It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trinity ? how is it defined ? ( no debate )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I want to deny ignorance and I want to know about Christianity. I have one simple question that I want to ask from Christians .

Do you believe that the trinity is the highest power and they are defined together as God ?
is there any different between them ?

I just want to know more about religions and I don't mean any disrespect.

I would appreciate clear answers. thank you.
edit on 16/6/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The real trinity are thoughts, emotions, and actions. If you want to know more have a search for Mark Passio.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Urantia Book

Paper 10

The Paradise Trinity

(108.1) 10:0.1 THE Paradise Trinity of eternal Deities facilitates the Father’s escape from personality absolutism. The Trinity perfectly associates the limitless expression of God’s infinite personal will with the absoluteness of Deity. The Eternal Son and the various Sons of divine origin, together with the Conjoint Actor and his universe children, effectively provide for the Father’s liberation from the limitations otherwise inherent in primacy, perfection, changelessness, eternity, universality, absoluteness, and infinity.

(108.2) 10:0.2 The Paradise Trinity effectively provides for the full expression and perfect revelation of the eternal nature of Deity. The Stationary Sons of the Trinity likewise afford a full and perfect revelation of divine justice. The Trinity is Deity unity, and this unity rests eternally upon the absolute foundations of the divine oneness of the three original and co-ordinate and coexistent personalities, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit.

(108.3) 10:0.3 From the present situation on the circle of eternity, looking backward into the endless past, we can discover only one inescapable inevitability in universe affairs, and that is the Paradise Trinity. I deem the Trinity to have been inevitable. As I view the past, present, and future of time, I consider nothing else in all the universe of universes to have been inevitable. The present master universe, viewed in retrospect or in prospect, is unthinkable without the Trinity. Given the Paradise Trinity, we can postulate alternate or even multiple ways of doing all things, but without the Trinity of Father, Son, and Spirit we are unable to conceive how the Infinite could achieve threefold and co-ordinate personalization in the face of the absolute oneness of Deity. No other concept of creation measures up to the Trinity standards of the completeness of the absoluteness inherent in Deity unity coupled with the repleteness of volitional liberation inherent in the threefold personalization of Deity.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

thank you . great point of view. but please tell me about christian trinity.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
5. Functions of the Trinity

(113.2) 10:5.1 The personal Deities have attributes, but it is hardly consistent to speak of the Trinity as having attributes. This association of divine beings may more properly be regarded as having functions, such as justice administration, totality attitudes, co-ordinate action, and cosmic overcontrol. These functions are actively supreme, ultimate, and (within the limits of Deity) absolute as far as all living realities of personality value are concerned.

(113.3) 10:5.2 The functions of the Paradise Trinity are not simply the sum of the Father’s apparent endowment of divinity plus those specialized attributes that are unique in the personal existence of the Son and the Spirit. The Trinity association of the three Paradise Deities results in the evolution, eventuation, and deitization of new meanings, values, powers, and capacities for universal revelation, action, and administration. Living associations, human families, social groups, or the Paradise Trinity are not augmented by mere arithmetical summation. The group potential is always far in excess of the simple sum of the attributes of the component individuals.

(113.4) 10:5.3 The Trinity maintains a unique attitude as the Trinity towards the entire universe of the past, present, and future. And the functions of the Trinity can best be considered in relation to the universe attitudes of the Trinity. Such attitudes are simultaneous and may be multiple concerning any isolated situation or event:

(113.5) 10:5.4 1. Attitude toward the Finite. The maximum self-limitation of the Trinity is its attitude toward the finite. The Trinity is not a person, nor is the Supreme Being an exclusive personalization of the Trinity, but the Supreme is the nearest approach to a power-personality focalization of the Trinity which can be comprehended by finite creatures. Hence the Trinity in relation to the finite is sometimes spoken of as the Trinity of Supremacy.

(113.6) 10:5.5 2. Attitude toward the Absonite. The Paradise Trinity has regard for those levels of existence which are more than finite but less than absolute, and this relationship is sometimes denominated the Trinity of Ultimacy. Neither the Ultimate nor the Supreme are wholly representative of the Paradise Trinity, but in a qualified sense and to their respective levels, each seems to represent the Trinity during the prepersonal eras of experiential-power development.

(113.7) 10:5.6 3. The Absolute Attitude of the Paradise Trinity is in relation to absolute existences and culminates in the action of total Deity.

(113.8) 10:5.7 The Trinity Infinite involves the co-ordinate action of all triunity relationships of the First Source and Center — undeified as well as deified — and hence is very difficult for personalities to grasp. In the contemplation of the Trinity as infinite, do not ignore the seven triunities; thereby certain difficulties of understanding may be avoided, and certain paradoxes may be partially resolved.

(114.1) 10:5.8 But I do not command language which would enable me to convey to the limited human mind the full truth and the eternal significance of the Paradise Trinity and the nature of the never-ending interassociation of the three beings of infinite perfection.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
same thing they just have the dumbed down version

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I want to deny ignorance and I want to know about Christianity. I have one simple question that I want to ask from Christians .

Do you believe that the trinity is the highest power and they are defined together as God ?
is there any different between them ?

When you think about the Christian trinity, look at it like this:
(1) Lord the Father: is the main overseer and creator. When you put this into hierarchy form, Lord the Father is 'the overall highest power'. No one shares his place in the hierarchy.

(2) Lord the Son: is the human extension of the Lord, which he used in a self-sacrificing manner. After the human form of the Lord said, "God, why have you forsaken me", people should have realized 'Lord the Father' is the overall judge, jury, and executioner. Christ's role is still important (salvation), but he does not have the last word.

(3) Lord the Holy Spirit: is the spiritual essence that connects mankind with the Lord. If you need something to compare it with, think about the original "Star Wars" explanation for the force.

"And well you should not! For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us… and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this… [nudging Luke's arm] crude matter! You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock… everywhere! Even between the land and the ship."

―Yoda to Luke (Quoted from: "Empire Strike Back")

One overall Lord God, but three distinct functioning parts.

edit on 6/16/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
One of the more elegant and shortened ways I heard it describe is:

Trinity is likened to water
Water is a solid (ice)
Water(h2o) is a liquid(water)
Water is a gas (vapor)

Each serving a different purpose, but all the same thing at root. 3 different forms of one single thing. each one at a different vibrational level, or frequency I guess.

as an example, that connects with people and their understanding.

Add:
As how it relates overall, using that example.
The representation is the physical aspect of god (ice)
the life giving propertys of god (water)
and the transendal/immaterial aspect (gas) to hit all three areas of the universe.
edit on 16-6-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think of the Trinity more like any three-dimensional object: height, width, and depth. It takes all three to make one object but the three dimensions are distinct and separate. It takes three to make one.

For a detailed Bible study on this, I offer this short essay.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

thank you my friend.
I learned much.
I thought that Christians believe that they have the same power and knowledge. Isn't that true ?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

The Trinity is The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. They are three distinct and seperate entities, but all of YAHWEH.

YAHWEH is The Alpha and Omega, The One with no beginning and no end, Creator of all that is in Eternity. He sent His Son as His Representative. After His Son was crucified and rose again on the third day, He ascended to Heaven and a Helper was sent to the Earth as The Spirit of The Almighty who can be prayed into our souls if we want it. They are all One In The Father of Creation. YAHWEH is The Father, Y'shuah is The Son and The Holy Spirit is the manifestation of The Father's Spirit sent here to the earth.

new topics

top topics

join