It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The REAL Reason NASA Is Ending The Space Shuttle Program?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint
reply to post by UtahRosebud

it's very simple answer ....they have technology way beyond curent space shutle .They just waiting for right moment to show the world ....possible they will use 2012 event to do so. Just my though.

If they do, that will indeed be fascinating to see!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Same reason SETI was shut down. We've made contact and they're on their way.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The solar cycle is heading to a maximum, it's just a quieter maximum than applicable recorded history, (so far). It was expected to be a minimum maximum years ago, there is no mystery or conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Same reason SETI was shut down. We've made contact and they're on their way.

Hello doctor! But you have a point though.
We just jump on the doom boat before we get common sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
I urge you to take a thorough look through this thread, which provides compelling
evidence to indicate the the whole shuttle program, from its inception, was an
enormous deception.

Nasa Shuttle Fakery Deception

This evidence blows me away.
The implications, if true, are vast.

Evidence? Implications? I read through the first page and couldn't help but laugh at the guy. His questions are uneducated, and he could find the answers in Google if he weren't so lazy. Two of his main points are the sky turning black around the shuttle, as viewed from the ground, and the shuttle not launching straight up.
Hmmmm... The sky turns black because that particular view is from a plane that is not on the ground. It is flying at a high altitude and filming the launch. If the OP were to do a simple image search on Google, he might find a picture like this, where the sky is the exact same color as the video he presented as 'evidence'.
As for the angle a few seconds after launch, it takes a lot less energy, even at such an early time in the take-off, for the shuttle to launch at a slightly horizontal angle than completely verticle. It's just simple physics. How 'bout you send that guy over here with the same post, and let people tear him apart.

Originally posted by savageheart
I have often sat and wondered why, if they are going to discontinue the shuttles, why not send at least two up on a trajectory path to the unknown......

Sadly, the shuttles are nothing but orbiters, and are not designed to leave the protection of earth's orbit =\.

Anyways, I believe that the end of the program will be the best thing that has happened to space exploration since we landed on the moon for the first time. Honestly, I don't really mind if the government has other means by which to get to space. All I care about is that the private sector will have an unclassified way to get to space.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I urge you to take a thorough look through this thread, which provides compelling
enormous deception.

That thread is BS.

-Yes the camera is placed in the same spot today.

-The exhaust plumes look identical, because the ignition sequence is the same and the exhaust is directed through the water basin and exit through the concrete structure.

-The Shuttle moves to the right in the film, because the rocket-engines on the orbiter are not parallel to the airframe. They are directed slightly up, which is left on the movie.

-The astronaut doesn't cast a shadow in pic. 2 because the space station is in a different position relative to the sun. The ISS orbits the earth in 90 minutes.

-Docking in space is not that hard. The issue is not the speed of the objects, but the speed of one object relative to a second object.

- The colour of the shuttles heat tiles is because of excessive light. This makes everything a lighter shade.
-Different colours and precision on the ISS. Every camera has it's own mechanical limitations.

and so on and so on. Nothing earth shattering there.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

Originally posted by Saint

it's very simple answer ....they have technology way beyond curent space shutle .They just waiting for right moment to show the world ....possible they will use 2012 event to do so. Just my though.

If they do, that will indeed be fascinating to see!

yeah, just before the comet hits and destroys the Earth, we get to see TPTB leaving Earth in Anti-Gravity Ships paid for by us..

Fascinating for sure.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
My only question is who is going to give up-keep to the International Space Station

@nd line

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
1/2 to 1/3rd of America will be dead by 2020.

They have to end the Space Shuttle because +70 million Baby Boomers need their promised benefits.

No other reason. There's no replacement.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aaa2500

Oh good. I wasn't the only one who saw the faults in his posts

Originally posted by allprowolfy
My only question is who is going to give up-keep to the International Space Station

We're still sending astronauts/supplies to the ISS. Currently, Russians are carrying our astronauts. But in a few years the private sector will be handling the American side of delivery.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Oh what a tangled web we weave,
when we first practice to BELIEVE.
When we are fed on, and grow up on LIES,
LIES become all the easier to swallow and digest.
You owe it to yourself to investigate, and MISTRUST STRANGERS,
known frauds (moon landings hoax) and known with-holders;
especially when it comes down to money.
Not to mind BE,
SOMEDAY I MIGHT SEE A STAR.
FAKERS PARADISE.
HARSH REALITY.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
They lasted a lot longer than they were originally were designed for.

The inflated dollar of today does not buy you what it did back when they were designed and first launched.

Their purpose was to do what they did.
Put the Hubble up and take the components for the ISS up.

The Russians were designing and building and launching the personnel and supply capsules which was the original intent a long time ago.

Everything is taking place as was decided and that includes the need for those vehicles.

Even the Chinese getting in to the space race was decided a long time ago.

We trained a Chinese guy(Qian Xuesen) to be a very good rock scientist and then sent him back to China in 1955 after accusing him of being a spy.

He is the reason the Chinese have a space program today!

It was all planned to allow all nations and nationalities to develop together.

If we all did not work together in some sense we would have had another world war a long time ago.

The space shuttles were ridiculously expensive to maintain and launch.

It was the equivalent of hiring a long haul semi truck to transport one small Styrofoam cup from L.A to New York.

The shuttles were launched many times with NO payload in the cargo bay!

There is nothing left to prove with them.
edit on 26-6-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The US military has all the advanced spacecraft, and now it will only be them.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The space shuttle is old, why waste money building a new space shuttle in five years when everyone else is going up to the same place, use them and spend the money over a twenty year period rather than five years.

Last week (cant remember where I read it) a paper in Britain stated that the sun is going into a no sun spot period (it was described as a mini ice age) two days later it was announced that the sun is going into an increased sun spot period, I found that very strange.

Will try to find the original arcticle
edit on 26-6-2011 by Cambion because: Grammer

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

enormous deception.

I'm checking this out right now. Thanks!!!!
edit on 3-7-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Because it's primitive technology, a front to keep the people distracted while the Military Industrial Complex uses superluminal anti-gravidic space craft to explore not only our Solar System but other Star Systems within our galaxy. What do you think those massive black triangles seen in our skies are, they're man made star ships ?
Why keep wasting cash on the shuttles when so many of us are beginning to wake up to the real deal ?
Anyone old enough to have been around when they went to the moon must have noticed that the technology they're showing us simply hasn't advanced hardly at all in the last 50 years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join