It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ash from the volcano Puyehue (Chile) will go around the world

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

i see the end of not just earth but this dimention coming upon us...the blast that the first dimention sent to us is starting to fade will will bleed out into the others again...i think this is why we are having so many issues. the stronger forces are bleeding through first.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
hmm, this makes hydroponic food growing sound like a good investment. yes even you can learn how to grow food in hostile environments! it's a field of study that's been widely overlooked, although thoroughly studied for moon base/mars base models.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Yeah man, the thing is this is not slowing down but just getting a quicker pace.
the question is where will it take us?

Too much questions too many answers
Which is the right one?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

My point in posting that was to clarify that ash traveling around the world does not exactly effect the entire planet. Only what is in its path.

It would take a MASSIVE ash plume eruption or several at once to cover the entire planet.

And yes... I'm in awe

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

You may be right but it seems Mom Nature hasn't finished saying what she's got to say.
If a few more other volcanos go off we could be in for a sort of mini mini ice age.
But it definately would effect alot of other day to day things.
I remember when Mt StHelens blew in 1980ish something but city vehicles were swapping out air filters in vehicles on the hourly marks rather than months.
Nasty stuff for sure though.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Can't forget about Africa and what's happening in Ethiopia. I thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am getting conflicted facts from Wikipedia with this volcanic eruption if anyone would mind helping me out here I would be most greatful.

At this Link the chart says this 2011 eruption was an VEI 3 which is comparable to the 2002-03 Mt. Etna eruption. However at this Link the table shows this 2011 Puyehue-Cordon Caulle eruption as a VEI 6 which would be as powerful as the 1883 Krakatoa eruption which lowered the Earth's mean temperature by 2.2*F (1.2*C).

Now if this eruption is a VEI 6 (and scientists are predicting it is only getting more powerful) then this is the worst volcanic eruption since Mt. Pinatubo in 1991.

So can anyone tell me if this is a VEI 3 or a VEI 6 eruption?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Translated ..

The director of the National Service of Geology and Mining of Chile (Sernageomin), Enrique Valdivieso said that the ashes of the volcanic complex will Puyehue-Cordón Caulle around the world as moving "at very high speeds." "They may be traveling around the world, definitely," added the expert.

According to recent data, the Puyehue has lost the stability that had until Monday, with columns of up to five miles off the double registration Tuesday.

The ash ejected from the crater could move for months, since "the higher the ash, the more it spreads." Valdivieso considered difficult to predict how much longer will this affect air traffic. However, what predicts the concentration of gas clouds and pollution in the area will continue for "about two weeks."

"Today the situation has been little more instability. We increased the number of earthquakes than we had yesterday, followed by an average of six earthquakes per hour. It is normal for this type of event," said Valdivieso, CNN quoted by Chile.

It compares the current phenomenon with the eruption of 1960 and claims to be a broken field, known as a failure.

Not fall forward while volcanic activity, the displaced can not return to their homes. "If I had another event with a force could be a danger to surrounding communities," he argues, while clarifies that so far there is flowing lava.

"We believe that the primary could be a material that sheds new fracture at the top of the valley that could be the most dangerous situation," he concludes, according to the newspaper "La Tercera".

Puyehue's ashes have now reached New Zealand and Australia. The Cordillera of Chile - with more than 2,000 volcanoes in the Andes - the second largest concentration of volcanic world, after Indonesia. Between 50 and 60 have erupted once and a half thousand potentially active.

Some other info posted on June 16, 2011

Chilean seismologist Enrique Valdivieso

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a936cb34cf7.png[/atsimg]
edit on 16-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Does the OP have a credible source that backs up the scare-mongering heading?
I think people should be chucked off forums for this sort of thing. Or at least given a temporary ban. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I really had no idea of this
Though if a senior scientist responding to government in Chile is stating that this wouls last months, i guess it is coming harder for all of us.
by the way the popularity of Pineda in Chile went down with the manage of the Earthquake, guess they don´t even want a political problem with local people also by managing this without a real meassure of possible damage so they would certainly be travelling the right path by telling people the reality of the situation.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Credible source?

Where are you living in?
Mars perhaps?

give me a brake

You only have to say science is s+++just to blame the scientist for bringing the bad news
Perhaps if a grey alien told me this, you would certainly believe it.

www.lavozlibre.com...

guess you should learn a bit of spanish so you an see for yourself that the statement is not invented by grey alines of the zeta retimyass pleiades near orion- nibiruan belt

my god this things make me wonder why i lose time posting

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

thanks for the time invested in translating this
Really appreciated

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

Yeah sure that´s right

i guess if we make a summum of the volcanoes this could be getting hard to pass trough.
Time will tell

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
C'mon, we can't take valuable news time for this dribble, we have WEINERGATE to attend to!
And HUMA is finally home! What will she do??? oh my!!!

edit on 16-6-2011 by Scoriada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

This eruption is at mid southern latitudes and cannot physically affect the northern Hemisphere. So clearly it cannot have a global effect.

It may affect the southern hemisphere much as Sarychev did in the northern hemisphere in 2009 - some have suggested (though there is no direct evidence to support this) that it may have contributed to the subsequent cool summer in N America and Europe that year.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

ehhh???

second line
what can i spect with that avatar...pff
edit on 16-6-2011 by N1thNa1ath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

thank god you are right
but if this scalates in magnitud what could happen?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
but if this escalates in magnitude what could happen?

no food or water that is consumable.
crops fail, extinction of various species
just to name a few. But it would have
to last a very long time.

Ash may also hinder Solar Power generators
for some locations.

Also, the air might not be breathable.
Wear a mask filter.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

[size=24]PREDICTION

I never make any normally on ATS. For this thread I will make an exception. None of the things on Boondock's post above will drastically effect "the whole world" or whatever the OP suggests.

Sorry, but I can't help thinking this is a bit of an overreaction. It might hit crop yield in some poor countries though - which could lead to famine.

edit on 16/6/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/6/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
To build on what Dalke had posted (picture), I am adding this YouTube clip showing NASA's view on the volcano:

You can see how the smoke is mixing in with the clouds and heading eastward to other countries. Soon it will be mixing in our skies, and hopefully it will not get too hazy. I would be concerned about respiratory problems developing for those who are exposed to light ash smoke for prolonged periods.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join