learn more

Do moral values survive after the SHTF?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Ultimately, it depends on the perspective, or what side you are on.

If you are well supplied and have what you need, then you could easily say the others are the "bad guys" when attempts are made to remove it from you.

If you are not well supplied and each day is a struggle to feed yourself and you find a stockpile of supplies and try to take them away from the owner, then you are the "bad guy."

It is all perspective, but at the end of the day, it is all survival.

but why does it have to be "taken" Im sure a person that is prepared for something like this will have higher morals and just give what he can afford.
edit on 16-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
People fight over Black Friday, do you think the apocalypse will be any better !?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
People fight over Black Friday, do you think the apocalypse will be any better !?

First off its not going to be an apocalypse, the collapse will just be apart of another human life cycle(Rome ring a bell) yes it will be bad but what does that have to do with values. The only people fighting on black friday were the greedy bankers anyways. who cares about them. they have no morals

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLordVeack

I completely agree. It will be the survival of the fittest, it won't be the same as it is now.
Morals will go out of the window when your kids are cold and hungry.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

but why does it have to be "taken" Im sure a person that is prepared for something like this will have higher morals and just give what he can afford.

I am in no way saying I agree with it, but it is what happens. I am sure there are people out there that would give the shirt off their back, and others that will not give anything away. Things are "taken" because the individual(s) doing the taking think(for whatever reason) that it will not be freely given or traded, so survival instincts say to just take it, or they are just greedy and want it all. People do what they need to do when in stressful situations as self-preservation takes a role higher on the food chain than others.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
well by the sounds of most people here, if stealing and killing will be perfectly acceptable in a time when people should pull together and help one another, i for one believe the human race doesnt deserve to continue to exist. and what will you all be doing when there is nothing left to steal?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyb578
what will you all be doing when there is nothing left to steal?

They havent thought that far. That peace can bring forth universal sharing, as I am sure there would be enough to go around?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I agree.

david.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What if its all a test to see YOUR TRUE SELVES IN ACTION... then the lawlessness will bring fails to many due to their actions. Believe it or not there are many who would try to help out before greed storage and theivery. Carefull ALL. Again what if your being observed from lol above for your TRUE ACTIONS UNDER PRESSURE for selfishness greed evol hatred LOVE.....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyb578
well by the sounds of most people here, if stealing and killing will be perfectly acceptable in a time when people should pull together and help one another, i for one believe the human race doesnt deserve to continue to exist. and what will you all be doing when there is nothing left to steal?

We are all animals, like it or not.

Ever watch wild animals protect and defend their food when they make a kill? Happens all the time, one animal killing another over food and those species are not doomed to failure, but yet no one screams foul play on that. It is the way nature works, survival of the fittest. I do not think that it will be a majority that feels that going around killing each other is the way to survive, that philosophy would indeed lead to the demise of our species, but it will be part of the obstacles we would face. Death, as well as living, is all part of life and survival when we just cannot run down to the local store and pick up what we want. We must learn to look past all these morals society has forced upon us and really look at the reality of the situation. I believe in personal morals, but society morals can piss off. A single person is pretty smart, a group of people are stupid as hell.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Hell no, I'll rape,pillage and burn. After the SHTF there ain't no authority but yourself. Everybody take care of their own.

wow..rape pillage and burn??....well you need to be killed off first when shyt hits the fan,if everyone wants to take care of their own.

Hopefully when that scenerio rolls around...there will be people not afraid to take out those who go about such actions as you claim you will do.

Bam.. your done..gone..no courts to deal with....quite a refreshing thought actually.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Honestly? I will avoid most people. Why? Because of a mentality I see exemplified by revolution fetishists and people who just want chaos so they have an excuse to do the horrible things that they've always wanted to do and get away with. Murder, rape, theft, destruction....So forth and so on.

I, on the other hand, will steer clear of those kinds of activities. I WILL, however, shoot anyone dead engaged in those kinds of activities should they be threatening me, my family, or my property. And I won't lose sleep at night over it either.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Human nature will go to extremes just to survive,or help their loved ones survive. People have an "I need more" mentality when things are normal....you can imagine the hoarding type mindset of some people.

People are also kind,and willing to help, when they know the feeling of despair...but if it means they go without..it might not seem so wise to help.

I don't even really want to think about the levels that human nature could sink to in times of desperation...it seems bad enough what levels that exist already .

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I, on the other hand, will steer clear of those kinds of activities. I WILL, however, shoot anyone dead engaged in those kinds of activities should they be threatening me, my family, or my property. And I won't lose sleep at night over it either.

*applause* Thank you for showing some morality, as well as some courage to fight it. The best chances of survival in a good way, are banding together with respect for each other, fair mindedness,and a sincere effort to help any way you can.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hell no, I'll rape,pillage and burn. After the SHTF there ain't no authority but yourself. Everybody take care of their own.

So if you think this kind of stuff is necessary to your survival...How does RAPE fit into that you damned psycho?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I know...it's quite sickening to see people like this but on the upside, like someone stated, people like that will HOPEFULLY be the first to go

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Lets just say morals and values will not only survive but will thrive. In a time of national emergencies injustices will be dealt with swiftly by the good American citizens who will band together and work as a team to 'clean up the fan'. And if the good people need assistance keeping the peace, your military has already sworn an oath to protect you and this country so there won't be any issues. In such situations my rules of engagement will surely be adjusted to ensure this will be the case.

Yes morals and values will triumph.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

i understand what you mean but we are not just animals. we are very much different to animals as we are clearly more advanced than animals we should be able to tell the difference between right and wrong. i do agree with an above poster that i would kill to protect my family and loved ones if they are being threatened with murder.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Honestly? I will avoid most people. Why? Because of a mentality I see exemplified by revolution fetishists and people who just want chaos so they have an excuse to do the horrible things that they've always wanted to do and get away with. Murder, rape, theft, destruction....So forth and so on.

Im like you, ill stay away from people but when i see rape, theft, murder, that will push me to take action and do what i can to stop it and save who i can. Once the scum is dead, pull them togeather in a pile and light it on fire, let god sourt them out.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Another good topic would be what to do with cannibals. Do you feel sorry for them? Would you be sickened by them? I for one would not tolerate cannibalism. I could never kill someone to eat them. I guess you would have to deal with them like looters

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join