It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida Names Zawahiri to Fill Bin Laden's Shoes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Al-Qaida Names Zawahiri to Fill Bin Laden's Shoes

www.wired.com

Forget about your application to be emir of al-Qaida and start looking for a new job. The terror group would like to inform you that the position has officially been filled.

An al-Qaida communique, “Statement Regarding the Succession in the Leadership of Qaida’t al-Jihad,” signed by the group’s “general command” and published on jihadi websites Thursday names Ayman al-Zawahiri as its next leader.

“Since the best of fulfillment for the pious martyrs and the biography of Shaykh Mujahid Usama bin Laden would be to continue on the path of Jihad for the cause of Allah and to sup
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.smh.com.au
news.sky.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Al Zawahiri on the run?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
#2 is now #1...

I wonder if this is good news for al-Zawahiri considering the recent high profile killings of Al Qaida leaders.

His last video that was released around the 8th of June called for a "War on the West", now that he is tapped as the leader will we see his words turn to action?

Or will this just ramp up the hunt to find him, considering the rumors that some rival factions may not have wanted him to take over the leadership role?

Time will tell...

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yet another boogie man we are told we should be scared of. Does anyone really buy this nonsense anymore?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Poor old Adam Gadahn must be so disappointed.

After all the hard work making scary videos as the "American Al Qaida", the top post goes to an old timer instead of the fresh young talent.
Never mind Mr. Pearlman, I mean Gadahn (sorry), maybe if you grow the beard a bit longer you'll stand a chance next time around!

edit on 16-6-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I still think it would have been a better idea to run the election process through a reality TV show with phone-in votes, then people would be able to choose who to be afraid of for the next (x) amount of years. It'd be a true democracy!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Well, if he wasn't on the hit list before...this guy has been around the block a few times already. Besides, the whatever dept of killing and spying that set him up will eventually take him down and replace him...ah yes, the sun rises and sets;until it implodes.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The secret to trick shooting is never throw two 50 cent pieces in the air in front of a crowd.

One is always enough.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I prefer to say that CIA and MOSSAD agents decided to find another puppet that fit the leadership.

please try to find some confidential reference and read more about Al-Qaida . try to read about the age of Al-Qaida and the origin of them.

thank you OP.
edit on 16/6/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I understand the conspiracies surrounding Al Qaeda.. origins etc.. I just tend to think it's somewhere in between the extremes..

more here:

businessweek.com

...Intelligence officials have said that bin Laden, isolated by U.S. efforts to track him, had ceded operational responsibilities to Zawahiri. The U.S. government is offering a $25 million reward for information leading to Zawahiri, who is believed to be hiding in southwestern Pakistan or Afghanistan, according to White House intelligence adviser John Brennan...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes Zawahiri had a better ground game, entered the race early on and had the support of the msm and unions.

On a serious note maybe we should support him filling Bin Laden's shoes....literally...at the bottom of the sea.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This was planned from the start that the famous #2 of al-CIAda would one day replace OBL

they used Bin Laden for the show on TV on the first false flag massacre
now his official sucession mean the second false flag event is approaching
ME is 50% occupied now by western force because of 9/11
Lebanon, Syria and the big country Iran are the main goal..

This OBL operation and fast sucession his not a coincidence

edit on 6/16/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

much appreciated.

I want to give some info that I have.

there was a war between Afghanistan and the USSR. in that period of time a group of Muslims called Wahhabi came to help Afghan people. ( read more about this new branch in Islam and Religion against religion war )
after a while they took over the country and took over the power.

the origin of Wahhabi is in the Pakistan and the major supporter is Saudi Arabia ( Major US ally in the Middle East)

Are you curious , who these religions a birth ?

why there was no Wahhabi more than 300 hundred years ago?

why there was no Protestant before the Renaissance/

IMHO TPTB makes new religions to use it in it's divide and conquer tactic.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

That is in line with my thoughts on this, the US fully supported the fighters as they repelled the USSR from Afghanistan, then the US abandoned those same folks..

It's no surprise that a bitterness blossomed, and a feeling that they had been betrayed by the US..

