It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Rosey Cross?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was just watching athe newest Shrek when I happened to notice the Rosey Cross at the end of the movie. Is this just another coincidence or do they (as in the elite) really embed symbolism in childrens movies. If so why? What would this accomplish? Could this just be a Rosicrucian leaving a message to others or where the graphic artists told to place this in the movie.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think they were just trying to commit to a little bit of Neo-Gothic architectural style since the movie is based on mid evil fairy tails. Don't really see anything damning really.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeflight

Symbols are embeded in almost all the media

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Your not gonna notice this unless you are looking for symbolism. And if that's the case you could stare at your carpet long enough and find any images you want.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
so what evil agenda hides behind the rose cross?

the meaning is quite simple, the horizontal planes represents the physical existence, the vertical represents the spiritual world.

the rose is what links both.

so what is exactly wrong with being a rosicrucian?

plus rosicrucian and templar symbology were prevalent in europe in the middle ages, such epoque the film's ambient is based around.

go figure

at least its historically correct to include the rose cross.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I've heard of several other theories, such as the (whole) cross being the physical plane, and the rose being the spiritual; hence the symbolism of the spirit/rose being nailed to the body/cross. The symbolism you claim is in Vodou, where the cross itself is the crossing of the spiritual and physical realms, usually symbolic of Legba, god of the crossroads..

But maybe you are correct, and there is a connection between Rosicrucians and Vodou.

In any case, children's movies often have occult symbols whether intentional or not.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Heck, symbolism. I put all sorts of symbols in my paintings. Just because it causes people to wonder. And because many of these symbols are just common things in our culture now that they've been around for so long.
I don't see some of these things as anything more than this now. Maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Your not gonna notice this unless you are looking for symbolism. And if that's the case you could stare at your carpet long enough and find any images you want.

Exactly, I can see skulls and people on horseback if I stare long enough at the random patterns on the linoleum on the toilet floor, does it mean there's an evil agenda intended for my WC?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
reply to post by thirdeyeflight

Symbols are embeded in almost all the media
Why? What is the purpose?

Actually I noticed without looking it caught my eye. I have studied a bit on the subject but not really indepth. I was just watching a movie with my children. I agree that if you look for something and you focus on it enough you will see it but this was not the case.

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
so what evil agenda hides behind the rose cross?

the meaning is quite simple, the horizontal planes represents the physical existence, the vertical represents the spiritual world.

the rose is what links both.

so what is exactly wrong with being a rosicrucian?

plus rosicrucian and templar symbology were prevalent in europe in the middle ages, such epoque the film's ambient is based around.

go figure

at least its historically correct to include the rose cross.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I truly don't believe that there is a evil agenda behind the Rose Cross, I just found it interesting that it was sucha a huge symbol in the movie, you do catch glympses of it a few times in the movie. I believe there is nothing wrong with being a Rosicrucian, I respect the view that is brought to my life by the Rosicrucian teachings. And maybe you are correct in the fact that they were just trying to stay historically correct maybe that is all that is being done. But I am not convinced.

Originally posted by kyred
Heck, symbolism. I put all sorts of symbols in my paintings. Just because it causes people to wonder. And because many of these symbols are just common things in our culture now that they've been around for so long.
I don't see some of these things as anything more than this now. Maybe I'm wrong.

Wow I like that you were honest on this point. Do you know of other artist such as yourself that just put symbols in paintings or other art to make people wonder? Do the symbols you use have any real meaning to you or do you soley use them because you like the way they look? Thank you for your post I found that quite interesting I look forward to your responce.

Originally posted by curious7

Exactly, I can see skulls and people on horseback if I stare long enough at the random patterns on the linoleum on the toilet floor, does it mean there's an evil agenda intended for my WC?

I agree that you can see thing if you stare at it long enough but like I said before I was not looking just spending some time with my children watching a movie.

I want to thank everyone for there feedback I hope to hear more. Hopefully from someone in the business.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Here is another I saw tonight different shrek movie and this time square and compass.

top topics

join