It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

supersonic buissness jets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonine

the only fear for it is that it will be a flop like the concorde,but it was not the right time for the concorde now we are ready for a supersonic commercial aircraft.

who said the concorde was a flop it has generated more money than any other airliner in the world. The only reason it was discontinued was because of the cost of fuel. They should not have the same problem with hyprsonic buisness jets.

I agree, I dont think it was a flop. It wasnt for everyone. It did have its problems but so do all airliners.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Murcielago
I think you meant 767 not 747.

Still an impressive structure nonetheless. The fact that the towers were designed with a 707 in mind, The 767 was full of fuel, traving alot faster and weighted alot more than the 707. The towers stayed up long enough to allow thousads to escape. I saw an interview with the architect, he looks like he will be haunted to the end with the collapse of the towers. Really there was nothing he could have done to predict this or counter it.

One has to wonder, is it practical to design a building to survive a strike from a 500000 lb object traveling at 500 knots? The Towers came close. It was really the fire that doomed them, not the actuall strike in any case

Yeah it was the fire not the impact that took em down, but if they would of had some better fire fighting technics rather then climb the stairs till your there tactic then I believe they would still be there.

Japan has a fire fighting helicopter for there High rise buildings. If any one should of had one of those it should of being New York City.

The building engineer did a good job, the buildings looked good and held togetther for a while but what can ya do, ya win some ya loose some.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join