It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA “Security Exercise” Covers 3 States, 5000 Miles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by kro32

I agree with you that as unprepared as our government has been for disaster, a little practice isn't gonna hurt them. I live in Ohio and this is the first I've even heard of it. Did a little search and found this:

The exercise was multi-state, multi-county, multi-federal government agencies working together and preparing. This is how we practice and prepare. Some of the targets include industrial plants, pipelines, surface or road assets, including inspections along I-77, which were done in conjunction with the Ohio State Highway Patrol,"

"We will take lessons learned and look at procedures, work with our partners and improve procedures so in the event of a real incident, we profit from these scenarios,"

link: www.newsandsentinel.com...

Let me see if I can express what many of us are thinking.

Yes, the various departments and agencies have been criticized for years (even before 9-11) for not coordinating, and in many cases, refusing to coordinate their emergency-communications spectrum. And interagency information sharing has been even worse; they'd all prefer to receive everyone else's over handing over their own. And exercises similar to the one in question are a logical extension of the new-ish trend toward agency integration and cooperation.

But this is pretty huge. This is of a scope one might find if "some country" were contemplating the logistics and practical aspects of openly declaring martial law.

It's easy to play it off as "Well, what do you expect? They've been talking about this sort of stuff for years!" And if that's all it is, well, great. But if it's something more....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
one amazing thing about this is the money being spent here.

with municipal agencies going broke and not providing even simple services,

it looks like they are diverting the $ to larger agencies.

are these "drills" actually a prelude to what will become the norm ?

maybe a military police force replaces all municipals ?

are they "training" or are they "consolidating" ???

dangerous ..... think about it.

false flags will "seal" the "deal".

and this does have an "Iraq" kind of ring to it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ok I gotta say this again. I *know* John Titor is pretty much a hoax, but I can't help but think back to what he said years ago. He said that these types of things were going to start happening. More home invasions and waco type invasive tactics. So far we've had plenty of those. Looks like more is coming.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Damn. Sounds awfully bad, but who knows?
We're probably just jumping to conclusions about this whole thing, but it never hurts to be prepared.
While I wouldn't say I'm 100% where I'd like to be prepping wise before SHTF, I have some time and so does everyone else.

Be ready! The Feds are coming!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Do you have any additional info related to this topic?
edit on 16-6-2011 by FTD Brat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The only jobs that will exist when SHTF are those in government, you've been sold out, when the time of the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part, you can't even peacefully take part, and you have to put your bodies upon the gears, upon the wheels, upon the levers and all the apparatus and you've got to make it stop, you have to indicate to the people, run it to the people, own it, that if your not free the machine will not be prevented from working at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
What are they preparing for? Massive Terrorism? Cataclysm? This only puts more wood into the fire about the idea that something may be upcoming in this or next decades. This new decade already started with 2011. I'm starting to think these bunkers or underground places are really like preparing for something and this is not paranoid thinking.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
And National Guard will put a gun on your head and will say : "it's for security".
And people will be assignated in camps : "it's for security people".
Military will walk in front of you home : "It's for security people".

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
And National Guard will put a gun on your head and will say : "it's for security".
And people will be assignated in camps : "it's for security people".
Military will walk in front of you home : "It's for security people".

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

and don't forget the other classic;

"its for YOUR protection as well as OURS" !

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hmm.. my only thought to this is that the National Guard troops aren't full timers. They aren't really "conditioned" like the Marines, Army etc. Do you think they would turn on their fellow Americans that easily if something really did go down?

The only thing I can hope is this. America is the most heavily armed population in the world. There are more of "us" than there are of "them". If the SHTF, here's hoping that the good people of this country form up and meet this head on. That was the original intent of militias was it not?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

what are you going to do / say / think when nothing untoward has happened tommorrow ?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

It is not exactly the military we will have to worry about, sure there may be isolated cases of the military abusing the citizens. But, the real crimes will be done by our one and only local law enforcement or other federal agencies, it will not be the military causing the biggest problems. I still say if anything happens, it will be our military coming to the aid of the citizens.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by DerekJR321

It is not exactly the military we will have to worry about, sure there may be isolated cases of the military abusing the citizens. But, the real crimes will be done by our one and only local law enforcement or other federal agencies, it will not be the military causing the biggest problems. I still say if anything happens, it will be our military coming to the aid of the citizens.

you may be right but,

many people think we will be forced to dig our own graves with our own shovels at our own expense !

maybe we are doing this already ?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join