It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ash from the volcano Puyehue (Chile) will go around the world

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Just loaded some photos from me and my child in Villa la Angostura

After

[img]
[ /URL] [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/villalaangostura1.jpg/]
[/img]

Look at the same place now

SEEMS THE PARADISE AND HELL DICOTOMY

At least my son could enjoy that beauty for a couple of days
Very sad indeed
edit on 17-6-2011 by N1thNa1ath because: didn`t embed the photos correctly

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is truly incredible... Its crazy to know that there is more to come with the earth changes that are happening at this moment in time.

Whats scary is Yellowstone... That thing blows and the world will be covered many times over -- in volcanic glass shards. See link below

www.yellowstonenationalpark.com...

Hot ash flows are fascinating. Driven by expanding gas, they are really clouds of hot glass shards and pumice plus expanding gas whose turbulence keeps everything flowing like water. But as the gas escapes, the viscosity increases, motion ceases, and the ash settles into a layer more than one hundred feet thick. This deposit is still extremely hot, and as it compresses under its own weight, the sticky glass shards fuse into a welded tuff. The upper part of the ash cools too rapidly to weld and is either unconsolidated or weakly cemented by vapors of escaping gas.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by walkinglucid

Let`s hope THIS doesn`t happen. for all the humankind safe

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

The world has wind currents. Of course it will go around the world. They say statistically you breath something like 20 molecules Abraham Lincoln breathed during his emancipation proclamation.

Still, keep safe in that ash.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
is that the same volcano that caused this ash?
volcanic-ash-covers-argentina-video Wheelbarrows full of ash were pretty creepy but that guy diving in at about 30 seconds in....I would hate to dive in that lake trying to find my way up in the pitch black waters.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kittendaydreamer

yeah my friend it is.

The thing is that the secretary of The Chilean National Minning and Geology Service stated it could go erupting for months and the ashes will be widespread in the globe due to this increasing intensity in the volcano activity since the las tuesday.

it is already in read alert in Villa la Angostura: Disaster zone stated by the local government and emergency zone declared till end of the year as a request submitted by the local Mayor of the city with no approval yet.

They run out of water
They run out of food
they have 35% of the electric network in service
the roads are closed
30% of the people did leave the place already and more coming
the ones that got out in time where the only ones that could left till now
Many people don`t have enough resources to leave

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Hmm interestingly, here in New Zealand we've had international air flights canceled due to all this since it started and the last two nights have been what id class as 'Real Cold' sure its winter here and winter in my area is pretty damn cold without getting anything like snow but last night was noticeably colder than the last few days and most nights since winter started and today its really really crisp (it is overcast today and last night was crystal clear so that might account for it, although we've had similar days in the last few weeks and it was not at all this cold).

Up until this volcano going off it was quite a mild winter, I wonder if even a minor amount of ash particles in the atmosphere make a rather noticeable temperature drop. To soon to tell, but it doesnt seem as it should be to me personally.

I dont see how this could effect the entire world though, since I thought the earth had rather distinct north and south regions concerning weather the ash at most will stick around covering the southern hemisphere.

i'll second that as well, we have had an incredibly mild winter up until a matter of two or three days ago, temperatures here in the southwest of NZ have dropped in a big way. today is dawning bloody cold again, time to put more coal and wood on the fire i think.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331

i dont think its that bad, the WORST i could see hapening with my knowlage of geology is that a plate will eventualy slide under the volcanoe if it gets that bad, just making a big lava wave and a new Yellowstone park but most likely 3x the size.

Are you sure about this..cause I am gonna start packing.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
dunno if anyone posted this already out here is the actual footage of eruption pattern past 2wks(?)...

www.youtube.com...

so that stream of ash will go around all the world?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hi, ATSer from La Plata (50 Km south of city of Buenos Aires) here.
Although this has been causing lots of trouble, is hard to measure the REAL impact, with all the MSM nonsense spreading panic everywhere... Here we didn't have THAT much of ash, we had some but nearly not as much as Bs. As. which could indicate that the main column is quite "compact" (probably not the right term).
Her,e near the "Rio de la Plata" river, the hardest thing was the closure of both airports (Airports of Ezeiza and J. Newbery) which are the main aereal "entry points" for our Country, now most traffic is being redirected to other Airports, most of which are hundreds of kilometers away from the Capital... And with the American Cup (fútbol/soccer) coming close next month, this could turn out to be quite the complication for the delegations that need to get from one stadium to another (which can be more than a thousand kilometers away)...

