It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: It's much worse than you think (al-jazeera)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

Most be since the Sun provides plenty of radiation each and every day to anyone who takes a step outdoors and even those indoors.

Radiation is present on the earth quite naturally in low doses...X-rays can do a person good by discovering broken bones...certain types of cancer.

The disaster in Japan is a tragedy on so many different levels that the radiation exposures are kinda a back seat problem for now. I hope they are dealing with it and that eventually things will be resolved.

American military bases in the area have not yet evac any families from the region so maybe just maybe this problem is to be more localized than are fears and the MANY threads which have stated this same thing over and over

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The greatest threat to the people of the world and the world it's self are these Nuclear Power plant's. Thing that's really scary is if the Earth is to be hit by a CME that takes out power grids, it'll trigger melt down's of Nuclear power plant's across the globe.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If people think that Japan's problems aren't our problem than they need a wake up check.
Below is some news that was taken off of where it originated, now why would they take this away from the public's view? Thank goodness someone saved it before it was gone, and I hope it's not taken away from this site too.

FOX: Is Iodine-131 Killing Babies In Philadelphia Deaths up 48 percent since radiation levels spiked in tap water
My Fox Philly | Jun. 16, 2011

A researcher says the death rate among babies is up 48 percent since Iodine-131 was found in Philadelphia’s drinking water [...]

Joseph Mangano is is the executive director of the Radiation And Public Health Project in New York, which is made of up scientists and health professionals. [...]

Mangano said radiation combined with higher levels of iodine the EPAQ found in Philadelphia’s water two months ago may be killing young babies here. [...]

[CDC data] shows an average of five infant deaths a week in the five weeks leading up to the fallout in Japan.

Then, for the 10 weeks after Japan, there was an average of 7. 5. [...]
www.truthalliance.net... s-spiked-in-tap-water.aspx

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Im sure it is far worse, if I lived in Japan, I would GTFO and fast

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what this means on the EPA site then?

In Arizona there are readings as far as 250 cpm ,... Average is 150. There is no period on this website graph.

EPA RAD NET LINK

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I for one am ready to fight off a onslaught of mutant Chinese zombies..

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by TETRA.X
reply to post by FadeProof

Oh, I see! So a little radiation is ok to breathe into the lungs and/or digest? Hmmm.

According to Ann Coulter Radiation is good for you!

Relax, what is happening at Fukushima is good for us.

While maybe not to this extent, she could be right. There has been very little studies done on radiation, as everyone has this monster fear of it. Radiation is one of those "buzz" words, you know, they instantly incite fear.

There has not been very many studies done on small doses of radiation, and those few tests that have been done have shown a lower amount of cancer and higher amounts.

I say that it depends on your diet. Eat propely, and your full of vitamins and minerals, eat poorly and there is barely any in your body. Most of radioactive isotopes get accepted into your body in replacement of another substance.

Cesium is scary because it is close to potassium, so your body mistakes it for potassium and uses it as such. Strontium is close to calcium and is taken into your bones and causes leukemia, so, the best protection is to eat properly.

Some people from Chernobyl never suffered any effects from radiation poisoning and nobody really knew why. I bet if they checked the amount of vitamins and minerals in their body it would have told a story.

Radiation on a small scale (what everyone is getting minus Japan) is relatively easy for our body to get rid of and poses a small threat is any. If your malnourished the chances would be higher you body will accept the radiation.

So, small amount of radiation could be good for you, as is getting the flu, it builds your immune system. But, as I said before there haven't been that many studies and much much more information is needed.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by TETRA.X

Oh, I see! So a little radiation is ok to breathe into the lungs and/or digest? Hmmm.

According to Ann Coulter Radiation is good for you!

Relax, what is happening at Fukushima is good for us.

why dont we all go living in a nuclear reactor so!! we'l be the healthiest people in the world!!!

and as a added bonus it'l be a bunker for 2012 too!! now thats a 2 in 1 bargain!

maybe i should start selling them!!! hmmm,
and the sad part about it is people prob would actually buy it

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That Island is doomed. Sorry to say. I hope a lot of people can relocate
Because you wont be able to spend 2 hours in the place soon, for 100 years or more.

What about places like Korea, and others? where it can drift? there is an unknown virus in so. Korea now. harding the lung tissue, of pregnant women and others, children too. Lots their not talking about I am sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

Ann is a speak your mind freak! and ugly too, has an Adams Apple. LoL
She's just, I don't know, different.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by C21H30O2I
reply to post by scoobyrob

Ann is a speak your mind freak! and ugly too, has an Adams Apple. LoL
She's just, I don't know, different.

Yea, she's different. Damn though, she has a long neck. Looks like she's part giraffe.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yeah, She always reminded me of a dude, with long hair.
Speaks some psycho shiii, but I respect her for speaking
without thinking and saying what she wants.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by C21H30O2I
Yeah, She always reminded me of a dude, with long hair.
Speaks some psycho shiii, but I respect her for speaking
without thinking and saying what she wants.
Is she speaking without thinking?

