It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL CANADA! 10,000 People Volunteer to Help Clean up After Vancouver Riot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yesterday, as a Canadian, I was ashamed by the actions of those idiots that took to the streets, rioting, looting and destroying both public and private property and businesses.

Today, some of that lost pride is being restored as 10,000 people have signed up to volunteer in the clean up of the City.
www.bbc.co.uk...

A Facebook event has also been created to help deal with the aftermath of the riot. The page asks for pledges to go into the city centre and help to clean up. More than 10,000 people have signed up to get involved.

Not only that, but people are uploading photos of these criminals so that the World will know that we DO NOT stand for this and that it is unacceptable.

Rioting Canadians exposed online
www.bbc.co.uk...

Concerned Canadians have turned to social media to name and shame people behind the riots in Vancouver. A "riot criminal list" was created on the Tumblr photo blog site to gather images of those claimed to be involved. It gathered video of the ongoing trouble as well as pictures of individuals breaking shop windows, helping to flip cars and attacking riot police. Dozens of pictures were posted within hours of it being set up.
Similar pages on Facebook have attracted thousands of supporters.

I know a lot of people are embarrassed by these actions as a Canadian and of the fact that these actions go in direct opposition to the image that Canada has around the World as a peaceful Nation.

Hang in there Canada...the REAL Canadians are now taking to the streets to show who we REALLY are!

www.globaltvbc.com...

Identify Vancouver rioters: Facebook and Tumblr groups set up.
Vancouver Police Department have put out a call for people with photos and videos of the incidents to hang on to them so they can be used to try and identify people later, and at least two Facebook pages and a Tumblr page has been set up to do just that.

One Facebook page is called Vancouver Riot Pics: Post Your Photos, www.facebook.com... and another is called Report Canucks RIOT Morons. www.facebook.com... The first group already has almost 10,000 people and both are growing rapidly. Another page has also been set up on Tumblr called Vancouver 2011 Riot Criminal List. vancityriotcriminals.tumblr.com...

This is the REAL Canada!

Thank you to all the volunteers!

edit on 16-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sorry to say. It will happen again.

It is not only Canada. It is the whole damn world when it comes to sports.

Remember My team is better than your team.(Not talking about your team, in genereal, sorry I just wanted to clear that up)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d4d5ffcd2d7.jpg[/atsimg]

Remember this is not the first time. It was only seventeen years ago.

Seventeen years after another Game 7 riot in the city, what began as a few random fires and incidents of vandalism by spectators became utter chaos, with looters stealing from local stores and police trying to clear the streets. From QMI:

sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/pos t/Gallery-Shocking-scenes-from-the-Vancouver-Game?urn=nhl-wp7358
edit on 16-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: .(Not talking about your team, in genereal)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
When the Montreal Canadien won the first round 2 yrs ago against Boston
a similar riot happened

Hocker in Canada(especially Montreal) is like a religion to us lol
i cannot imagine if we were in the final game in vancouver place yesterday

and this was only a victory for the first round ..
the difference is .. when we loose .. everyone is pissed and go home sad lol

I found a picture gallery of the Vancouver riot 10 Pictures

looks very nasty
10000 volunteers are now in the streets cleaning up ?? i want some picture .. thats a nice news of unity

S&F

edit on 6/16/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You don't need to be ashamed just because some a##holes decided to use the loss as a way to to destroy and steal personal property. We have the same kind of a##holes in the states! You can't control some people who think they have the right to act like spoiled brats. I hope they catch these idiots, fine them, give them some time in jail to think how stupid their behavior was, and than have them do some hard physical labor work in the community, like maybe cleaning up the city and public restrooms.

I've had many visits to Canada and met some of the friendliest people there! Canada, you're a'ok in my book.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by jude11

You don't need to be ashamed just because some a##holes decided to use the loss as a way to to destroy and steal personal property. We have the same kind of a##holes in the states! You can't control some people who think they have the right to act like spoiled brats. I hope they catch these idiots, fine them, give them some time in jail to think how stupid their behavior was, and than have them do some hard physical labor work in the community, like maybe cleaning up the city and public restrooms.

I've had many visits to Canada and met some of the friendliest people there! Canada, you're a'ok in my book.

Yeah, I guess an A$$ is an A$$...regardless of the borders.

We'll get thru it as always.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So Many Idiots, Not Enough Pepper Spray.

Clearly, people go with the intent to riot.

I would like to see blow ups of all the people who can be seen, and it published. Then people can name the idiots, and hopefully some of it will lead to charges.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
So Many Idiots, Not Enough Pepper Spray.

Clearly, people go with the intent to riot.

I would like to see blow ups of all the people who can be seen, and it published. Then people can name the idiots, and hopefully some of it will lead to charges.

Many of these people will be charged as they were stupid enough to post their own vids online.

Darwin is giggling in his grave today.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There's also a site up at identifyrioters.com.

We will track you all down. Idiots!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hey, here is your conspiracy angle.

If you watch some of the clips, you'll see lots of stupid, some courage, and ....

A few people that show up in multiple clips, where they are in Canucks gear but their jerseys are all perfect. The hats are new. Completely new. You'll also see they have on the same prefectly new and freshly pressed face coverings. You'll also see they are wearing the same white shoes.

They come in, do very precise damage, and then move on. The also appear to have some thick padding on under their jerseys.

You can see an example of them here
around the 2:30 mark. They are in, do damage and move along.

edit on 2011/6/16 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don’t care where you’re from, what color you are, or who you love. A goof is a goof and they breed more goofs who spread around the world and attempt to cloud out the rest. Vancouver will bounce back, the people involved will be exposed and if I was to see one of my friends their (and I wouldn’t, I prefer intelligent people to socialize with). My friends and I wouldn’t let him or her forget it no matter how drunk that Pearson was. An idiot and alcohol = trouble and stupidity.
So if you see someone you know there, causing trouble, don't let him live it down.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Guys covering their faces, and using fire extinguishers. These guys aren't professionals, but they clearly planned on looting.
edit on 2011/6/16 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

top topics

join