It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ash from the volcano Puyehue (Chile) will go around the world

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath

THIS IS HUGE!!!! PUYEHUE debris will block out the entire world for months!!!!!

www.europapress.es

The ash clouds and rocks emitted form the Puyehue-Cordon Caulle volcano would compromise the entire world round, says Enrique Valdivieso, the Chilean expert from the National Service for Geology and Minning of Chile.
The debris is suppossed to travel the whole world around for at least a couple of months, it already hapened trough Australia, New Zealand and of course Southamerica, covering a wide range of territory.
A video shot in 15/06 just at one kilometer from the eruption here by the TVN
(visit the link for the full news article)

The word would (highlighted in red in your quote) looks suspiciously like a typo. Read it as could and then the English is correct and the passage makes more sense.

edit on 16/6/11 by Pimander because: Ironically - a typo

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
reply to post by vermonster

I guess it will be parcial but he assured it would travel the entire world
look at the places it has yet arrived and because of the winds they may travel farther than that

I think this is analogous to the Japan Earthquake. Yeah, sure, it made the whole "planet ring like a bell", but at such a low level world-wide, most didn't even feel it.

Likewise, with this. Yeah, the ash will circle the world. But, at such low levels it won't even be visible for most.
edit on 16-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wait for the armchair experts to tell us nothing is wrong

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow, I was thinking of the Southern Hemisphere just yesterday, of course my thoughts were more of "how can I escape all of this radiation?", but now, I guess I will just sit here and glow in amazement! Simply wow on that picture of the volcano. How could anyone run from something like that? What would Yellowstone look like?

I am so at a loss as to what to say to folks down there, should we all move to Antarctica?

In the future they will look back and say, "they never had a chance", meaning all of us, Northern and Southern!

Clearly in my mind I am certain the Earth is responding to all of us and one day we may discover that by being peaceful we can create a calming effect enough to help, but until then it will continue to get worse and worse as we misbehave more and more.

I wonder if this puts a damper on all the Elites and their Argentinian Mountain Retreats; Bush, Royals, etc? I bet the planes are beginning to fly into Denver! Mile high and under ground!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really don't think the sun is going to be blocked out for months on earth....sorry.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

Here is another video of the lake I found on the CBS website:

From that page:

(CBS) - The Puyehue volcano in Chile has been erupting for nearly two weeks, spewing ash across the horizon and grounding flights as far away as New Zealand. The amount of ash in the atmosphere will likely turn the moon blood-red in Australia. It's hard to comprehend just how much junk this volcano has tossed into the sky. Unless, that is, you discover a lake that has been turned into quicksand. Just such a lake exists in Argentina. Take a look.

Nahuel Huapi Lake normally looks lovely. But thanks to Puyehue, it's turned into something out of "The Road." Nahuel Huapi is roughly one hundred miles from the volcano.The man in the video, a professional diver, came out of there safely. Hopefully.

CBS News

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

The lake almost brings tears. But vibrations up for good so that others can go low and still get back up.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

i hope this world dosent break before we have a chance to store all of our history and that and send it out to space...even if its to the moon to sit there and let anything in the future coming by know that this planet used to have life so they can tell, just as we would like to know if other planets had life/have life.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

H bomb
who really knows, don`t we?

But getting the pic togheter: Since the Indonesia tsunami did things appear to stop or did they just appear to rise in quantity and violence?
i mean Haiti, Chile, Japan, the volcano activity around the world, etc, this doesn`t seem to stop but only seem to get higher in strenght, damage and frecuency. Hope for my children that this is not what i always thought it was, even if it is caused by a dwarf , ets or whatever one might like to blame.
i guess it is just us, mother earth is getting tired of US
Hope i`m wrong, more now than ever

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So the skies will be dark grey, polluted and block out the sun....

How will we be able to tell the difference here in the UK?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

(dont mean to correct you but im a stickler about big words small ones dont but me xD Frequency**)

As do i, im just getting into the prime of my life i dont want to be snuffed out before that or even have any of the kids of today not get to have a childhood or anything due to our stupidity on this planet And the fact we cant run as much as we would have/like to.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If this comes to pass think of food production! its already slow this year due to a late start. now add dark skys = bad news

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
After Krakatoa :

Clouds of dust hung suspended in the stratosphere for months, causing strange after-effects. All over the world, the most beautiful sunsets were witnessed. In Paris, New York, London, and Cairo, the setting sun appeared blue, leaden, green and copper-coloured. At night, the moon and stars appeared green. - August 1963 issue of Popular Science

iberianature.com...

Sounds rather awesome. Though I doubt in this case we are all in imminent danger of being choked by a volcanic winter.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

here i`ll embed some pics of the lake and how was it before and how it is now

before

a couple of days after the eruption

I REALLY DON`T KNOW WHAT MORE CAN I ADD

AND NOW

LOOK AT THAT DIVER TRYING TO GET IN

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The ash from the volcano has hit the jet stream and is beginning to circulate around the Earth. Here is a fascinating series of photos of the plume's progress as seen from space:
www.flickr.com...

There is less media coverage of this event than there was of the Icelandic volcanoes because there is less intense air traffic over the South Atlantic and Indian Oceans than there is over Europe. The ash will eventually disperse.

The OP has my sympathy and best wishes for digging out. Things may seem grim now, but it's not the end of the world!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Can you believe all that is coming upon the earth ? I believe that before long even the Cosmos will begin to tremble. I have noticed just this morning that the parable of the fig tree seems to fit perfectly with this point in history here today. So what are we supposed to know when we see this ? Who sees what I see ? Just check'in ?
edit on 16-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here are some comparable facts about the Mt St. Helens eruption in 1980.

And this:

Mt St Helens Eruption Column And Cloud: Height: Reached about 80,000 feet in less than 15 minutes Downwind extent: Spread across U.S. in 3 days; circled Earth in 15 days Volume of ash (based on uncompacted deposits): 0.26 cubic miles (1.4 billion cubic yards) Ash fall area: Detectable amounts of ash covered 22,000 square miles Ash fall depth: 10 inches at 10 miles downwind (ash and pumice); 1 inch at 60 miles downwind; 1/2 inch at 300 miles downwind

Link

Circled the Earth in 15 days!

I remember picking up ash deposits in coffee cans along the I-90 when I was a kid. The ash was visible along the freeway for about 14 years.

Our Earth is an extraordinary place!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's just a little thin line of ash and debris, insignificant on a global scale but if you lived under it you would think the whole world was ash.
Overhyped sensationalism in the title.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

the thing is: it stops commerce, you can`t even get supplies, communications are working really bad, more traffic has been stopped since the eruption, people can`t get out, they are having breath disseases and all kind of respiratory conditions.
this geeting world wide would be a serious trouble, just imagine the nabro , ellfayjoughll, Puyehue and some more than we can add to this besides the earthquakes that may be joinig them

not a god pic

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

bet on it

sure it is

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join