It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious booms ID'd as 'routine' ordnance explosions at Cape Canaveral AFS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Mysterious booms ID'd as 'routine' ordnance explosions at Cape Canaveral AFS

www.floridatoday.com

A mysterious series of booms that woke beachside residents this morning and rattled windows as far away as Merritt Island were likely the result of controlled explosions at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, officials reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What ordinance would they have to explode at the Cape? If it was routine how come none of the residents thought so?

"It may have been a possible atmospheric event like a sonic boom or military activity. "

Perhaps evidence of a secret launch (or landing) of some sort, covered from view by the low clouds. Possibly from the alleged dual space program? Just a thought.

Sorry if this has already been posted, search keeps coming up as missing for me.

www.floridatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-6-2011 by aceto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aceto

Routine?

Is there documentation as to the past occurrences of this? Routine, to me, that would mean that it followed some sort of schedule. Once a week, once a month, twice quarterly...etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Could this be the Aurora secret spy plane ? If its traveling at many times the speed of sound you would get many booms.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64f5df2fe33e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/485edb2fb517.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 16-6-2011 by PheonixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think it may be possible that they are blowing up unexploded beach mines or other hazardous materials left over from previous military eras. There are still mines being blown up every so often on the East cost of the US and a few on the West coast.

Don't take my word for it though. I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PheonixOD

I would think that people living in the area (especially long-time residents) would be familiar with the sound of a sonic-boom, as opposed to an explosion. But hey, you might be right; we are no longer safe to assume that we know everything that flies around our country's skies. Secret military technology could be a potential source of unidentifiable sounds... just as much as unidentified flying object sightings.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I think it may be possible that they are blowing up unexploded beach mines or other hazardous materials left over from previous military eras. There are still mines being blown up every so often on the East cost of the US and a few on the West coast.

Don't take my word for it though. I could be wrong.

that doesn't make much sense, because if that were the case, why would they lie? and why would they make such a racket in the morning? i'm not attacking you, i know you're just throwing it out there, but if the residents say it isn't routine, and the news says it is, i'm betting on something secret going down.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Well...I'm not too familiar with that area or what goes on down there militarily..Aside from Ranger training(which i have NOT been a part of...At least not yet).

Do they test fly aircraft down there? If there a busy AFB in the area?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ordnance would not be routinely used at a base so close to public. Setting off un exploded beach mines is a possibility, but I agree they would have told the public. To me the sonic boom is more likely. If it was the Aurora it would leave a trail of donuts on a rope. So if any one down that saw it please do say something.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

The report says there was low lying cloud on that day so its doubtful that anyone could have seen anything in the sky.
edit on 16-6-2011 by PheonixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PheonixOD

Pheonix
ok thanks for the comment. Is unfortunate, and some what convenient. But oh well.

new topics

top topics

join