It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood diseases return as parents refuse vaccines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
this is chilling

I support a parents right to not have their kids vaccinated, but I would also support them being denied public education

I don't want to bury my kids because their classmates parents thought it was OK for their kids to be walking typhoid mary's

you want to put my kids at risk, fine, home school yours

I am sorry, it just gets under my skin when I hear a comment like this. Why, oh why, if your child is vaccinated and SAFE from the disease due to the vaccination, would my unvaccinated child pose any threat to yours? Isn't that the reason you vaccinate yours? Because they are now safe?

NO disrespect, just a question. After all, its our choices to vaccinate or not. If you choose to, or not, that's your choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Diseases kill more than vaccines do.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
My great grandparents died of measles 2 days apart in the 1800's.
All of their children were sick and because they had no parents
they were separated and put into orphanages. This was before
the vaccine - there was a epedemic and many died. I recommend
vaccinations for those diseases that we have been vaccinating for.
Do we want the return of Polio - I went to school with children that
had braces on their legs, were in pain and discomfort. Some people
today haven't even heard of polio, that is because the vaccines worked.

If a new vaccine is introduced that we don't know much about
I would suggest a lot of reference work before making a decision
to vaccinate but with the already tried vaccines I recommend we
don't put children or adults at risk.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

You do realize that all of us who are now adults are not longer protected by our childhood vaccines. Basically, we adults are no more protected than an unvaccinated child.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

I can see your concern but what is reported via the mainstream is always suspect. Personally I believe that we were born with the immunity sufficient for overcoming most things. If not, maybe the question is more about altering destiny than about preventing it. Nature has a way of taking care of things for a reason. Mankind however believes a superiority over all things. The other thought is that while one can prevent a case of measles, the outcome of their vaccine is a compromised immune system that will lead to other chronic conditions later on in life.

There is never one simple answer.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
Oh yeah. You, sir, are obviously not one of these "morons". You must have a doctorate in medicine or work for a pharma company because you seem to have quite the expert opinion on vaccines...

No, I do not have that.
Hense why I trust people with more knowledge than myself in areas I lack knowledge.

Same reason why I trust a pilot to fly a plane verses myself whom will try to guess it...
Yes, there is a chance we will crash and burn if he flies a plane I am on, but there is a much greater chance of crash and burn outcomes should I give it a go instead.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Vaccines need to be safer, basically they can't have any adjuvants added to them to stretch the supply because that is where the majority of the problems come from.

But such premium vaccines cost money and only those who are from the wealthier classes can afford to have the best vaccines for their children, the poorer children get the more dangerous (next to free) vaccines that are loaded with crapola.

This is eugenics.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

May I ask what has lead you to believe that poor and wealthy children do not
receive the same vaccine?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I got measles as a baby and survived. The doctors and social workers pushed my parents to vaccinate me for every single thing possible. I spent the majority of my early child hood in the hospital with lung infections and all sorts of other immune issues. As an adult I have the worst immune system, and some health issues.

My sister who did not get one vaccine is healthy, and does not have all of the problems that I have.

I refuse to vaccinate my daughter. She has only been sick twice in her life with a cold. She has never had to take an antibiotic. I'm very lucky but I also attribute this to her healthy immune system that has not been destroyed by vaccines. When she catches something, she's sick for a day or two and it's gone. When I catch something, I might be sick for an entire month. My daughter only goes to the doctor once a year for check ups. Every time, the dr tries to talk me into giving her a flu shot.

There's not enough to convince me that it's necessary to vaccinate. All of the vaccinated children and adults that I know are constantly fighting off something.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
reply to post by Throwback

You do realize that all of us who are now adults are not longer protected by our childhood vaccines. Basically, we adults are no more protected than an unvaccinated child.

Yep. When I had my daughter, the nurse came in with an injection and told me I no longer had immunity to rubella. They were going to give me an MMR. I refused, and so she went to get another nurse to try and strong arm me into taking it. They truly believe in their vaccines but I don't.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by Revolution9

Illnesses such as those you have just stated, IMO, are natural.

So are a lot of diseases. Do you suppose we should just avoid going the dentist when we get tooth decay?

It is my sincere belief that that these illnesses are necessary as part of the development of a child's immune system.

The immune system doesn't really work that way

It is my very sincere belief that some vaccinations are destroying our health and our immune systems.

Which ones? I agree maybe the seasonal flu vaccine is a little over the top unless you are a pensioner.

I had illnesses when a child, measles, etc. I am glad I was able to go through that experience.

Oh yes, I'm sure fever, vomiting and rashes all over your body was a great experience

Many many children have had bad reactions to vaccines. Vaccines have killed. Vaccines have affected pregnant women so when their children are born they have disabilities.

Yes, they probably have. But not getting vaccinated has produced a far greater number of problems.

Do you know what is in the needles? Does the Doctor? Does the nurse? Do they scientists truely know what is in that needle and what consequences it might have?

Common Ingredients in U.S. Licensed Vaccines

I can understand that you might be scared or worried about the contents of vaccines, but a widespread vaccination is a good thing; it provides protection to others unable to be vaccinated:

Babies too young to be vaccinated and people with compromised immune systems, such as those with cancer, are especially vulnerable. They rely on others around them to keep the virus out of circulation, a phenomenon known as "herd immunity," which protects even those who can't be vaccinated, she says.

edit on 16/6/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

I never go to the dentist either (cuz I don't like or trust them, lol)!

Prove to me that the immune system doesn't work that way? I await your reply. I think it does work that way, I am so sure of it I refuse ever to be vaccinated against anything!

