad turn that it has taken and the hate being displayed, especially to Jews. The purpose of this thread is to perhaps enlighten some people who views of Jewish people are skewed by others perception even when they have had little or no contact with Jews.

Let me state the following:
I was born into a Jewish family, a working class family that struggled. I broke down and cried at a young age when coming home from infant school (about 5 years old) and telling my parents a joke I had heard at school about Jews and being sat down and explained to that we were Jewish. I cried because I was Jewish, I was not the same as everyone else at my school who were Christians (Church of England) and Jews were spoken about like they were filth.

We lived in an area that had few Jewish families and after revealing I was Jewish at school found myself abused verbally and often physically.

My parents separated when I was about 9 years old and financially we struggled even more so, when I had holes in my shoes, my mum put cardboard in to stop the rain getting in. I went to Hebrew classes to learn my Barmitzvah reciting words in a foreign language I did not understand. We were not religious, just going to synagogue on Jewish holidays and celebrating Christmas like everyone else. I never even knew anything about Hanukah until we moved when I was about 13 to a neighbourhood that had more Jewish families in the community (swapping our small 3 bedroom rented council house for an even smaller 2 bedroom flat). I then went to a Jewish club and met other Jewish kids, I felt more at home, was not abused or picked on and was accepted, even by the rich kids who didn’t mind coming to my flat to hang out, even though as a teenager I was embarrassed about where I lived.

The Jewish friends that I mixed with came from varying backgrounds, some were rich living in what I considered huge 4-5 bedroom detached houses, some were middle class living in semi detached 3 bedroom houses and some were financially poor too. I never met any nasty or unfriendly families and could never understand the typical stereotype of ‘stingy’ Jews???

I had a normal teenage life, working in a market on weekends to have spending money, went out to partys, discos and had girlfriends (with much heartbreak) so all the usual.

I grew up became a professional DJ eventually working in some of London’s top clubs in the late 80’s, by the early 90’s I landed a contract with a company who had contracts with discos owned and operated by 5 star hotels around the world. I worked in various clubs in Spain, Dubai, Bahrain, New Delhi, Manila, Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Pattaya. I worked as a radio presenter too and had a great life, eventually I went in club and then hotel management.

Although never a practising Jew, I formed my own beliefs about God and religion, I believe in a God/Supreme Being just not necessary the angry God of the bibles. I think religion is evil and used as a control to keep people dumbed down by the ‘Worlds Controllers’. I think the God of the bible was probably an angry Extra-Terrestrial and I believe we were genetically engineered by beings with higher technology, who we came to worship as Gods. Their decedents are todays ‘Illuminati’.

I now live in Asia and can honestly say that the only places that I have felt ‘Jew’ hatred is in western countries and obviously the Middle East. In Asia, I am Gwailo, Farang, Joe, just a white man. I am of Ashkansi and Sephardic decent and have been mistaken for an Arab, many times by Arabs (I am not offended, I have no hatred of Arabs or any people).

I have from time to time come across ‘western’ people who upon finding out I am of Jewish blood have taken an instant dislike for me, even when I have previously helped them in some way without wanting anything in return. That is their problem, not mine!

In the last 5 years or so, I have done well for myself financially and helped many people with money (not loans because from experience you rarely get the money back and generally end up being the bad guy and lose friends, so I never put conditions or expect the money back) and advice where needed.
I have sponsored several children in Thailand, Cambodia and Philippines to go to school (not the usual Unicef few dollars a month deal) and regularly contribute to a local orphanage.

I have in my life (over the last 10 years)in business met two New York Jews who did typify the Jewish stereotype who would sell their own mothers for a profit and would not bat an eyelid in ripping you off and had greed written all over them. Neither were particularly wealthy, but would do anything to get there! However, that being said I have met an American of Italian decent (Catholic)from California/Las Vegas, another American Mormon from Utah, German, Swiss, an Indian Sikh, an few Indian Hindu’s and Arab Muslims who have all conveyed the same behaviour.

