It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Fuku meltdown hit ground water on June the 13th ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The top of the news in Japan: A cloud of steam envelopes the Fukushima plant mid-night June 13th ...
youtu.be...

The radio activity of rain in Ibaraki, Mito starts rising on the 12th and goes OFF THE CHART on the 13th !!!!!!
atmc.jp...

The Fukushima chart for radioactivity of rain STOPS SHOWING DATA ON THE 12th !!!!!!!!!!!!
atmc.jp...

Ibaraki, Mito is directly south of Fukushima, I hear south is the direction the wind blows this time of year.

I think there is a good chance things a couple days ago have just gone haywire in Fuku !

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the info.

There seems to be so little information on Japan right now.

Has the MSM forgot? or maybe it dont sell as well as Xfactor press!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yes it did.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And there will be a lot more to come.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
wow. good catch! we won't ever be told the true extent of what is going on over there until its too late. i really feel for the people of japan. eventually the island may be uninhabitable.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

I thought if the core burned through and hit the ground water it would cause a huge explosion. If thats the case could it be close to breaking through but hasn't done so yet?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Thanks for posting the RT clip. Im glad some of the truth is getting out. Although its not good.

Do you think they will tell us how bad it is bit by bit? or just try and brush the fact they have ruined a massive chunk of earth under the rug?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Good find. I keep bouncing back and forth from Japan to Nebraska to get updates but they are so far and few/supressed that it's hard to get any real information.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292

I thought if the core burned through and hit the ground water it would cause a huge explosion. If thats the case could it be close to breaking through but hasn't done so yet?

It depends how it hit the water. If dropped into a body the heat would cause a steam explosion, but, if it oozed into it, it would just produce a ton of radioactive steam. And, hopefully in the process it would help cool the ooze.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Glz00

They just saturate you with little bits of news, so when the time comes for some 'bad' news it seems insignificant and doesn't bother people as much.
We can only wait, a few years from now we will see the real damage.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

THANKs, OnlyLove that is another ([load of shrimp on the bar-be] ) SAD SAD story ...

LIKE YOU SAID IT LOOKS LIKE THE CHINA SYNDROME SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALL THE JAPAN SYNDROME ...

This Wall Street Journal article posted June 16th, shows air born levels rising down wind from the Fukushima plant with perfect timing !

Airborne radiation levels are within their average prequake range in most of Japan and at elevated but unalarming levels in some communities in Fukushima prefecture and the areas immediately surrounding it. The big exception is the city of Fukushima, 37 miles from the stricken plant, which on Wednesday had airborne radiation levels of about 1.5 microsieverts per hour, 30 to 40 times the usual average.

For the general public, the government sets a limit of one millisievert a year for exposure to nuclear plants or other man-made sources of radiation. The average person world-wide receives radiation totaling 2.4 millisieverts per year, or 2,400 microsieverts, from all sources— from natural sources to radon, but not from exposure from X-rays and airplane flights, according to Japanese officials.

Akiko Matsuoka, a mother of two girls, lives in Kashiwa, which has higher-than-normal airborne radiation levels of around 0.3 to 0.4 microsieverts per hour, according to city officials, one of the highest in the Tokyo metropolitan region.

I am speechless ...

(Got my speech back -->) I just realized this is probably the beginning of the end for Japan, and while I have never visited them I ALWAYs LOVED THEM for their complex and beautiful culture which I learned about from shows about Japan that they had on TV when I was a kid and from studying agriculture for a year in New Zealand.

From reading the WSJ article to the end it looks like many them will be going down with their ship/Island nation !

I SALUTE YOU BRAVE SOULS OF JAPAN AND ALL THAT YOU WERE, WHICH WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN ...

edit on 16-6-2011 by MACchine because: add out takes

edit on 16-6-2011 by MACchine because: because

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
It depends how it hit the water. If dropped into a body the heat would cause a steam explosion, but, if it oozed into it, it would just produce a ton of radioactive steam. And, hopefully in the process it would help cool the ooze.

Pred...
You're right, it depends on a number of factors.

At Chernobyl they calculated if the meltdown hit the water there was a 10% chance of an explosion, but it wasn't a steam or hydrogen explosion, it was a nuclear explosion, estimated to be 3-5 megatons.

See this video around 3:15:

Chernobyl disaster (Ukraine 1986) part 4 of 10

They mention the possibility of a 3-5 megaton explosion at about 5 minutes. The bomb that destroyed Hiroshima was only about 0.015 megatons. They say the 3-5 megaton explosion would have razed Minsk 300 km away...how far away is Tokyo from the Daiichi reactor site?

At any rate the explosion isn't inevitable, but it's a risk. I think the fact that they didn't try to entomb the reactors at Fukushima makes the risk lower than at Chernobyl. That entombment seals the heat in making it easier to reach problematic temperatures.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

That is scary. Thank you for the post. It is official. No one knows what is melting into the earth but they all know about Lady Gaga's meat dress. It's over. We as a people have either given up, or have been successfully brainwashed for phase 2. Time to rethink.

CJ

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't think it has quite yet. You would see Japan get ripped in half from the explosion because all the reactors fuel would react with each other in the massive steam explosion causing the largest nuclear explosion known to man.

Think it wont? Watch this. topdocumentaryfilms.com...

You will freak when you see how much better the Soviets handled their situation when they had no clue how to handle it in the beginning as it was a first for the world let alone them. Fuka would be much worse now but Japan does nothing that should be done.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Another piece of the deadly puzzle falling into place. Nice thread. The way for people to combat this may be to bring all the world to the table, to solicit and take seriously any and all ideas in the hopes that some nine year old Einstein somewhere will have a short or long term solution to this travesty of human arrogance.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
How bad does it not have to get until people realise this event is not big of a deal for Japan as a whole? How many times do I read that Japan will become uninhabitable? How mush BS must I read on ATS? A 3 megaton atomic explosion has a blast radius of 300km?

