It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 17, Terry Jones in Dearborn!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Dearborn, Michigan is the unofficial capital of Muslims in North America, for those who don't know. The last time Pastor Terry Jones (the Quran-burner) went to Dearborn there was a small riot of 500 counter-protesters. This time is a much bigger event, because he's protesting at the Arab-American Festival, with annual 300 thousand expected. It's expected tens of thousands will counter-protest Terry Jones.

I'm not trying to make this a bigger deal than it is. I'm not saying this might be the start of World War 3 or anything like that, but it could be something BIG.

The same day is when Saudi women will protest their driving ban, and drive anyway.

I'm neutral on this subject. I do think it's free speech to burn a book, but at the same time it's rude to rub it in people's faces if it's their holy book. It's not something I would do, even if that book does contain bad stuff, but I suppose someone has a right to burn it if they purchased the book. It would be nice if nothing happens tomorrow, but more than likely there will be a riot, if not all-out chaos.

Or it could be the start of WW3.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings

Or it could be the start of WW3.

You know we live in an absurd world when Wiener's wiener becomes the top topic of the nation when our country and the rest of the world falls apart.

I think WW3 starting this way would be very appropriate.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I wonder if they will protest him peacefully. I don't see this going well, but maybe I'm just a cynic.

/TOA

join