I hate the underhanded snide remarks about how Jews were kicked from pillar to post, from one country to the next and that it must have happened for a reason, usually interpreting that Jews had done something wrong!Have you ever thought that maybe they worked hard to become wealthy because they were good traders (true) then were barred from most professions and encouraged by royalty, governers and the ‘Holy’ Roman (Empire, I mean) Church to lend money because they were the ones needing the wealth and when they had to pay it back, then resorted to stealing what was left and kicking the Jews out of their countries???? Yes the pattern repeated itself, history always does and if you use propaganda to teach the masses to hate certain people – guess what – they do!

Another thing I hate on ATS is the often referred to argument that Ashkenasi Jews are not ‘real’ Jews but fake Khazar Jews. Now I have read arguments on both sides as to whether the Ashkenasi Jews were Khazars who converted or not and to be honest I don’t personally care, except when the term ‘fake’ or ‘not real’ Jews is termed because it is basically a stupid, pathetic argument that has double standards, why?

Well the original followers of Jesus (Christians) were Jewish. Jesus was Jewish was he not (don’t ask a Filipino whatever you do – smile)? Therefore, all the Romans who converted 300 years after the death of Jesus (and subsequently all the Europeans, North Americans, South American Natives etc. who later converted) are fake by the same standard and argument!

What about the large population of Spanish Catholics who’s families were Jewish and were forced to convert by the inquisition by torture and in order to survive??? Today they are Catholics and practise the religion fervently, just as the Filipinos and and South American natives do, are they fake Christians???

Now, until recently, with the advent of more liberal synagogues, it was (and still is with traditional forms of Judaism) extremely difficult to convert to the faith and can take years and much rejection. So who is anyone to say when someone believes in a religion that they are fake anything?

There is a lot of hate on ATS much of it ‘Jew’ hatred disguised as ‘anti-zionist’ or ‘anti-Israel’ and you would not perhaps realise it is targeted at Jews in general unless you had been subjected to much of that hate throughout your life.

Now am I a Zionist? No, I live in Asia and come from the UK. I am a British (English) Jew. If England were to play Israel in sport, I would support England.

Do I agree with Israel’s policies, I would answer no! But then, I would not agree with those of the PLO, Hamas or Hezbollah either, to me they are all as bad as each other!

Do I ever want to live in Israel, no but with so much ignorance and hatred towards Jews, it could be possible one day. I would rather flee to Israel than be rounded up in Nazi fashion and sent to a camp (wouldn’t you in similar circumstances). Having experienced open hatred, resentment and pure ignorance against me, I can understand why Jews stick together and help each other and so many want to live in Jewish communities or move to Israel.

I have read on ATS ignorant comments about how the Jews controlled Russia and it was the Christians who were picked on and brutalised by the pogroms, are you kidding? The Jews had it just as bad!

I rarely hear Jewish people refer to themselves as the ‘Chosen ones’ (only very religious and rabbis) usually it is others who label us with disdain. We do not think ourselves any more special than anyone else, we are all human. Most Jewish people I know are decent, hardworking, honest and helpful, of course there is always exceptions, in any religion or people.

Do I believe Jewish people control the world? Many Jews are at the top, as are many Christians, Mormons, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindu’s, Sihk’s, etc., etc. Yes the Rothschild’s are Jewish! The Rockefellers, royal families, Asian, Arab rulers and bankers are not. Some Jews are involved in TPTB/Illuminati, the majority are NOT!

I never married a Jewish woman, I married a Catholic first time and then a Buddhist. My 13 year old son is not religious, has never had any religion forced on him and was not circumcised (however it does look like he will need to undergo the procedure soon as he cannot pull his foreskin back and I now regret not having it done when he was a baby, I will feel the pain as much as him – believe me).

I hope I have not bored too many people to sleep and I really sincerely pray that I have helped enlighten some people. Love is the way forward not hate, we are all ‘souls’ born into humanity whatever race, creed or religion, love and understanding is the way forward for us all!