Or is someone (like maybe the pro-nuclear lobby?) paying her to say that?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
sad to hear.

The mainstream news started to break this back in the first week of April, but it was ignored by the most part of the rest of the world, then dropped it seem entriely by the mainstream media when hey realised it was not cool to scare the utter be- jesus out of the masses.

previous news link thread

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FadeProof
You forgot the point . 43.0 CPM. Not 430. If we had 430 CPM, we would all be dead. Get some research on actual radiation readings, whats good & whats bad. First of all learn how to read a Geiger counter.

We have a true patriot out taking these readings, spending his own money to travel the nation to bring us the truth about the radiation claims made by the Government and you're saying he's full of crap and doesn't know what he's talking about? What a way to support your fellow Country-man who are doing their part to help combat the lies & fear.

A true patriot?...

Where I come from these people are called Bloody Idiots.....

Time you looked at this with your rose colored glasses off...

Maybe you could join him and get first hand experience as to the actual effects of radiation poisoning...

But then again, armchair critics do not really get their hands dirty , do they?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

"You're wrong for hating queers and eating steers
If you kill for the thrill of the hunt
You're wrong 'bout wearing fur and not hating Ann Coulter
Cause she's a #ed #"

NOFX said it best folks.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronon The same might happen here in the USA too, if it wasn't for the MSM fascination with loose hot dogs; Anthony Weiner, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chris Lee, John Edwards...

Despite the ongoing nuclear crisis in Japan, President Obama continues to support nuclear power
blogs.abcnews.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Here's the thing, geiger counters don't measure on hot particles. If you inhale a hot particle ( of lets say plutonium ) then that hot particle will be emitting radiation for the rest of your life, and way past the time you die in your coffin. That will most surely give you cancer. And that can't be picked up by geiger counters.

Car filters in San Fran have been found to have hot particles.

Its just a matter of time before the cancer rates start spiking.
Child mortality rate has started spiking.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
To protect yourself, take a low-dose aspirin pill daily. It wards off most cancers.

Article

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Third Explosion

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

Here's the thing, geiger counters don't measure on hot particles. If you inhale a hot particle ( of lets say plutonium ) then that hot particle will be emitting radiation for the rest of your life, and way past the time you die in your coffin. That will most surely give you cancer. And that can't be picked up by geiger counters.

Car filters in San Fran have been found to have hot particles.

Its just a matter of time before the cancer rates start spiking.
Child mortality rate has started spiking.

The dutchinese poster needs to get some car air filters out (dead easy) and stick his geiger counter on them.
Has he done that yet?

He/you guys should have been wearing respiratory protection anyway. Hopefully most of that s is in the mississpi or washed out in the tornados etc to elsewhere than the air by now. (3 months later) Gunderson is inexcusable : why wait to now to tell you about hot particles? Yet they are kissin his a on youtube, while he is currently spin doctoring 'metalic tastes, and coughing' . He's again neglected to inform us of whats coming after that.

You've seen two explosions at Fukushima but 3 of 4 reactor towers are gone . Whats still inside that 4th intact box is the only thing that matters there now.
The rest has just gone : a feast of hot particles from fission fires and multiple explosions was spreading round the world within 2 days it was mostly over, and by March 20 America was getting showered in the debris.

Are YOU too scared to address or release footage of explosions 3 and 4(in press presented order) at Fukushima Diachi?
Someone above mentioned the whole thing scaring the be-jesus out people, hence no coverage. But I will explain that what'''s happenED also scared TFC out the politicians and journalists too. Imagine poor us, waiting to see these explosions (at 5am) when they were reported on BBCnews24, and by the Japan Prime Minister, while they took the (secretized) decision not to show them to anyone. WE the )public?) are the bin-end of their news agenda : and how far their empire spreads, its disgusting.
And on the subject of footage of these explosions : when some were eventually released by independent uploaders to you tube the whole channel of each user was disabled (almost) immediately, with copyright claims. I dont advise you follow this up but the information remains available : a user involved in this potential dcma law suit against an innocent Japanese worker has videos which are more than highly suggestive of mind control and remain available to any child. It shows they are not on top : this is an internet war. Do you think we retained the footage and the evidence immediately. Who do you think we work for? If it aint the FDA?

Al Jazeera lost and gained all their credibility when the Americans blew up their apartment office with a pot shot at the (full of different news media) media hotel in Bhagdad during the invasion of Iraq 2003. Its a case of it (Fukushima) WAS a lot worse, and until we start from the right perspective ; nuclear explosions : we cant take anyone seriously.
Global Newsgroups are now a farce (or are they ATS?) . There is a long but superb report a page back. Thanks to that user. They may try and hoodwink even us but it's not being missed. Where is the Minister who cracked?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join