It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new here, from Bahrain.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
@Lynda101:
thank you, although some relatives have been arrested (8) & some have been murdered (1) & raped (3), I appreciate the gesture.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

AKABH hello and welcome to ATS, enjoy your stay

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm surprised we weren't attacked today, well, not yet at least.

some pleasant news so far:

Labor-Rights Complaint Against Bahrain to Be Reviewed by U.S. Government:
www.aflcio.org...

Zainab al-Khawaja allowed to spend six minutes with her husband Wafu Almajed, who was arrested in April:
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

hello akabh
thank you for the reply. i'll keep an eye out for your thread. i'm quite surprised you got to the site as it seems your country is in lockdown mediawise albeit some footage on the news channel i mentioned earlier. sorry to hear your family has been brutalised, it's disgusting what power does to people and i meditate on a successful outcome against the tyranny you all face.
take care
f

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
@fakedirt:
there was a lot of pressure on the internet between Feb-April & a lot of people were arrested while internet speed was slowed down considerably, later they stopped slowing down the internet to protect their image but they're still arresting people that they can track down, especially on twitter & facebook, the charges are usually bogus.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

hello akabh
regarding the internet and the ability to communicate to people outside of bahrain, i am puzzled to why they restored the flow and yet there is a distinct lack of news and incidents coming out of your country imo.
i suspect that as the country hosts the us naval fleet, it would be quite a difficult task to circumvent all the interested parties in this equation.
are there any blog sites, web sites etc based in bahrain that are up and running and if so could you supply some links?
i get the feeling that there is quite a lockdown in play so as to fragment any consensus amongst your people and also to keep the global community in the dark.
regards f

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
@fakedirt:
the problem is that the government tells the ISPs to block any unpleasant website or blog, creating a false sense of freedom, hell, Bahrain Human Rights website is blocked, I don't know how can you block a human rights website without losing all your credibility.

so basically, twitter & facebook have been the only places where people can share information, & people have been arrested because twitter & facebook usually have personal informations/pictures, this makes tracking those activists easy for the government, but lately the government have been trying to arrest the less popular activists, because they received extreme external criticism when they arrested Nabeel Rajab (Head of Bahrain Human Rights Center), & they released him the same day, so basically, him & Maryam Alkhawaja are the only activists that are safe to communicate on Twitter because they've been popular enough to the external media.

the media have enough power to shake things up, but they haven't been doing much lately.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

Akabh,

First welcome to ATS. You will enjoy it here for the most part ( many different views here ). Second, my father is from that region as well ( Iran ) and I have empathy for your troubles.

Third, regarding internet. I will try to make this as easy as possible.

1. Download TOR & Mozilla ( Firefox ) www.torproject.org... www.mozilla.com...
  2. If TOR is not able to be accessed from where you live, I can provide a list of bridges to hopefully make this accessible bridges.torproject.org...
  3. Use Internet anonymously

Hopefully this helps getting around whatever is being blocked in your area.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
@Dance4Life:
thank you.

I'm actually using Tor, but with IE, that's why I've been able to access a lot of information without any obstacles, even though the internet speed gets considerably slower, I at least enjoy having access to all the information regarding the situation in Bahrain & how the media is reacting world wide.

anyway, I just found an article on the Bahrain Center for Human Rights website giving more in-depth info about how the government is reacting to the people that have been in contact with the outside media.

www.bahrainrights.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
so what are the..?
P F S
W K

I know that P is posts, but I don't know what the rest are.
edit on 18-6-2011 by AKABH because: fixed

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

hello akabh
if you look at saurons welcome post on page 1, it contains links to the instruction manual.
p posts
f flags
s stars
w wats-go with it!
k karma-again go with it.
hope i got it right

regards f

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Welcome, peace & blessings to you and yours.
All of our prayers and well-wishes for you fine folks there.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

what are they for? I checked the links, there's no mention of them.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

flags and stars are given to members from members on the quality of thread and/or replies.
i am not too sure about how the karma and wats are achieved. if you u2u the moderator i am sure they will enlighten you on this.
f

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

thanks, & sorry if I asked too many questions.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

no problem akabh.
how goes it in your country? correct me if i am wrong but i watched a small clip of press.tv a while ago which showed a huge monument being demolished in bahrain (old footage). could you enlighten me on why they did this?
btw hope you are settling in on the site.
regards f

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

if you mean the Pearl, it was the symbol of the revolution, it was where everybody stayed during the protests, they just wanted to crush everybody's hope, they actually arrested a guy for making a cake that looked like the Pearl.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Speak freely speak YOUR truth That is how I learn from you.I am a bit miffed about the Jihadist thing but that isn't necessarily my concern with anyone here.Peace to you and your lands.Welcome to the zoo.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

hello akabh
thanks for enlightening me on the pearl. to arrest someone for making a cake like it is just silly. hope that doesn't carry jail time. i've been checking out your other thread, however, i am limited on broadband allowance so i am unable to watch too many clips.

to 7thcav
i'm not too sure about your reply. maybe it was meant for akabh.
regards fakedirt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join