Let’s deny ignorance!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Good post and it's badly needed here. Hopefully many will read this.

My business partner had to pull his son out of a private school in France a couple of years ago. He was getting death threats from the children of rich Islamists who had their kids in the same school. The French authorities would do nothing or take no action to help and to protect his life he brought him back to the US.

Good kid who deserved none of that. His father and I have been partners and friends for over twenty years and I have to say I mostly don't understand why he does not hate Gentiles. He does not though and like the other Jews I've known he is just a normal decent person trying to earn a living and getting by. His brother has done real well even though they did not come from wealth. He did it through education and hard work.

The level of hate threads lately here have been far worse than I remember in the past. I'm glad to say I asked for one to be removed earlier today and it's gone. Hopefully others asked the same.

I don't see anyplace for these hate threads here, but ATS seems to police most of them. Still many slip through because the bigots are careful to use wording to circumvent having their threads pulled. I don't think they fool anyone though.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't hate Jews. I do despise zionist. This was a good post and destroyed some of my perceptions.

I must say however, I do notice the eternal victim mentality quite strongly here. That is probably the most annoying Jewish trait IMO.

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 6/16/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hi Blaine, Thanks for your response, I am sorry to here of such threats to an innocent kid in what we consider a civilised country.

I don't particularly like the word 'Gentile' however, some of my best friends are non-Jewish in many forms
However, the man I trust more than any is my business partner who is 'Church of England' a great man who has taught me so much. He has so much honour and integrity even when confronted by so many unscrupulous business people we encounter in Asia.

If i can make just one person think and look at an alternative point, then I will be happy! There is so much propaganda here from all sides, I hope we can all cut through it and see the truth. Humans are not the enemy, we all just need to learn to do better for each other.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykey420

I don't hate Jews. I do despise zionist. I must say however, I do notice the eternal victim mentality quite strongly here. That is probably the most annoying Jewish trait IMO.

I second this post.

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

edit on 6/16/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykey420

Thanks for your reply, I do not consider myself a victim at all, I just told my story and if you sufferred the abuse I did as a child you would have sufferred too. Many kids get picked on for varying reasons, being to fat, being black, white, Asian, too many pimples, being a weakling, its all wrong and for one moment I don't say I was the only kid picked on. In fact, I stood up for myself and I am where I am today in life because I learned my lessons.

I just wanted some people to know the truth and what its like being a Jew growing up in the UK. We don't all come from banking/millionaire lifestyles and many are just normal working people. My son, fortunately, has not had to suffer many of the hardships I did and he goes to a 'private' multi-cultural school with kids who are from all over the world and quite mixed.

I am happy that you now have a different perception. If we were all the same it would be a boring world

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Good firsthand account.

I don't notice the difference in the amount of Jew bashing compared to the bashing other religions get here, I just don't see it.

Where I went to high school, there were a lot more Jewish students there than a normal school and no one harassed them or the other way around. I had Jewish friends and a g/f, but the Jewish thing rarely came up.The difference in the treatment there and what you experienced is most likely regional.

Here's a question. If you're not a practicing Judaism, how are you considered Jewish? I've heard people say that there is no such thing as Jewish people, but then there are the Ashkenazim and Khazarians, among others of the supposed race. I'm hearing conflicting reports.

I agree that most of the negativity is centered around the Zionists, but as I'm just discovering, is that there are different types of Zionism, so even they can't be lumped into one category.
edit on 16-6-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

There is a lot of hate on ATS much of it ‘Jew’ hatred disguised as ‘anti-zionist’ or ‘anti-Israel’ and you would not perhaps realise it is targeted at Jews in general unless you had been subjected to much of that hate throughout your life.

I don't hate, but when I say negative things about Israel, like for instance they are putting Palestinians in a large ghetto ironically similar to how the Jews were treated during world war 2, it's not an under-handed anti-Jew remark, it's generally an anti-Israel remark, which true Torah Jews seem to believe in.
edit on 16-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I don't hate Jews. I do despise zionist. This was a good post and destroyed some of my perceptions.

