It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis kucinich:Obama can tell it to a judge.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I highly doubt this will go very far.

Posting videos and video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of a video, please post the video or a link to the video, a description of the video's content, and one or two paragraphs offering your own opinion on the video. This will help inspire discussionor collaborative research on your subject.

MINIMAL THREAD
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link
edit on 6/16/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I'm not sure about this not going the distance. I'm seeing both Congress and the White House with diametrically opposed interests here and both camps have dug in deeply enough to where neither can back down anymore without losing serious credibility for any future disputes. If Congress loses this, they have set themselves up to be walked over by Obama and the following Presidents. Neither party can allow that to happen with an eye toward future occupants in the White House. The White House is dedicated to total freedom of action in foreign policy and war, which is exactly what the WPA was passed to put a stop to after Vietnam.

This is going to be interesting. Sunday is the deadline. Tick-Tock!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Does not need congressional approval. Okay so we live in a dictatorship? No its okay I just wanna claify. Lets not have the illusion anymore that we follow the rule of law. And just say there is no more constitution. And president obama is the end all be all. okay..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
kucinich is an opportunist.

his morals did not count for much when it came to the unconstitutional healthcare law

so why should a war matter to him.

we should not be in libya
edit on 16-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
kucinich is an opportunist.

his morals did not count for much when i came to the unconstitutional healthcare law

so why should a war matter to him.

we should not be in libya

Kucinich is an opportunist and Ron Paul is a Hero?

Where is the line drawn?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

paul is consistent his morals dont depend on which way the political winds blow.

give me paul anyday over kucinich

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The congress is correct in its assessment that the President, under the laws of the US has to give an accounting of the use of the US troops. However, they in their grandstanding have jumped the gun. They should have waited until after Sunday to do this, that way they are following the letter of the law, with the intention of bringing in the full weight of the law on their side, to include of closing the purse strings on the US military. Pity they do not realize that they hold that power, and can put the president over a barrel by not funding the US military for any actions that are not authroized.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

She's not reporting, she's defending the white house argument! Anyone that denies that are media is not being controlled by the white house are kidding themselves!

I applaud Dennis Kucinich and the other democrats and republicans for not being partisan and lock step with their parties. We need more of this in both parties! Anyone in congress not backing this should be voted out of office. How many more wars is this country going to get involved in without congressional approval?

It seems like were slowly evolving into a dictatorship. It makes me angry to think that Bush and Obama are able to sacrifice our sons and daughters without getting approval by congress and their constituents.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Where is the line drawn?

If I had to say where it probably would have been when Kucinich got off that plane ride with Obama and voted differently than he said he would.

As far as I know there was no real explanation for him doing so.

SM2

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think it's high time someone put their foot down. Presidents have trampled the constitution for decades, but the present occupant of the white house has trampled more then past presidents. I thought Obama was supposed to be a constitutional scholar and a lawyer? Oh yeah, he was disbarred, for lying wasn't it? Regardless of that, I stand behind congress on this one, we have no interests in Libya that need defending, so why is we are there? Obama needs to learn he is to do serve the people in accordance to our laws and the constitution, not what he or George Soros want him to do. If the judge finds in favor of congress in this one, it is an impeachable offense. Just add it to the ever growing list of reasons to impeach him, or at the very least, not vote for him again.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

All I saw was her trying to get her question answered which he did not. I'm really beginning to wonder if Kucinich is scent marking for 2016. In reality he's just committed political suicide.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
September 10, 2010, President Obama declared:

Section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act, 50 U.S.C. 1622(d), provides for the automatic termination of a national emergency unless, prior to the anniversary date of its declaration, the President publishes in the Federal Register and transmits to the Congress a notice stating that the emergency is to continue in effect beyond the anniversary date. Consistent with this provision, I have sent to the Federal Register the enclosed notice, stating that the emergency declared with respect to the terrorist attacks on the United States of September 11, 2001, is to continue in effect for an additional year.

The terrorist threat that led to the declaration on September 14, 2001, of a national emergency continues. For this reason, I have determined that it is necessary to continue in effect after September 14, 2010, the national emergency with respect to the terrorist threat.
www.whitehouse.gov...

The Washington Times wrote on September 18, 2001:
Simply by proclaiming a national emergency on Friday, President Bush activated some 500 dormant legal provisions, including those allowing him to impose censorship and martial law.
web.archive.org...
Of the 54 National Security Presidential Directives issued by the [George W.] Bush Administration to date, the titles of only about half have been publicly identified. There is descriptive material or actual text in the public domain for only about a third. In other words, there are dozens of undisclosed Presidential directives that define U.S. national security policy and task government agencies, but whose substance is unknown either to the public or, as a rule, to Congress.
It's going to come down to National security and Presidential Directives.The White House will win this bout.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Obama won't be impeached, the very absolute worst thing that could happen to him as president is he won't get voted in again in 2012
edit on 16-6-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

Posting videos and video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of a video, please post the video or a link to the video, a description of the video's content, and one or two paragraphs offering your own opinion on the video. This will help inspire discussionor collaborative research on your subject.

MINIMAL THREAD
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link
edit on 6/16/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

No problem man.I can do as requested.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
Does not need congressional approval. Okay so we live in a dictatorship? No its okay I just wanna claify. Lets not have the illusion anymore that we follow the rule of law. And just say there is no more constitution. And president obama is the end all be all. okay..

U.S. Presidents have used military force well over a hundred times without congress starting from pretty much the very begining of the nation. Even when they have acted with Congressional approval they have done so while saying it was not needed. Why would Obama be any different?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep, constitution, constitution and constitution.....but he sure did a flip when it came to Obamacare. So he must get kickbacks from the healthcare industry and Big Pharma but I'm guessing Haliburton and ABB ignore him when he has his hands out. Regardless at least they are taking a humane side on this one.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Agreed but in the meantime we are still spending Libyan lives and US dollars.
In the end the judge will rule against BarryO and he'll say "oops, sorry"!!
Or BarryO will get his prize and go ahead and pull out ...in the name of good faith...

(Edit)
If these....politicians were so hardcore in knowing that BarryO was going against his powers, why did they not get the ball rolling just as soon as the 60 day mark hit, rather than wait till the 90 day extreme final?
Just theatre is all we are seeing.

edit on 16-6-2011 by g146541 because: to add

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The people in congress must have a short term memory:

www.nytimes.com...

Makes it an easy case against the W.H...

C.I.A. Agents in Libya Aid Airstrikes and Meet Rebels

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

They tried this on Bush, do you think they got anywhere? Obama bowed to the military industrial complex, went ahead and attacked Libya, nothing will come of this, excuse my negativity.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Daedal

She's not reporting, she's defending the white house argument! Anyone that denies that are media is not being controlled by the white house are kidding themselves!

I applaud Dennis Kucinich and the other democrats and republicans for not being partisan and lock step with their parties. We need more of this in both parties! Anyone in congress not backing this should be voted out of office. How many more wars is this country going to get involved in without congressional approval?

It seems like were slowly evolving into a dictatorship. It makes me angry to think that Bush and Obama are able to sacrifice our sons and daughters without getting approval by congress and their constituents.

yep the media is in the same satanic click as the white house and the bakers behind them all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join