It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this before ???????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
after thinking about it some more, my GUESS as to what you are seeing is following. Seems like you are looking at a crater at the edge of the moon's face. So half of the crater is illuminated by sun, the front rim is sunlit, the central depression is unlit and the back rim is sunlit. Combined with the distortion/waviness caused by Earth's atmosphere, would look like a row of lights above the surface of moon. At the very top of the picture at 3:25 you have a decent example of this in this video www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by youallcrazy

i think you may be onto it there , i was looking tonight and witnessed the same effects you describe , looking at tthe moon pics it seems their is a belt of smaller lighter craters and the debrid around the centre
in that video at the end from 4.oo on you can see 2 of them , is what i am describing...almost central on belt of moon towards the left

edit on 16-6-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
after thinking about it some more, my GUESS as to what you are seeing is following. Seems like you are looking at a crater at the edge of the moon's face. So half of the crater is illuminated by sun, the front rim is sunlit, the central depression is unlit and the back rim is sunlit. Combined with the distortion/waviness caused by Earth's atmosphere, would look like a row of lights above the surface of moon. At the very top of the picture at 3:25 you have a decent example of this in this video www.youtube.com...

I know what your trying to say, But no, not buying that one , but your right, it doe resemble a row of lights, This was somethign a littles different, But who knows, I am going to try and get some picture tonight, if it works out, will stick them up.

Watch the new Documentry Moon rising, very interesting, shows structures all over the place up there.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sorry guys, don't need structures and aliens to explain this one.

Transient lunar phenomena have been noticed from earth for 1000s of years. Lights observed from earth could mean numbers of things.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by amcdermott20

Transient lunar phenomena have been noticed from earth for 1000s of years. Lights observed from earth could mean numbers of things.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is getting more and more commical, Patrick Alfred Caldwell-Moore! Ho come on, if ever there was a guy who works for the system he has got to be it. The archetypal disinformation sales person. We will see if it’s still around tonight, and will post any pics I may get. If I can get some that is, As if it’s one of those transient lunar phenomenon things, it should NOT be around this time. Or at least probably not.

And if it is, and you can't explain it, just saying, you will probably say it's a photoshop stunt or something.

edit on 17-6-2011 by outerlimits because: (no reason given)

HAs anyone seen the new film Moon rising as yet, I thought it was great how HASA has brushed out hundred of pictures of things on the moon, NOW! why they do that, I wonder....

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Ok, as I am a fair stright up sort of person, I am putting this one up, Yes you were right the lights did not appear for the second night, so I am wrong there, well it looks like it anyway, eggy on my face me thinks, hahah can't win them all, but hang on they have turned them out, I don't know, Pictures were crap, so not worth post up, So all in all, it's 10 points to you all and bugger all to me. Oppppps
edit on 18-6-2011 by outerlimits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I use a Celestron C8 and a simple handcam, not mounted on the eyepiece, so that is why its a tad shaky!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by outerlimits

Well that's further proof what you saw is dependent on that particular angle of light from the sun the moon was reflecting through the earth's atmosphere, that was gone the next evening when the angle of light rays were different.

Think about it, if there are any lights on the moon that you could see through a meager scope, wouldn't millions of amateur astronomers have picked up on it yet? Wouldn't observatories around the world with no ties to the MSM you don't believe blast that news around the world? They don't because there simply aren't any lights on the moon would be my first guess.

Do you really think you made an earth shattering discovery that has eluded trained eyes with sensors beyond the human spectrum? Really?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by outerlimits

Originally posted by amcdermott20

en.wikipedia.org...

This is getting more and more commical, Patrick Alfred Caldwell-Moore! Ho come on, if ever there was a guy who works for the system he has got to be it. The archetypal disinformation sales person. We will see if it’s still around tonight, and will post any pics I may get. If I can get some that is, As if it’s one of those transient lunar phenomenon things, it should NOT be around this time. Or at least probably not.

And if it is, and you can't explain it, just saying, you will probably say it's a photoshop stunt or something.

HAs anyone seen the new film Moon rising as yet, I thought it was great how HASA has brushed out hundred of pictures of things on the moon, NOW! why they do that, I wonder....

Don't I wish I was getting paid for my posts here. Anyway, was it still there? Or was I right with my government disinfo?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by outerlimits

You should show some respect Patrick Moore has forgotten more about astronomy than YOU will ever learn! also he has REAL astronomical telescopes!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So, an eyed witness is the poorest evidence of an interpretation of an event, forensic evidence will always trump an eyed witness, in every faction of life that requires some kind of proof to build a case on, except maybe philosophy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join