It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Beast killed by Teenagers in Panama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I just dont buy the sloth thing and ALL that is needed is full body pic to confirm but its legs are not shown and it doesnt seem to show any hair pores.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Queenicess

Zoologist Jacobo Arauz said it was likely the creature was likely to be a mutation and suggested it could be a form of sloth.

www.metro.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by pazcat

I just dont buy the sloth thing and ALL that is needed is full body pic to confirm but its legs are not shown and it doesnt seem to show any hair pores.

It does still have some hair on it. Look in the upper left corner of the picture, there is still hair on the lower torso.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/092c863f9ffb.jpg[/atsimg]

most of the hair has fallen out due to decomposition (likely from being in water for an extended period of time).

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Zoologist Jacobo Arauz said it was likely the creature was likely to be a mutation and suggested it could be a form of sloth.

Since it's suggested, it must be...

Any confirmation that it is actually a mutated sloth?
edit on 17-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Any confirmation that it is actually a mutated sloth?

Yes.

an autopsy has now revealed that the purported alien was actually a species of sloth that had died and started to decay before the boys' discovery.

Panamanian officials recovered the "alien" four days after the teenagers had thrown it back into the creek.

A biopsy done at the National Environmental Authority of Panama (ANAM) concluded that the creature was a male Bradypus variegates, also known as a three-toed sloth, a common species in Central and South America.

"The sloth had severe signs of trauma on its body, as shown in the necropsy," said Melquiades Ramos, a veterinarian at the ANAM Department of Protected Areas and Wild Lives.

"From the state it is shown in the pictures, we can estimate it had been in the water for about two days before being found."

The body's unearthly appearance is the normal state for a putrefying animal immersed in water, said Maia, of the Niterói Zoo.

That's because water accelerates the loss of fur and gives the dead animal smooth and almost glowing skin, he said.

In addition, bacteria decomposing the body created gases that made the organs swell, adding to the creature's extraordinary appearance.

news.preview.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
looks like E.T. to me.....

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Thank you I see now....

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

yea exactly, the sloith has practically no neck at all, this weird thing has quite a bit of neck.

also, what's with the "few days later" pic with the decayed body ? as if that happens in a few days ?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Hairless sloth. Note the skull structure And the sloth claws on the hand furthest from the camera

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
looks like a pregnant creature hah.
but seriously it looks like fake to me..

ive seen low budget student films make more legitimate props than this.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
That's pretty damn sad if it was just a hairless sloth. Those things are harmless.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cdde923771f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It looks like ET. The face, chubby body, milky skin... what cha think?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The sloth seems about right. A lot of my family hunts and it is amazing how unrecognizable some animals are when they are skinned. The first time I watched a squirrel get turned inside out of its skin it reminded me of the alien that shoots of of the guys stomach in Space Balls.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Not arguing or anything but just curious, but can sloths swim? I wouldn't think so, so i find it kinda weird that a sloth crawled out of the water and started moving towards them maybe it was already dead?
To me at first sight i kinda thought it maybe looked like a turtle with no shell and had maybe been skinned. Anyone else see what I mean? Oh and I know it's been proven and evrything just putting in my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Actually sloths are excellent swimmers, lot faster in water than in general.
Well, maybe not a lot faster, but faster still.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think it's probably a dead decomposing sloth imo

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD
reply to post by doodles40

Actually sloths are excellent swimmers, lot faster in water than in general.
Well, maybe not a lot faster, but faster still.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

Hahahaha wow what a cool video, I never knew that? Tanks dude!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is the umpteenth time I've seen this picture with a new b.s. story.
First someone found it near Plum Island, then this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join