It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ash from the volcano Puyehue (Chile) will go around the world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

Debries could cover whole world for months? Do you know how poweful that erruption would have to been? Much more powerful than krakatoa. people could hear Krakatoa across the world. Just imagine how powerful this erruption would have to be in order for ash to cover the whole world.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

One "recent" volcano, the Krakatoa at Indonesia (which erupted in 1883) had this global effect:

"Average global temperatures fell by as much as 1.2 degrees Celsius in the year following the eruption. Weather patterns continued to be chaotic for years and temperatures did not return to normal until 1888."

From Wikipedia

This eruption completely destroyed the island, which has grown more than 300m since then. It grows 6.8 meters higher per year!

Cheers,
Jechu

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well, if it DOES cover the earth for months, at least it will give us a break from this Texas heat!
This will also cool down the global warming, for that matter. Everyone stocked up on food?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hmm interestingly, here in New Zealand we've had international air flights canceled due to all this since it started and the last two nights have been what id class as 'Real Cold' sure its winter here and winter in my area is pretty damn cold without getting anything like snow but last night was noticeably colder than the last few days and most nights since winter started and today its really really crisp (it is overcast today and last night was crystal clear so that might account for it, although we've had similar days in the last few weeks and it was not at all this cold).

Up until this volcano going off it was quite a mild winter, I wonder if even a minor amount of ash particles in the atmosphere make a rather noticeable temperature drop. To soon to tell, but it doesnt seem as it should be to me personally.

I dont see how this could effect the entire world though, since I thought the earth had rather distinct north and south regions concerning weather the ash at most will stick around covering the southern hemisphere.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aadcb41b8a6d.jpg[/atsimg]

Wouldn't be surprised looking at this picture. Good heads up....Forecast is "cloudy" skies for the coming weeks

I'll believe it when I see it though. At the same time there isn't much on this planet that is more beautiful than an erupting volcano.
edit on 6/16/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

Yeah and people laugh when John said in Revelation that he saw the sky roll up like a scroll.

People need to wake up and smell what GOD has cooking for them.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It says it travelled through Australia and I am stationed in Melbourne. I did not see any ash clouds pass here, infact two days ago it was sunny with not a cloud in the sky. However certain airlines canceled flights although most took risk assesments and continued to fly. At this stage I don't think that this is internationally catastrophic.

It's sad to see what the volcano has done to cities, people, infastructure and nature, although the volcano itself is nature. Argentina is trully a beautifull place and I was planning to visit sometime in the next 5 years.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The atmosphere is less than 1% of the total mass of the world.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well even before the volcano the scientist were starting to talk about global cooling. This will help. Mind you those countries that suck money out of their citizens for carbon taxes will still be paying well after the earth starts to cool.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well even before the volcano the scientist were starting to talk about global cooling. This will help. Mind you those countries that suck money out of their citizens for carbon taxes will still be paying well after the earth starts to cool.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

So your god is causing all this trouble?

What a prick he is.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by Sky watcher

So your god is causing all this trouble?

What a prick he is.

Just to reaffirm that I am not the one who made the original "God" comment, so don't mix up my name with that name (I have 2011 after my name)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Badwolf....I love your avatar .gif cat picture. I had a cat named "Mitzy" who looked exactly like your picture. Sadly she's gone now, but your .gif brought back some good memories....although, I never did get to see whether she could file her own claws, that would have been priceless
*S* for you!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

The worst is jet to come according to what is beeing said by the Chilean scientist

www.sernageomin.cl...

i am translating the most important part

this fact linked to the spectral tendences of the tremors to the lower frecuencies, the high tremors intensity and the widespread of the product of these variables just brings up two possible scenarios:
1 the ascencion of a magmatic body with the result of lava
2 the high pressure insede the fracture that may unleash a new explosion

In consecuence it can`t be more clear the danger presented to the vicinities of the piroclastic cloud in the Nilahue River and the contrafuerte river, even river up.

in consecuence the process of eruption is still continuing and is possible that a new process in similar characteristics or worst than the ones that have occured may be presented.

Volcano alert level: RED moderated eruption

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Atmosphere Of Earth- Density And Mass- Wikipedia.

The average mass of the atmosphere is about 5 quadrillion (5×1015) tonnes or 1/1,200,000 the mass of Earth

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Well but you can`t breathe the soil or water, can you?

Tell the people in Villa la Angostura with 30 cms of ashes in the ground about that
They`ll sure disagree
This is consider a disaster zone by the government, and it´s about 600 kilometres or more from Puyehue
this is before

this is after

noticiaya.com...

tell them everything is ok

This people live from tourism cause it is a micro climate of 8 we have in Argentina and was one of the more beautiful places you could go to

Till now

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

what about many eruptions instead of a big one?

What if thrown ashes constantly in an intermitent way'
Could the atmosphere manage it?
Could we?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Cool pics and vid's, especially the before and after of that lake covered in ash. The ash might go around the world but it would be minuscule in effect elsewhere other then near by locations such as that lake. But fear not all you doom and gloom groupies, mother nature has more tricks up her sleeve, some of which will make this look in comparison like an anthill before a mountain.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Thank you it is clear enough
The thing is you cannot breathe the rest of the earth soil and water, just the air in the atmosphere
that`s were it is getting hard

People in some places are getting respiratory disorders and they already run out of water and can`t get supplies because all the roads are closed.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

That is what gaves me the chill
I think this is only part of the beggining

Does it say in the Bible that the water will get black and the skies too?
Some chirstian could tell that, cause i really don`t know
Just coincidence

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

Agreed. Lets hope another Volcanic Eruption like this doesn't happen soon. But eventually it will.
Toba Catastrophe Theory

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join