It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ash from the volcano Puyehue (Chile) will go around the world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Ash from the volcano Puyehue (Chile) will go around the world

www.europapress.es

The ash clouds and rocks emitted form the Puyehue-Cordon Caulle volcano would compromise the entire world round, says Enrique Valdivieso, the Chilean expert from the National Service for Geology and Minning of Chile.
The debris is suppossed to travel the whole world around for at least a couple of months, it already hapened trough Australia, New Zealand and of course Southamerica, covering a wide range of territory.
A video shot in 15/06 just at one kilometer from the eruption here by the TVN
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 6/16/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is very hard even here in buenos aires the ashes are falling down constantly and we have a grey sky even when there are no clouds around but the density of the debris is hard enough to cover a wide range of dispersal.

hope this doesn`t get harder, even houses in bariloche are falling down for the weight of the ashes depossits in the ceilings and roofs.
is hard to believe

Mods could`t find a link in english but i guess this is important to know even with language limitations
www.europapress.es...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
this used to be ne the NAHUEL HUAPI one of our best lakes in Argentina
www.youtube.com...

NAMASTE

www.europapress.es
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
At the moment I have no idea what is going on down your way.. and have to read up some more, but in the meanwhile I hope you, your family and country men/women keep safe

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

This isn`t getting the weight it really has!!
here in Buenos Aires we are getting plenty of ashes though it rained heavily for 40 hours!! and we are at least 1800 km form the eruption i guess!!

link   

i dont think its that bad, the WORST i could see hapening with my knowlage of geology is that a plate will eventualy slide under the volcanoe if it gets that bad, just making a big lava wave and a new Yellowstone park but most likely 3x the size.

link   

Wow! scary how the whole lake is covered like that. Volcanos are certainly awe inspiring, yet ever so deadly. Thanx for sharing I had no idea it was this extreme down there. S&F

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

i do hope you all are ok though i know how bad volcanoes are/can be. my best wishes.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Add to this what is happening at Nabro in Ethiopia.

www.sat24.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thank you although i am at a long distance from Chile!!
What worries me most is the people that are nearer the volcano they are getting between 6 and 7 earthquakes per hour!!! i Guess this is gonna get harder for all the people that lives in a 500 km range even heavy rocks are falling though the eruption began at least two weeks ago.

i`m worried for them

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Be safe, and thanks for the Update. We are ALL in this TOGETHER all our minds gotta work together to preserve species.

edit on 6/16/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aadcb41b8a6d.jpg[/atsimg]

Wouldn't be surprised looking at this picture. Good heads up....Forecast is "cloudy" skies for the coming weeks

I'll believe it when I see it though. At the same time there isn't much on this planet that is more beautiful than an erupting volcano.
edit on 6/16/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here is a "Puff Predictor" page, pretty cool.

puff.images.alaska.edu...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_B_Told

yes i think this is not local
The ring of fire is really on fire, now more than ever!!
everyone who can add anything of importance please do that
thanks in advance

I`ll be leaving till night so i wouldn`t be able to post any news till then

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So this is going to " block out the entire world for months!!!!!" eh?

Crap, is that for sure?

edit on 16-6-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

yes its beautiful but is this a cleansing or just gaia getting very sick from us doing crap all over this planet.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks for your reply the people that are nearer the volcano would need them most
they are complicated in a very bad way, not only for supplies but they can`t even get out cause there is no a clear point in which to be directed cuase they can`t see anything at all. A family wrote that the last thing they had to eat were some yesterday cookies cause they dind`t know in which direction to travel cause it was just a GREY BLANKET all over the landscape

Really worriyng

Hope this got a nice end, a couple of years ago we had the El Chaiten, i guess it was only a preview of what was going to come nowadays.God, i hope i`m wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow that picture looks like a hydrogen bomb was detonated.

I doubt that the entire world will be blocked out for months though, do you know how much ash and debris it would take to cover the entire sky? Maybe if a supervolcano or two erupted simultaneously, I'd be worried about crop damage, extinctions, etc., but just one volcano covering the entire globe in ash? I have a hard time believing that.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

I guess it will be parcial but he assured it would travel the entire world
look at the places it has yet arrived and because of the winds they may travel farther than that

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath

Thanks for your reply the people that are nearer the volcano would need them most
they are complicated in a very bad way, not only for supplies but they can`t even get out cause there is no a clear point in which to be directed cuase they can`t see anything at all. A family wrote that the last thing they had to eat were some yesterday cookies cause they dind`t know in which direction to travel cause it was just a GREY BLANKET all over the landscape

Really worriyng

Hope this got a nice end, a couple of years ago we had the El Chaiten, i guess it was only a preview of what was going to come nowadays.God, i hope i`m wrong.

That is really worrying to know.. I hope some way is found to help those who are closer/in danger. I can not imagine the worry/concern/fear they must be enduring at the moment.
thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath

Really worriyng

That sounds terrible and I can see the landscape being hard to adjust to locationwise. Man are my prayers with them and my LOVE and I hope not as well as far as preview goes. I will keep concentrating down there and hope they can get thru this as best they can. There seems to be a uprising in magnetic energy distribution around EA but thats another thread. Be well and safe ALL.

edit on 6/16/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join