It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Mayors To Push For First Anti-War Resolution Since Vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

.S. Mayors To Push For First Anti-War Resolution Since Vietnam

www.huffingtonpost.com

As the Obama administration readies plans for U.S. offices in Afghanistan, it's not just national office-holders who are demanding an expedited drawdown.

On Friday, the U.S. Conference of Mayors will introduce a resolution calling for a quicker end to the war and a speedier withdrawal of troops. If it passes -- a vote will come on Monday -- it will be the first time the body has formally called for an end to an military engagement since Vietnam

"As mayors, we recognize there is an absurdly
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-6-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Mayors do not have as much power as lawmakers sure, however.... if enough mayors do this it can very very much ignite anti-war sentiments are the very core of many cities accross the U.S.

I think that this is great news, great news to say the least
But it needs to make more waves, so spread the news, let as many people know about this.

If hockey fans can rally as much as they did in Vancouver than maybe we can do something even bigger with no property damage and a noble cause for something way more important a sports Game.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

As the Obama administration readies plans for U.S. offices in Afghanistan, it's not just national office-holders who are demanding an expedited drawdown.

Funny, I could have sworn that one of Obama's campaign promises was to end the conflicts in the Middle East and get people out of there, not put more people in.

Gotta love politics.

We need an Anti-Obama Resolution, not just an Anti-War Resolution.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
Funny, I could have sworn that one of Obama's campaign promises was to end the conflicts in the Middle East and get people out of there, not put more people in.

Gotta love politics.

We need an Anti-Obama Resolution, not just an Anti-War Resolution.

I knowwwwwww
I'm reading about how many fans Lupe Fiasco is losing because he spoke the truth about Obama
then Bill O'reilly called him a pinhead and now guess what?
You got a bunch of former Lupe fans siding with O'Reilly????

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The Lupe Fiasco fiasco is indicative of the small minded minions of the false political dichotomy just doing what they are told to do.

One power that mayors have that no congressman has is a finger directly on the pulse of Americans. Maybe not so much in cities like NY. But out here in rural America, we all know our mayors pretty well.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ah beat me to the post.
Anyway while its true that they don't posses a lot of power, its still good to see that there's more bottom-up pressure going on than just the awake people in America. Hopefully this will be the start of a pressure push that begins from the people and eventually ends up pressuring higher-ups like Congress to WAKE THE # UP and start doing their jobs justifiably.

join