I must say however, I do notice the eternal victim mentality quite strongly here. That is probably the most annoying Jewish trait IMO.

Wow, you don't even know do you?

What percentage of Jews are Zionists would you say? 100% perhaps?

Like I said, no thinking person is fooled by the word play.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Well good question, I have Jewish blood, all my relatives are Jewish Ashkenasi on my fathers side and Sephardic on my mothers side (its where I get my dark good looks dont you know lol).

If there were alot of Jewish kids at your school, I would guess people are mixing, getting to know each other and the hatred and myths can be easily dismissed by reality. When you see that Jews don't in fact have horns and are not devil worshippers then perhaps your perception changes

Also when Jews are in large numbers perhaps the bigots are less likely to show their hatred but I believe that if there was any prejudice initially, it will not last long when getting a better understanding. Thanks for your input.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You know the question is, do you also condemn the acts of Hamas and radical Islamists in the same manner and at the same level as you criticize Israel? In that lies the answer.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
@Blaine91555

You mean the same Hamas that was aided by Israel as a counter-balance to the PLO?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or how about the Islamist rocket attacks that mysteriously always land in open fields and have killed less people in 10 years than a single forest fire in Israel. With such horrible military execution, and the fact that each rocket attack leads to hundreds of actual palestinian deaths when Israel invades, it's safe to say this is a false flag attack to justify more land grabbing.

Sorry, I don't condemn framed individuals as much as those who are doing the framing.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Good firsthand account.

I don't notice the difference in the amount of Jew bashing compared to the bashing other religions get here, I just don't see it.

Both are equally wrong in fact. One does not excuse the other in any way. People who hate don't use any common sense no matter who their target is. They are just bigots and that is how they are. Sometimes the target is somebody who earns more or has more because they worked more. Sometimes it's a physical difference like those equally bigoted people who hate those who are obese. Same mentality, same sick person.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Wow, you don't even know do you?

What percentage of Jews are Zionists would you say? 100% perhaps?

Like I said, no thinking person is fooled by the word play.

Probably very few, most Zionist probably live in Israel. While most Jewish people live outside of it. I'd guess 10%.
The more interesting question would be what percentage of self proclaimed christians are Zionist IMO.
Do you know?

No thinking person is fooled by Zionist propaganda. Seriously, Jews have been expelled from country after country solely because of Racism, through no fault of their own? Bish Please....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by filosophia

You know the question is, do you also condemn the acts of Hamas and radical Islamists in the same manner and at the same level as you criticize Israel? In that lies the answer.

Or how about the "radical islamists" like the 9/11 terrorists that were run by the CIA and Mossad? Do I condemn them as much as Israel? You bet I do

Or how about the "radical islamists" such as the underwear bomber that was let on the plane by intelligence services without a passport. Sure, I blame him, but there's only so much blame you can place on a drugged out mind controlled patsy.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

I don't hate, but when I say negative things about Israel, like for instance they are putting Palestinians in a large ghetto ironically similar to how the Jews were treated during world war 2, it's not an under-handed anti-Jew remark, it's generally an anti-Israel remark, which true Torah Jews seem to believe in.

'True Torah Jews' as opposed to 'fake Jews' yeah right! Keep kidding yourself, love and understanding is the way forward. just because one sect of a religion agree's with your views it does not make them anymore 'true' than one that does not agree with you.

I don't agree with the way Israel has treated many Palestinians however, those in the West Bank and that live within the borders of israel are not treated like those in Gaza. It's politics and war and NOT fair but they voted for Hamas and hamas does not want to persue the peaceful path, if only they would there could hopefully be a two state solution with mutually agreed borders, respect and peace. We live in hope! Love and Peace to the Arabs and Israeli's, but this thread is about Jew Bashing so lets not get off topic

Note: I do not use the term 'Anti-Semetic" anywhere because I do agree Arabs are semetic too, this is about Jew (specific) Bashing. Peace to all

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

I understand you don't like the term "false" Jew but I am not saying they are true Torah Jews, that is their label for themselves. I personally am not in favor of any religions so I hold all the major religions in low esteem, but this doesn't mean I hate their adherents.

