It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOUR Plan for the Feds False Flag Cyber Attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I just saw Michael Chertoff on Fox Business talking about cyber security and hackers. I think it's blatantly obvious with all the recent hacker news that they are planning a False Flag Cyber Attack and will probably blame it on the Liberty Movement/Ron Paul/Anti-Federal Reserve folks. With that said, I'm trying to formulate a plan to get in contact with my wife when cell phones/text messaging/facebook doesn't work. I'm thinking that they'll take down the electrical grid as well. What's your way of surviving the upcoming cyber attack and communicating with your loved ones?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Taking them in the backyard and lighting the smoker for some bbq.
Don't need the electrical grid for that.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Prowler33

I'm trying to formulate a plan to get in contact with my wife when cell phones/text messaging/facebook doesn't work. I'm thinking that they'll take down the electrical grid as well. What's your way of surviving the upcoming cyber attack and communicating with your loved ones?

I'd probably call them on the phone.

The push that is going on is to restructure and create laws that give more power to prosecuting cybercrimes. That is a far cry from creating a widespread blackout in communications.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Smoke signals.

In reality, the thing to do is have an emergency plan already in place. We have had one for 5 years established with the family.. designated meeting places, places to leave messages, etc. Makes sense to have one for every day things, natural disaster, or etc. For the younger kids we have print outs with different info and things to help them or whomever they are with in the event of emergency. Years ago we got separated during a hurricane .. never again! Another thing is it makes sense to have a neighbor network. WE found this was extremely helpful when th eelectricity ( transport, everything) went out for a little over a week during a freak ice storm one year. Pooling resources is a good option, depending on who you are pooling them with

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not a far cry at all. Heck our new CIA Director is saying that such an attack is coming:

“The next Pearl Harbor we confront could very well be a cyber attack that cripples our power systems, our grid, our security systems, our financial systems, our governmental systems,”-Leon Panetta

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't think it will be that severe. For all we know the false flag already happened with LOLz or whatever their crappy name is. They already have more than enough to bring in net neutrality, what with the Sony hack, PBS, senate website, and now CIA.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prowler33
reply to post by boncho

Not a far cry at all. Heck our new CIA Director is saying that such an attack is coming:

“The next Pearl Harbor we confront could very well be a cyber attack that cripples our power systems, our grid, our security systems, our financial systems, our governmental systems,”-Leon Panetta

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And if you read the rest of the article:

The Obama administration recently unveiled its proposal for global cybersecurity.1 Statements from the Pentagon have also indicated that the government will consider cyberattacks originating from foreign countries to be equivalent to acts of war meriting military response.

There is a reason false flags have little collateral damage. (Where are the nuclear false flags?)

They are talking 'potential threats' which is little more than fear mongering. Followed by a mention of the new cybersecurity bills. If there were to be a digital false flag, expect it not to last long, because the idea is to create support for something, not destroy your own country.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

That is silly,,, they have defaced a few unprotected websites.. People need to learn more about computers and stop freaking out.

..and once again the hackers aren't claiming to be anyone, so it can't be a false flag even.

This is at least the the third post with this exact subject matter in as many days.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Anon = C.I.A = Secret Government project = false flag attack.

Its all one in the same!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

“The next Pearl Harbor we confront could very well be a cyber attack that cripples our power systems, our grid, our security systems, our financial systems, our governmental systems,”

Source

That statement blows me away. To me that statement just seems like such a setup for something coming. How soon could it be? The "attacks" sure have been ramping up lately, that you wonder where they can go from here.
edit on 6/16/2011 by ChachiArcola because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If anyone is a falseflag, it's lulsec. Not anonymous.

And even if their not a false flag, what they're doing is gonna give the government excuse on tougher cyber laws. They're screwing themselves and everyone else over, for what? "Lulz"?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceto

That is silly,,, they have defaced a few unprotected websites.. People need to learn more about computers and stop freaking out.

..and once again the hackers aren't claiming to be anyone, so it can't be a false flag even.

This is at least the the third post with this exact subject matter in as many days.

I wouldn't presume to know exactly what is going on, but I can say that it is more than just defacing websites.

Lulzsec is on a roll. Earlier this month the team broke into the Sony Pictures website and took the personal details of 1 million customers (although Sony later claimed it was closer to 40,000).

Citigroup announced yesterday that information from more than 360,000 of its U.S. credit card accounts was stolen in a cyber attack last month, rather than the 200,000 that were initially disclosed to the public last week.

1a2

Call me crazy, but identity theft is a hot button issue these days...

edit on 16-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have more fear about the random ass hackers that charge 669 dollars on freaking golf clubs until you find out about it. If the government want's to read my saucy texts about business go for it, but it is still a violation of constitutional authority since it violates probable cause, which does give me concern.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

The Obama administration recently unveiled its proposal for global cybersecurity.1 Statements from the Pentagon have also indicated that the government will consider cyberattacks originating from foreign countries to be equivalent to acts of war meriting military response.

Is it just Me or did that bolded text send shivers of foreboding down anyOne else's back?

NWO, what a peach You're preparing to pluck.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Try to prevent myself from going to prison? Just about all of us have at least embedded some videos, ones that may be even questionable to the proposed "law". That's because the false flag would warrant the full swing of the IP ACT, which part includes people who embedded copy written video to do 5 year prison time per vid views by more than 10 people since posted, and I'm sure more depending on how many videos posted X views. The whole embedding part is so so ridiculous esp., when you're not even claiming copy write yourself. Who will even judge some of the videos as to what violates the law?

If it comes down to that i need to prepare my family and myself for what may come. Make sure they will be okay, for the next 5 years plus.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I suppose will have to stop embedding videos....

Of course, shouldn't the site that allowed the embed be responsible? If there were no embed function... It would happen a lot less.

new topics

top topics

join