It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please - Technical help needed for older, computer iliterate members.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't have the computer skills to use the above bar which starts with Headline. I want to be able to use the 'link' so I can transfer the relevant parts of an article I am referring to in my post.

Is it possible for some instructions to be put somewhere so that those of us aged comp-iliterates can refer to these instructions. If this is elsewhere please direct me to it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

This has tons of info which you should find helpful

A Guide to BBCode on ATS.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Thank you gps777 for coming to a girl's rescue. Much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

No problem.

Not sure if you ever made an introduction thread,but usually when a member starts one a Mod or member will come along and do a post like THIS which has all the info within the links you`ll ever want or need and too much for an oldy like me to remember.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The tool bar is easier than the code itself for my money. If you hit "ex-text" and pasted in the parts of the article you wanted to use viola ur done,,,

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Thank you iforget very kind.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Thanks again, - the fading memory, its when you dash into a room to get something, arrive finding you have forgotten what it was and then plod out.............. don't you just hate that.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No problem if you're nervous about trying the tool bar play with it here in this thread no one will mind at all.

The two main ones are probably "link" and "ex-text" use link to post the address of the source and ex-text to post what you want from the article. You want to have the text you want to paste in copied before you hit the button. "Image" is just like the "link" button but it lets everyone know that it is for a picture.

One thing that might be a little confusing about "ex-text" is that when you click it the text field that appears looks like it wont hold much text but you can paste about as much as you want into the field and click ok and it will all be there. Keep in mind that we are supposed to only use a few paragraphs at most from external sources in each post. Also that if you really want to see how it will look when posted try hitting preview...
edit on 6/18/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join