As for Hamas not pursuing the peaceful way, I believe the rocket attacks are false flags to justify Israel invasion. Look at how pathetic they are (more deaths from a single forest fire than 10 years of rocket attacks) yet they keep happen. This is kind of like Bin Laden releasing a video tape just when the US needs to justify a police state (it's all Bin Laden's fault for not pursuing the peaceful way, this is basically how I take your statement, Hamas is also not following the peaceful way because they are being orchestrated by the global elite to cause wars).

I'll tell you one thing for anyone who cares to listen. The anti-Jewish, Neo-nazi movement was created to smear the patriot movement, I know this for a fact, even though the patriot movement is not anti-semitic no matter how much people say they are. However, the patriot movement is against the elite that run Israel as they are against the elite that run the USA or Yemen.

It's not a Jewish thing. Just listening to your story, who could possibly hate someone who had to wear cardboard shoes? I live near poor Jews, and I live near rich Jews, neither of them really strike me as people I need to hate. So the entire anti-semitic thing ( I know you said you don't use this but others do) use this to demonize anyone, like Jared Loughner, just shave a guy's head and boom, instant neo-nazi for the public to hate. So they basically try to make it seem like so and so hates Jews even though Jews are poor and wear cardboard shoes. Sure, some of these people may really hate Jews, and history shows that most of those neo-nazi groups were run by the FBI.

It's crazy but I'm just stating the facts. I'd love for you to set the record straight if you could.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

The problem is...you are a Jew.
Whoa! What was that?

How about I label you a Liberal, instead of a Jew? Would you feel better being called a Liberal? How about a Liberal Jew?
Or, a Conservative Jew?
Let's say you are a Catholic Priest, and you have been asked to check in on some middle school boys that are camping out? Would you feel uncomfortable based upon...perceptions?
Don't wear your Muslim on your shirt sleeve, but you can't hide it in Israel.
I once knew a Wiccan family, but sometimes it is really not healthy being Wiccan. I hope they find a new home.
Was it the Catharians that were completely wiped out? I know it wasn't the Jews.

Woe is me. My daddy died when I was five, but I had no label. I was made fun of because I had no label. I was poorer than the Blacks, so they didn't pick on me. I was Superman because I was white, and my Black friend was Batman because he appeared black. I recall that we had fun....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykey420

Did you read the OP covering your point, obviously you either failed to read, understand or don't want to but its the truth. Jews were kicked out of many countries not because they did anything wrong but because of the greed of the rulers who stole their wealth when they were due to pay back their debts! If you actually studied this part of history you would see that the Ruling Royals and Catholic Church borrowed money from the Jews to pay for their Crusades and then kicked out the Jews, relieving them of their homes and remaining wealth when the time came to repay their debts.

The Jews were not the only money lenders were they? The Knights Templars also had a flourishing money lenders business and look what happened when the Catholic Church and King Philip of France were due to repay their debts to them? However, the Knights Templers, like the Jews, also survived to work hard and regain their wealth, the survivors just moved to Switzerland and became the Swiss Banks. The Swiss Flag - remind you of anything a Templar would wear on his chest.

When a local church was asked to repay a debt in Leeds, the local clergy started attacking the Jews and accused them of kidnapping innocent blonde haired, blue eyed christian children and eating their flesh as a Jewish custom, which anyone who was not brainwashed would realise is rubbish, but it worked and many Jews were slaughtered and the church was relieved of having to repay its debt! Money lenders are great when you need their help desperately but they are so evil when they want to be repayed!

How many people here use credit cards I wonder?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Another Jew proclaiming to be a victim of hate... Seriously, some of you people need to shake off your persecution complex. Big deal, some people don't like Jews, why does it bother you that much? I see a lot of hate on this site and its not especially towards the Jews as you put it. You should stop worrying what some people think about Jews and live your life as you see fit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join