It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Z in Freemason Lodge/Meeting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've been to the funeral of a well respected mason in the community, and they wore similar things, some with kilts. The gloves were probably for the pallbearers.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I've been to the funeral of a well respected mason in the community, and they wore similar things, some with kilts. The gloves were probably for the pallbearers.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

You already posted this exact quote. Stop trying to magnify yourself as a "cool" freemason. It's not respected around here.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

it is clearly that you need to know more about freemasonry,
do some research,and you will see the chains gloves,and if you look clearly you can see the mark on paper.
the gloves and rows and colours are ranks.no effence,just wanted to make it clear
all the best.

greetz

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FusionInFL
It looks a bit photo shopped to me.
Look at Jay-Z's skin tone compared to those sitting next to him.
Why is he all bright and shiny and the others are dull?

Sorry but are we looking at the same picture? If anything, I'd say he looks slightly less shiny as compared to those around him. Also, the shadows match nicely which means that if this were a fake, somebody was exceptionally patient for nothing in particular. I mean to me, this is nothing more insidious than a funeral and if he was there paying homage to someone, what precisely is the issue?

Fitz

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
reply to post by 123AZ

Being a MM myself, brother, do not forget the installation of officers which happens yearly, and is open to the public.

Not as an absolute. We just had our Installation and Lodge was called off for a short span to allow the wife of the new Master to enter the lodge room for photos. Given the size and mixture of the group, I'd be surprised if this was anything other than a funeral

Fitz

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

It is astounding that 6 people would star you.

See the uniform? YES? Thats what Masons wear..

And yes, there are black lodges. They're called "prince Hall"

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tyson45

You can never tell nowadays...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

And he looks a little self conscious about it too

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Misterlondon

It is astounding that 6 people would star you.

See the uniform? YES? Thats what Masons wear..

And yes, there are black lodges. They're called "prince Hall"

Just in clarification but Prince Hall is a proper name. In deference to a man who has had a profound influence on the black community, getting his name right seems like a small expectation

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

How did I get his name wrong?

I realize that Prince Hall was a man. But its also a Masonic institution.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

How did I get his name wrong?

I realize that Prince Hall was a man. But its also a Masonic institution.

A niggle on my part. Having a wife who's a literary editor is obviously rubbing off.
That said, the man deserves props for having persevered in moving the craft forward in a circumstance where being black was 2 1/2+ strikes.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I think he was refering to the capitalization of 'Prince'. Most likely not an intended oversight on your part.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
reply to post by dontreally

I think he was refering to the capitalization of 'Prince'. Most likely not an intended oversight on your part.
As opposed to the artist formerly known as Prince Hall…

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

No, not an absolute. But depending on how the grand lodge works in your state, it does allow for women to be in a lodge occupied by masons in ceremonial attire. That's all I was stating.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl

No, not an absolute. But depending on how the grand lodge works in your state, it does allow for women to be in a lodge occupied by masons in ceremonial attire. That's all I was stating.

Not a state but a province. As I said, not all Grand Lodges have the same rules pertaining to Masonic attire outside a Lodge meeting. As has been suggested elsewhere, given the layout of the room and the mixture of Masons and non-Masons, I'd be surprised if the photo wasn't taken in a church and I'd say it's about even money that this is part of a funeral service

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I'm just guessing here, but I think it is a funeral service or something else with Masons in attendance.

edit on 16/6/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

With all the suits, and the fact that there are photographers, I was thinking it is probably an installation ceremony. They happen around Holiday time, and they are open to the public. I've never heard of any photographers taking pictures during an open lodge. It has to be some other type of ceremony.

ETA:
Holy Crap, I thought this was a new thread.

edit on 14-12-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
around here we have 2 seperate lodges

one for whites and there is one for blacks

blacks aren't allowed to step foot in the white lodge in town and vice versa. I was always told all masonic lodges are split

there are white only masonic lodges and black only and the white only thinks they are the real masons

it's a whole bunch of bunk really.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by riv0303

True,but this obviously Photoshoped

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
around here we have 2 seperate lodges

one for whites and there is one for blacks

blacks aren't allowed to step foot in the white lodge in town and vice versa. I was always told all masonic lodges are split
That's a shame. I understand why Prince Hall lodges want to exist independent of those under other Grand Lodges, but where I live, blacks can join regular lodges and whites can join Prince Hall. One of the first lessons of Masonry is that it's the internal, not the external, that qualifies a man to be made a Mason. I only wish some of our older members would remember that lesson and take it to heart.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
blacks aren't allowed to step foot in the white lodge in town and vice versa.

This is not true in New Jersey. We frequently attend each other's lodges.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join