For now, health issues are not widespread, mostly affecting those with pre-existing pulmonar affections...

But, we still don't know how this will fold out, things could just cool down or start up again even worse.
I'll try to give updates to complement what my fellow Argentinians are posting.

Peace and Pis
Drakus.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Oh, and seeing the disasters around the world....
I'll take volcanic ash over nuclear fallout every single time

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Have a look at picture number 8, just above the trees on the right hand side, what is that, clouds ? seems like black balls

pics
edit on 18-6-2011 by chrismartin38 because: link

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismartin38

Further up, same side there are more, look like birds (leaving town:lol
To the op : what the minister said should be the headline (in an ideal world) , and you all have our sympathies for certain. 'For months' is the/a critical issue, and no one knows how long: Puyehue will decide. Look out for a potentially very angry lava flow too is what the sources are warning about. Pyroclastic or similar. Imagine the ash off one of those. What is your current plan of action at that your location brother? Are you cleaning it up or is there more on the way?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, good night fell gently here in Buenos Aires, and it's raining like hell, the sky was menacingly gray all day long and at this moment we are under a heavy THUNDERstorm. For 30min+ now the sky is being lit every 10-15 seconds from the lightnings.
I suppose the saturation of ash and dust in the atmosphere could increase static potential to turn a normal storm in a thunder-party...
Besides that, it's lovely around here

Villa La Angostura (near the Andes chain) is practically closed, last news I heard were about the failling of telecomm. systems (the fiber-optic cables and whatnot went down from the weight of the ash).
So people over there are with less than 30% of electricity, all roads closed, up to the knees in ash and now they lost telephones (and probably the net fell too...)... Nice vacations...
That's all for now, then.
See y'all

Drakus.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Drakus can you keep us posted with more news from there? I hope they cope alright.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The scale your talking about would attract the mainstream news.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

que pasa drakus todo bien?

im in Banfield where areyou?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

We are both in Argentina, i am in Buenos Aires and Drakus apparently in La Plata, in Buenos Aires Capital.
Puyehue began throwing magma to the sorroundings of the volcano, so we have to see what happens.

What I posted about the statement made by Enrique Valdivieso, the Chilean expert from the National Service for Geology and Minning of Chile, came true.
The volcano began throwing magma, i still can´t see the dimension of the problem.

Let´s see what happens
edit on 21-6-2011 by N1thNa1ath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
reply to post by ZIPMATT

We are both in Argentina, i am in Buenos Aires and Drakus apparently in La Plata, in Buenos Aires Capital.
Puyehue began throwing magma to the sorroundings of the volcano, so we have to see what happens.

What I posted about the statement made by Enrique Valdivieso, the Chilean expert from the National Service for Geology and Minning of Chile, came true.
The volcano began throwing magma, i still can´t see the dimension of the problem.

Let´s see what happens
edit on 21-6-2011 by N1thNa1ath because: (no reason given)

I was about to post that hehe

First they said "The situation is slowly stabilizing....." and then "Well, the good news is that there's no more ashes, the bad news is that it is now lava/magma"
Ok, so can I chill now or not?

Anyway, today was a pretty normal, regular day here, no ash nor anything else out of the ordinary.

PD: Hola N1thNa1ath, si estás en Banfield estamos cerquita! ¿Pegó mucho ahi la ceniza?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Drakus:Bastante amigo, esta cerca de entrar nuevamente

It is close, the arrival of the ashes that went trough the explotion yesterday are coming in this afternoon to Buenos Aires, and the path of magma i guess is still unknown cause i have no more data to certify this.

un abrazo drakus, i`ll add you as a friend!!
NAMASTE
edit on 22-6-2011 by N1thNa1ath because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join