It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign countries suing Georgia for their anti-illegal immigration bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Seriously, what the hell? Who the hell do these foreign countries think they are? They are trying to dictate bills in the US now?

Whether you agree or not with the bill, you really want FOREIGN COUNTRIES having a hand in what can and cannot be law in the US?

Mexico, other countries join Ga. immigration suit

Mexico and 10 other countries have joined the legal fight against Georgia's tough new immigration law, warning that the strict crackdown could jeopardize close ties between the U.S. and its Latin American neighbors.

Georgia's law, known as HB 87, would allow law enforcement to check the immigration status of a suspect who cannot provide identification and empowers them to turn over anyone found to be in the country illegally to federal authorities. It also adds new penalties for those convicted of harboring illegal immigrants and presenting false documents when applying for a job.

That's a very dangerous precedent if they succeed.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Foreign countries should have no say what happens within the US borders. Period. If this litigation goes through and is given Due Process, then our government has failed and should immediatly be revolted against and replaced in accordance to our Constitution!
edit on 16-6-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hrmmm... The law is making a big presumption that INS would actually do anything with the illegals they turned over to them.

If it was me. I'd put all the illegals on a bus and drop them off at the front gate of the white house.
And keep on doing it until someone noticed and or did something to actually take care of illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
HAHAHA

Oh the irony, the US has been telling the world how to run its business for how long now?

Looks like you guys are getting a taste of your own medicine

Shame its on this issue though as I think Illegals everywhere should be sent back, 90% of them are economic migrants anyway,

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Perhaps these leaders recognize that the crackdown on illegal immigration will mean that they actually have to make positive changes in their own country. It is the thought that they can no longer say "well its crap here but go to the US if you don't like it" which has caused them to panic and start this ridiculous legal posturing.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
These other countries can dive into an empty pool from the high dive.

Thats all I have to say about that.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't it make more sense to go after the employers who hire the illegals?

Then they wouldn't have to deal with the feds, and there would be no justification for a lawsuit.

This sounds like a phony attempt to go after illegals, when the employers are the real crooks.

Oh yeah, when 90% of your employees can't speak English, the claim that the employer didn't know is ridiculous. That is the lamest excuse to justify a crime that exists. You can always claim ignorance.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If I was the Governor of Georgia, I would send my legal team to file a counter-suit against those countries as they have stricter immigration laws than we do. And the business card handed to them afterwards would be.

Call a Waaaaambulance. 555-WAAA

Face to face, I would tell them to go pound salt.

edit on 16-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Mexico nets 10% of its national income from illegals sending money back home. It even exceeds their agriculture income.
Why would they not be against stronger American borders?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hmm, lets look at mexicos immigration policies:
Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)

Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)

Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics." (Article 37)

The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander I guess.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
yeah who do they think they are.

think about it those countries includeing mexico,argentina,brazil etc are suing over their nationals right to come here ILLEGALLY and steal work from americans and send money back to their countries.

thats what its all about they are mad they arent gonna get their cut so they are suing to make sure they do get it.

wish i would be the judge i would lock em all up for aiding and abdetting criminal activity here in the us.

because thats what it is.

come one just one judge to lock all their lawyers up in club gitmo!!!!!

mwhaaaa im evil and the stupidity as that lawsuit deserves an action to make them think twice.

but considering who the attorney general is and who we have as president they will probably win.

we live in the united sad pathetic states of america.

when illegals can sue and win(and they have) and foreign countries can sue and more than likely win.

i use to be a proud american andf every day the news makes me regret ever being born one.
edit on 16-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I guess we should be thankful that other countries are seeking to go thru legal channels rather than sending troops, drones, covert agents, mercenaries, bunker busters, waterboarding and torture and economic sanctions like the US is fond of doing to perceived or manufactured enemies.

I'm proud to be an American too and I also believe that immigration policy needs drastic revision.

edit on 16-6-2011 by whaaa because: hi ya

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
HAHAHA

Oh the irony, the US has been telling the world how to run its business for how long now?

I was about to say that, when the US tells other countries what to do or forces them to have whatever system it wants for the benefit of it (USA), its ok, but when other countries tell the US how it should treat (w/o racism) their fellow people they're wrong and the US is right? This bill along with others are written with racism in mind.

I wonder how well the US would do in the stupid wars it makes without the help of NATO... it would have an ugly ending as it happened in Vietnam.

Believe me, if things are bad for the economy in the U.S, the LAST thing you want is kick out the people who work at farms for little AND worsen ties between the U.S. and its Latin American neighbors. Im completely sure you won't go to work on a farm, as well as people who keep complaining about illegals "taking ooourr jobs duuuhr durpah duh" wouldn't work on them either.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Enter Ruin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wait, wait, wait...MEXICO has a problem with the way another country deals with illegal immigrants? That's like the Devil saying, "Whoa, that was evil! I don't think I coulda done that!"

Then again, why not? America, in conjunction with the U.N., has never had a problem telling other countries what to do. Hell the U.N. created an entire country!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Wouldn't it make more sense to go after the employers who hire the illegals?

Then they wouldn't have to deal with the feds, and there would be no justification for a lawsuit.

This sounds like a phony attempt to go after illegals, when the employers are the real crooks.

Oh yeah, when 90% of your employees can't speak English, the claim that the employer didn't know is ridiculous. That is the lamest excuse to justify a crime that exists. You can always claim ignorance.

THIS is it in a nutshell.

In all these news stories about illegal immigrants, it's always about the immigrants and how bad they are. All these news stories are clearly deflecting and ignoring the real problem - which is the employers. Fine them HEAVILY for hiring illegal immigrants.

Otherwise, this problem and the crazy crap like what is going on in Georgia will just continue.

If I were an immigrant from a poor country, I would do the exact same thing the immigrants are doing. I don't blame them at all, it's the employers who are clearly at fault and our government for not acting on that problem.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Foreign nations have no jurisdiction. They need to be told to pound sand.

It's not just employers hiring illegal immigrants that harm the unemployed, it's the presence of illegals that damages the country. They are a huge burden on social services, meaning your taxes must be raised, and service quality goes down for your family when someone gets in an accident and a illegals are in line ahead of you getting their anchor baby delivered or colds treated.

As son of legal immigrants, illegal immigrants hurt everyone.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join