It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason Why The Republicans Are Responsible For 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No matter what has been said or done about 9/11. There is just one fact that I have not been able to get out of my head. During the Clinton era, there was a relentless pursuit of him. There for a time you couldnt blink without some new thing coming out. The best they could get was lying about an affair, but whatever. anyrate, back to my point...

At one time there were upwards of 200 FBI agents assigned to investigate Clinton. Everything from "Whitewater" to "Monica". If just one of those 200 agents had been in the office taking phone calls from flight schools in Florida, instead of white stains on dresses, there probably wouldnt be 3000 dead Americans in NYC right now. That is plain truth that not one of them will ever admit, but its true.

They were sooo ticked that a democrat had beaten them and so upset that they lost, that they had to get him. Someway, somehow. But what they didnt do is pay attention to what happening around them. The terrorists new this and took advantage of it.

One last thing to note. Why, when appearing in front of the 9/11 commission, would Bush only appear with Cheney. And more importantly, why would they not testify under oath? What would be the reason for someone not to want to testify under oath? Wouldnt be, so they could lie would it? naaaaa...

But hey, Clinton lied to, right? He lied about his affair, and got impeached. Bush lied about weapons and got his war. Doesnt seem right to me.

But, I digress. The blood of 9/11 is indirectly on the republicans hands forever. You guys (both republicans and democrats) were asleep at the wheel. You should have been paying more attention. So in November, when Kerry wins please dont turn the next 8 years into that. Everyone work together, and quit worrying about whos sleeping with whom. Unless its our government and the Saudis...Theres an affair to investigate...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hmm

No matter what has been said or done about 9/11. There is just one fact that I have not been able to get out of my head. During the Clinton era, there was a relentless pursuit of him. There for a time you couldnt blink without some new thing coming out. The best they could get was lying about an affair, but whatever. anyrate, back to my point...

I would like you to read these threads..

Osama bin Laden: missed opportunities

and this quote from another article

After al Qaeda nearly leveled two American embassies in Africa in 1998, Clinton responded militarily, but with two inconsequential cruise-missile attacks. One was against a probably mistaken target in Sudan. The other was against a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan. "We used kid gloves after the embassy bombings," retired Gen. Wayne Downing, former commander of U.S. special forces, told me. "Cruise missiles � that's the coward's way out.

and this quote:

He was, fundamentally, the do-nothing president about terrorism, although he knew � as he tells us now � the grave nature of the threat. It was Bush who could have told Clinton a few things about how to respond to terror in their exit interview, since his instincts were so much sounder. After the al Qaeda attack on the USS Cole in October 2000, Bush as a candidate said that "there must be a consequence." Common sense, right? Not for Clinton. He let the attack go unanswered.

Sudan tried to give Clinton admin

Clinton 'full of regret'

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
The blood of 9/11 is indirectly on the republicans hands forever.

Sublime

Ann Coulter does such a good job of enumerating how 9/11 happened, I will just let her do the talking. You will note that Coulter is quite fair in her assessment, heaping blame upon both Republicans and Democrats.

You guys (both republicans and democrats) were asleep at the wheel.

This is not entirely accurate, but it's pretty close. It is hard to believe that the government never connected the dots with Al Quaeda, especially since many others did, like Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC (Ret.), who was quite vocal in his belief that terror should be treated as acts of war, not criminal acts.

You guys?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

At one time there were upwards of 200 FBI agents assigned to investigate Clinton. Everything from "Whitewater" to "Monica". If just one of those 200 agents had been in the office taking phone calls from flight schools in Florida, instead of white stains on dresses, there probably wouldnt be 3000 dead Americans in NYC right now. That is plain truth that not one of them will ever admit, but its true.

They were sooo ticked that a democrat had beaten them and so upset that they lost, that they had to get him. Someway, somehow. But what they didnt do is pay attention to what happening around them. The terrorists new this and took advantage of it.

One last thing to note. Why, when appearing in front of the 9/11 commission, would Bush only appear with Cheney. And more importantly, why would they not testify under oath? What would be the reason for someone not to want to testify under oath? Wouldnt be, so they could lie would it? naaaaa...

But hey, Clinton lied to, right? He lied about his affair, and got impeached. Bush lied about weapons and got his war. Doesnt seem right to me.

But, I digress. The blood of 9/11 is indirectly on the republicans hands forever. You guys (both republicans and democrats) were asleep at the wheel. You should have been paying more attention. So in November, when Kerry wins please dont turn the next 8 years into that. Everyone work together, and quit worrying about whos sleeping with whom. Unless its our government and the Saudis...Theres an affair to investigate...