So along those lines I do see how this group/enemy was created by the US.

here's a piece from the BBC, that tries to analyze this move and compares Bin Ladin to Zawahiri ...

bbc.co.uk

A doctor from a prominent Egyptian family, he has been known for his organisational skills rather than for his inspirational qualities.

In jihadist circles he has neither the charisma nor the dynamic "back-story" of his predecessor, but nonetheless he remains a respected figure.

In one sense then he represents the face of continuity within al-Qaeda. However, it is unlikely to be business as usual for the organisation under his leadership.

For one thing he is not Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that Al-Qaeda (if they really exist as an anti-US terrorist organization, or if they're actually a shadow enemy for us to fear) would announce their new leader to the world...

I mean isn't each cell self-sufficient and self-governing? What's the point of a leader?

As a previous poster said, just a new boogey-man for us to fear and keep the "war on terror" raging.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Al-Q!aida's worldwide announcement:

Dear Imperialist Pig-Dogs,

We, Al-Qaida, the world's most secretive terrorist organization, proudly announce the promotion of Ayman al-Zawahiri to the role of head-terrorist/insurgent. Since coming to our organization many years ago, Ayman has twice been named Mastermind-of-the-year as well as Top-Terror-Dog in 2008 and 2009. TIME magazine once called him "the Scourge of all freedom-lovers worldwide" and he's well regarded within the ranks of the American working group PNAC as "gettin'er done!".

Since we ARE the world's foremost secretive group blamed (but not proven) for events all across the globe, we will not announce when or even where the swearing-in ceremonies will take place, suffice it to say it may or may not be mentioned at a later date by the CIA as a precursor to war.

Please join me in congratulating Ayman to his new role and in the immortal words of his father, "there are those who call me....Tim!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Let me guess, no links again?

al-Qaida seem to make a lot of announcements regarding their plans & leadership online, yet no links to their websites is ever given.

Surely it would be too easy to track the origins of these websites or posters which could be used to round up all the terrorists. But alas, no, this group is given front page news across all the MSM, probably exactly what they would want if they were real.

Whatever happened to reporters backing up news with sources?

There's a new boogeyman in town now, his name and face will be plastered all over the MSM for the next decade to continue the war on the middle-east. When he is "killed" there will be a new boogeyman replace him and the cycle will continue until the whole middle-east is controlled by puppet governments.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me since he was in charge of Islamic Jihad in Egypt, with recent event's there wouldn't be surprised if Al-Qaeda tries to move on to Muslim Brotherhood territory. Here is a few other's to keep your eye on just as an addition: blog.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

I doubt if it would even stop at that point.
We will always need an eternal enemy so that our governments can excuse the ludicrous amount of our tax dollars being spent on the military-industrial complex.

Next set of big-time enemies will be asteroids, since the only weaponry we have not fully exploited yet is orbital weaponry, which of course will have the capability to point down as well...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i hate when im wrong especially when it comes to obama

he is creating new jobs just not here in the states

hmm maybe this is the real reason obama didnt get involved in eypt since zawahiri is egyptian.

for quite a while i bought the official line of the war on terrorism i see why people say ciawqueda and yet i do think its a little bit of both the real deal and opportunism.

confirmation of the supposed bin laden death which i never bought into maybe bin laden just retired and sitting on a beach and drink mai tai's.

i just dont know what to beleive anymore

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
US response...

US vows to hunt down al-Zawahiri

...US officials painted the 59-year-old long-time number two as an "armchair general" with no combat experience, saying he not only lacked charisma and leadership skills but was also a divisive figure who could fracture al-Qaeda.

Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told al-Zawahiri to expect the same treatment meted out to bin Laden, who was killed by US commandos in the dead of night in a May 2 raid on his hideout in Pakistan.

"As we did both seek to capture and kill - and succeed in killing - Bin Laden, we certainly will do the same thing with al-Zawahiri," Mullen said...

and an interesting opinion from India on where Al Qaida may set their nest target..

India could be key target of new al-Qaeda chief

India could be one of several new theatres targeted by al-Qaeda's newly-appointed chief to establish his authority over the jihadist group and its allies, intelligence sources say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join