In 1961 The Russians tested the largest bomb ever called Tsar Bomba - King of the Bombs with a yield of 50 megatons. The blast radius of total destruction was 13 miles although the shockwave did shatter windows hundreds of miles away.

It would take a bomb with a yield of 100 megatons to incinerate everything within 100 miles and such a bomb has never been made as it needs to be massive. All the big bombs tested in the testing era were gravity bombs (dropped by bombers like B-36). These days the average nuke is a megaton (like the Trident that has 12 warheads of 0.1mt in the missile) but I digress.

I live in Japan and of all teh things to be concerned about, Fukushima is not high on my list.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
How bad does it not have to get until people realise this event is not big of a deal for Japan as a whole? How many times do I read that Japan will become uninhabitable? How mush BS must I read on ATS? A 3 megaton atomic explosion has a blast radius of 300km?

In 1961 The Russians tested the largest bomb ever called Tsar Bomba - King of the Bombs with a yield of 50 megatons. The blast radius of total destruction was 13 miles although the shockwave did shatter windows hundreds of miles away.

It would take a bomb with a yield of 100 megatons to incinerate everything within 100 miles and such a bomb has never been made as it needs to be massive. All the big bombs tested in the testing era were gravity bombs (dropped by bombers like B-36). These days the average nuke is a megaton (like the Trident that has 12 warheads of 0.1mt in the missile) but I digress.

I live in Japan and of all teh things to be concerned about, Fukushima is not high on my list.

Imagine the storage pools going up as a by-product of said explosion? Have no fear?

Eh, to each his own.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You'll need more than a perfect storm to get the fuel rods to react with a nuclear explosion. Highly unlikely.

And an explosion in the megaton scale would not "rip Japan apart", but the amount of radiation released from all the nuclear material at the site would be catastrophic.

I DO think that the Fukushima situation is far worse than described by the Japanese government.. I hope we will get some good info soon.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
No matter what the cause, that much steam coming from the reactor area and the unknown amount of spent fuel scattered about, you can bet on high levels of radio-particulates carried on the winds. Is their info on which reactor this is? Or did I just miss it? any way there are 2 more poised to do what ever this one is doing and this one is far,far too much to just brush off. Maybe the poster in japan is not concerned but this poster down wind in on the Oregon coast is mighty concerned and realizes there ain't a dambed thing I can do about it.
seed
edit on 17-6-2011 by mustard seed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You're video is exaggerating the effects of a 3-5 megaton Nuclear Explosion; That would not Raise Minsk 300kms away that is an absurd Exaggeration

I'm actually surprised you took credence to it

Also the video asserts a 3-5 megaton nuclear radiation dirty bomb would make Europe Uninhabitable as stated in the Video. They are Exaggerating a bit.

But it sure as heck would cause a lot more Cancer in Europe and the surrounding area.

The Tsar bomber YIELD 50 MEGATONS
Tsar Bomber 50MT Yield - Wikipedia- LARGEST NUCLEAR DETONATION EVER

The base of the cloud was 40 kilometres (25 mi) wide. All buildings in the village of Severny (both wooden and brick), located 55 kilometres (34 mi) from ground zero within the Sukhoy Nos test range, were completely destroyed. In districts hundreds of kilometers from ground zero, wooden houses were destroyed, and stone ones lost their roofs, windows and doors; and radio communications were interrupted for almost one hour. One participant in the test saw a bright flash through dark goggles and felt the effects of a thermal pulse even at a distance of 270 kilometres (170 mi). The heat from the explosion could have caused third-degree burns 100 km (62 miles) away from ground zero. A shock wave was observed in the air at Dikson settlement 700 kilometres (430 mi) away; windowpanes were partially broken to distances of 900 kilometres (560 mi). Atmospheric focusing caused blast damage at even greater distances, breaking windows in Norway and Finland.

and radio communications were interrupted for almost one hour. One participant in the test saw a bright flash through dark goggles and felt the effects of a thermal pulse even at a distance of 270 kilometres (170 mi).

I did an Essay on Nuclear Bombs in High school and knew right away a 3-5 megaton doesn't raise a city 300km's away that is an complete and utter exaggeration.

edit on 17-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
¡¡¡ RADIATION KILLS !!!

Is Iodine-131 Killing Babies In Philly?

A researcher says the death rate among babies is up 48 percent since Iodine-131 was found in Philadelphia’s drinking water.

After the explosion at the Fukushima power plant in Japan, radiation circled the globe, all the way to Pennsylvania.

About a month, after the disaster, radiation levels spiked, in our water, at three Philadelphia facilities.

Mangano said radiation combined with higher levels of iodine the EPAQ found in Philadelphia’s water two months ago may be killing young babies here.

Mangano looked at infant death data from the Centers For Disease Control And Prevention.

It shows an average of five infant deaths a week in the five weeks leading up to the fallout in Japan.

Then, for the 10 weeks after Japan, there was an average of 7. 5.

During the same time period, the rate of infant deaths for the whole country jumped just 2.3 percent.

So why the huge disparity?

Mangano points to significant rainfall and iodine.

The EPA data showed the levels in drinking water in Philadelphia were the highest in the country and out of the seven highest readings, five were in Philadelphia.

Mangano also looked at numbers for the same time period dating back six years. They showed a decline in infant deaths until this year.

Also we should point out no autopsy information regarding these infant deaths and radiation was available.

¡¡¡ RADIATION KILLS !!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join