Are you calling me a liar? I repeat: I AM GLAD I HAD MEASLES and was not vaccinated. I remember it well. My Grandma kept me in the dark and nursed me through it.

Yes, you think it is a good thing, you are welcome to that. I have too many concerns about it and I don't trust the establishment enough that they will not do a dark one at some point in time.

It is our own choice really. You cannot force me to believe in vaccination and I cannot force you to not believe in it. It is a matter of informed choice for both of us and we just feel differently about it.

Best wishes!
edit on 16-6-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

We have a family friend whose baby died at 2 months old. This happened back in 1998. She went for her first round of immunizations, and was dead by the next morning. The baby was rushed to the hospital when she stopped breathing that evening. They got her going again but by next morning she died in the hosp. They tried to say it was SIDS.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
This is a good thing though
its social darwinism...if people adhere to anti-vaccine psychology, then breed, well...its not like their children are coming from fantastic stock to begin with.

In a world populated with far too many morons, having the kids of morons die through preventable issues seems perfectly acceptable, if not desirable.
If it was the moron parents only who would die as a result of their decision, then yes I'd support such social Darwinism. But it's a little harder to swallow when the innocent children have to die due to the decisions of their moronic parents. The parents will suffer with grief, but the kids shouldn't have to die.

I think we have eradicated the memory of what used to happen before vaccines, after reading the comments in this thread about letting "nature take its course", I don't think people appreciate what that means and what nature actually did before there were vaccines.

All my kids will get the standard childhood vaccines, just like I had mine, though I've never had a flu shot and my kids won't be getting those. I survived the flu, and they will too, but some of that other stuff like polio is just so nasty, I can't imagine why any moronic parent would want to take the risk of their kids getting that.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It's playing russian roulette when you sign a waiver stating you understand that these vaccines can cause injury or death to your child.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Exactly the sort of attitude that is likely to get thousands, if not more, killed of easily preventable diseases. But I suppose Small Pox was obliterated by magical fairies or a sudden stroke of good luck not the small pox vaccine

:bnghd:

As for the OP I have to agree that the anti-vax movement is extremely dangerous. The paranoid irrational scape-goating is unfortunately not likely to stop. Vaccines are to diseases as HAARP is to natural disasters, they are the convenient scapegoat of the frightened, gullible and superstitious.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
250 million peope were infected with the most cancer causing agent there is in the original polio vaccine
mean while when the disease ridden standing water areas were cleaned uo the disease disappeared the graph of which PRECEDES the vaccine.
(like al gores temp chart the CO2 is the SECOND line....)

go ahead take the vaccines
more life for the rest of us.

and there is no such thing as public education..the term is an oxymoron.
like safe vaccine

as Bill Gates maintains
They hope to reduce the population world wide by 15 percent through use of vaccines
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I am sorry, it just gets under my skin when I hear a comment like this. Why, oh why, if your child is vaccinated and SAFE from the disease due to the vaccination, would my unvaccinated child pose any threat to yours? Isn't that the reason you vaccinate yours? Because they are now safe?

NO disrespect, just a question. After all, its our choices to vaccinate or not. If you choose to, or not, that's your choice.
Does this answer your question?

If vaccines work, why does an unvaccinated child pose a risk to a vaccinated one?

This is a legitimate question to ask: if vaccines work in preventing diseases, why do we say that unvaccinated children are a danger to the vaccinated ones? There are many reasons why unvaccinated children pose a risk to vaccinated children. Here I will go over the main ones:

1. There are many children that cannot be vaccinated, for various reasons such as an autoimmune disease, allergies, or simply being too young to have received the vaccine. These children have no protection against the disease. If they are exposed to it through an unvaccinated peer, they are at risk of suffering and/or even dying.
2. Unvaccinated children are protected by the herd immunity created by the vaccinated children. Herd immunity basically means that if enough people are vaccinated it becomes really hard for the disease to find hosts it can survive in and spread. The more children are unvaccinated the greater the risk that herd immunity will fail. If herd immunity fails, all suffer for the reasons described below.
3. Vaccines do not offer 100% immunity towards disease. The efficacy varies; some vaccines offer higher rates of efficacy, some lower. Having received a vaccine doesn’t guarantee that a child will not get sick when exposed to the disease. Vaccines reduce the risk of contracting the disease, if exposed, dramatically, but there will always be a number of children for whom the vaccine will not provide protection. Those children will be at risk, from other unvaccinated children who may contract and spread the disease.

However, the first and foremost children that are being put at risk by the unvaccinated children, are the unvaccinated children themselves. Before they can become a danger to others, they’d have to contract the disease themselves, and that disease could carry with it all kinds of pain and suffering, including in some cases death.
I think #3 is very important, vaccines don't create perfect immunity. So your un-vaccinated child is still putting the vaccinated child more at risk for that reason.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d6d3fcc99c6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Medical fraud revealed in discredited vaccine-autism study

www.theglobeandmail.com...

yeah fraud voodoo
call it what ever you want

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

if the compromised children are protected by the herd why not the un vaccinated children too?

edit on 16-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Unvaccinated children healthier

www.whale.to...
edit on 16-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sort of. I'm sure the parent meant well. Whooping cough is making a comeback too, and as far as I know, they stopped giving that vaccine decades ago because the disease was supposedly irradicated. However, with immigration so high, who is to say it can't spread?

Thing is, those diseases don't kill often nowadays, because of medicine, They just make the person suffer.

So they can't be used for population control.

None of the diseases that allegedly have been invented by the government actually kill people in mass quickly. The only natural disease that does is ebola.

I think people just got hyped up because of that shot they gave all the girls for cervical cancer.

scared people. One bad shot and people just panicked.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join