I think both democrats and republicans were responsble, and that was proven in the 911 commision. We all should start working together to fight terrorism.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
As the 911 commision pointed out there was enough blame on both sides. To simply place the blame on the Republican party is to ignorant about basic facts of Bin laden and the events of 911. Really now....

President Clinton and his national security team ignored several opportunities to capture Osama bin Laden and his terrorist associates, including one as late as last year.
www.infowars.com...

Clinton had multiple oppurtunites to get Bin laden yet ignored them all. No doubt he was busy putting stains on his interns dresses.

WASHINGTON -- On Oct. 12, 2000, the day of the devastating terrorist attack on the USS Cole, President Clinton's highest-level national security team met to determine what to do. Counter-terrorism chief Richard Clarke wanted to hit Afghanistan, aiming at Osama bin Laden's complex and the terrorist leader himself. But Clarke was all alone. There was no support for a retaliatory strike that, if successful, might have prevented the 9/11 carnage.
www.townhall.com...

Getting the point? The blame is equal. No one side is any more or less quilty than the other. The motto of the board is "Deny Ignorance" Please keep that in mind when you reply. I mean really, if the sun goes Nova in the morning would you blame Bush?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Sublime, please please PLEASE refrain from starting posts like this, as all it does is shows your gross ignorance of fact.

If you are looking for points, try starting a better topic

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

would it? naaaaa...
The blood of 9/11 is indirectly on the republicans hands forever. You guys (both republicans and democrats) were asleep at the wheel.

Besides the fact that these two back to back sentences are perhaps the most contradictory I have read on the board in quite some time, were this post a bungee cord, it would have stretched so far as to bust into a million pieces....

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I guess the idea that the events of 9/11 was the effort of 19 hijackers, and the terrorist organization that supported them would take all the "fun" out of your existence. Political sour grapes are not equal to the blood of thousands, and in the same irresponsible theme you proffer "blame" (as if there were members of the U.S. Government who wanted this to happen) squarely on a Republican Administration (if Gore was President would the blame/responsibility level be the same? And yes, it still would have happened). May I suggest you take to yelling "Fire!" in crowded theaters, there's no ATS points in it, but it does draw less ire.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
America is strange. People get hysterical because Clinton had an extramarital affair with an of-age intern, while Bush and the current congress pass reams of legislation that is essentially corruption and Corporate welfare and no one seems to notice.

Ken Starr wasted 70 million dollars trying unsucessfully to get Clinton. Bill was somewhat occupied with legal battles in the Whitehouse. [It's not like i love Clinton I didn't vote for him his second term]

When you listen to the intelligence failures cited by Sibel Edmonds, [now fired] of the FBI, either this organization is completely incompetent or sick and sinister beyond comprehension. They either couldn't have figured out 9-11 before hand or were complicit in it.

The American public and government are so upside down and inside out it just baffles me.

Time to become a drug addict i guess.

You guys worry about it, i'm done with it.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree completely with Sublime.

Clinton was hounded by accusations and investigations though-out his presidency, while Bush has been given a free ride.

Sure Bush gets a bashing on boards like these, but the machinations of government seem oblivious to the very real, very serious concerns of a large number of Americans, and a large majority of the rest of the world.

There were never any massed world marches against Clinton. It was never the people who were crying for his impeachment. Abroad he was a respected statesman. He was instrumental in the Northern Ireland peace process. He was working successfully towards peace in Palestine. And he was smart too.

He was however undermined from within. Federal agents were used in what was essentially a matter between him and Hilary. There is no such pressure on Bush it would seem..

As for who was to blame for 9/11, I don't think it can be blamed specifically on one political party as such, but given the uncanny coincidences and unusual interests surrounding certain members of the republican party, it's as well to look closely at the roles they have played in Middle East affairs since the cold war..

[edit on 8-8-2004 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
mirthfulme-- yes responsibility lies with the hijackers, but also with lots of other people as well. if our gov was allowed to operate normally during that time, if intel was paid closer attention to, if clinton did not have to waste aprx 6 years on defending himself from this or that it would not have happend.

take this for an example: gays in the military. when clinton was campaigning someone brought that up. bill just brushed it, as he had not really thought about it. gave some non-offense answer t appease everyone. as soon as he was elected though, that was the first thing the republicans started on. and it stayed there for almost a year. "what are you going to do, mr. pres?" everywhere he turned, they were making this into a huge issue. instead of the healthcare, which he ran his campaign on. the republicans just tried to stimie him every which way.

so my point again. republicans--- dont be mad when you loose this november..ok? and if you are, thats ok. but let kerry do his job. just like we did bush.

new topics

top topics

join