It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: It's much worse than you think (al-jazeera)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I feel litterly sick the more I read about this, those poor people, poor humanity. With the way things are going, we are doomed.
I really do something good happens and fast...surely something must happen to create some type of balance?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Blame the US?
In reaction to the Fukushima catastrophe, Germany is phasing out all of its nuclear reactors over the next decade. In a referendum vote this Monday, 95 per cent of Italians voted in favour of blocking a nuclear power revival in their country. A recent newspaper poll in Japan shows nearly three-quarters of respondents favour a phase-out of nuclear power in Japan. Why have alarms not been sounded about radiation exposure in the US? Nuclear operator Exelon Corporation has been among Barack Obama's biggest campaign donors, and is one of the largest employers in Illinois where Obama was senato

Nuclear Leaks and Response Tested Obama in Senate

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Smiling won't keep the radiation away
in all seriousness though, we'll have to fend for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

Actually, you're right he did say 400. But if your read your geiger counter instructions then you will see it says to let the geiger counter sit and do its scanning for radiation for a duration of 10 minutes. After 10 minutes and it beeps, you take that large number, which happend to be 400 in the video, and divide it by the number of minutes which is 10...so it would be 40 counts per minute which is safe. Once you start getting above 100 counts per minute then its starting to get dangerous

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you look at a couple of YouTube videos showing actual radiation readings in Chiba City, you will see that the radioactive material is localized near the ground, near soil and water, pipes and sewers:

So the high radiation is there, but it's just localized to specific points that you may walk by briefly. But over time this exposure is also dangerous.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemini67

40 CPM is "safe" but if this is a sustained level of radiation, wouldn't it also be dangerous over time. I would imagine that 40 CPM every day of your life is like being exposed to 120 CPM for a third of your life, no?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FadeProof
Fukushima disaster is a Psy-Op. If you believe the official mainstream story then you're as dumb as they come. al-jazeera is mainstream news for Europe/Arabs/Muslims. They are no better than the liers & deceivers on CNN. Dutchsinse on Youtube has been traveling the country taking radiation readings with his Geiger Counters, and everywhere he went including the West Coast is showing dramatically lower readings than what the news is portraying. The radiation readings he is getting are Average or slightly above average. But nothing that shows a health risk. So how is Fukushima much worse than we think if everything the Government and Mainstream news has told us is a lie?

edit on 16-6-2011 by FadeProof because: (no reason given)

You know Ben Fulford I believe claimed at some point that Fukushima was a false flag also.

He said that like 80-90% of the fuel rods had been removed prior to the controlled detonations, and that there is far less exposed fuel than we are led to believe. Now I don't usually follow the guy so he does seem all over the place but who knows?

Also I think there is possibly an issue with how a hydrogen explosion occurred in the first place when they have such a well designed venting system.

I am currently undecided about these claims. It could be true and we are deceived yet again, I wouldn't be surprised. But on the other hand it could be true and we are all screwed. Either way TPTB thinks we are cattle or something.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

At least some good has come of this. Germany is ending its reliance on nuclear power and Italy has voted in that direction as well.

Italy has Voted on Scrapping Nuclear Power

The same might happen here in the USA too, if it wasn't for the MSM fascination with loose hot dogs; Anthony Weiner, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chris Lee, John Edwards...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemini67

Thanks! That actually helps a lot. However, I really can't accept that Fukishima is a false flag op or that it is not dangerous.What do they gain by such a thing? I can't find any reasoning behind such a claim.

Radiation fallout is never a uniform coating across an area. Its fallout is random and patchy. If one area doesn't show a large increase in radiation, it doesn't mean that the neighboring territory would show the same results.

So, all the tests on top soils, vegetables, water and air done by various institutions doesn't mean anything? Are they part of the false flag op too? While the rest of the MSM stays mute?

Are France and Sweden, who are reporting radiation in certain areas, are they part of the false flag too?

Is just a little bit of hot particle being ingested or embedded in the lungs or bones ok? Does the body really break it down and expel it from the body? I really don't think so. Common sense says no.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Also I think there is possibly an issue with how a hydrogen explosion occurred in the first place when they have such a well designed venting system.
Who told you it was a well-designed venting system?

Arnie Gunderson says pretty much the opposite, that in fact the reactors were designed without that venting system, and that the vents which were added as a "band-aid" fix later on actually violate regulations of the NRC, because they release contamination, and they made an exception to their own regulations to allow the band-aid vents to be installed:

The Implications of the Fukushima Accident on the World's Operating Reactors
vimeo.com...

Arnie Gundersen explains how containment vents were added to the GE Mark 1 BWR as a "band aid" 20 years after the plants built in order to prevent an explosion of the notoriously weak Mark 1 containment system.

He claims that the vents aren't part of the original design and they actually violate US NRC regulations, and he shows an enlargement of the applicable regulation in the video.

He claims the vents were a band-aid after the plants were already built and the NRC granted a waiver to their own regulation even though the design is inherently unsafe.

Now, you wanna run that by me again about the "well designed venting system"? Is that how we refer to band-aid patches that violate NRC regulations?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I feel bad for Japanese sperm right now.

I'm loving the complete lack of media coverage on one of the most serious disasters in human history, that Weiner guy is way more important than the potential mutation or even destruction of the human race, he shared naked pictures!

The MSM only dishes out certain kinds of fears, didn't you get the memo? We can't have fears of maybe-this or maybe-that related to potential real problems. That might get in the way of the fears of potential terrorists out there waiting in the corners in our neighborhoods! Call Homeland Security!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

"ET's"(or "TT's") would 'land' on earth precisely because of the radiation hazard occurring there now,

and the ones to come...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think the major media avoids the truth about this just because it is so large and so unprecedented. The media and established have to be stymied about what to do. Warn people? Evaculate Japan? The choices aren't pretty, and I suspect heated talks are going on at "high" levels all over the globe about this issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Al Jazeera has a funny reputation in the west, but their coverage is very good. Much better coverage of ME events than you'll find on any US outlet.

We read British news almost exclusively now, with some Al Jazeera. The US news is very yellow by comparison.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Fukushima disaster is a Psy-Op. ...

Well, there certainly seems to be a lot of differing information out there especially when you see this:

In the US, physician Janette Sherman MD and epidemiologist Joseph Mangano published an essay shedding light on a 35 per cent spike in infant mortality in northwest cities that occurred after the Fukushima meltdown, and may well be the result of fallout from the stricken nuclear plant.

The eight cities included in the report are San Jose, Berkeley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, Portland, Seattle, and Boise, and the time frame of the report included the ten weeks immediately following the disaster.

al-jazeerah story

What the heck? If it's that high in the states then it must be horrific in Japan.

I don't doubt for a minutethat the situation is out-of-control, probably worse than they say, mismanaged and whatever other finger can be pointed but it is really confusing and undermining the actual situation when you see this type of finding published.

I found this article linked from her web-site but could not find an atcual publishing of the essay and further, the article here seems to make no mention of this 35% mortality rate.

And finally, her submission to the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists was rejected - she questions if it was 'too alarmist.'

Something doesn't seem not quite right here especially if you take a look at search results. Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I have a feeling Fade Proof is a Dis-Info.

I've been watching a lot of Andie Gundersons Updates since Fukushima 9.1 Earthquake happened;Andie seems to be reliable without much bias on the issue.

I'll stick to his updates rather than the trash from the MSM.

They are covering up the fact that people are inhaling these hot Particles. Its sickening.

And theres not a damn thing we can do about it. Unless that is you stay in your house all day and that just doesn't work for people who need to get to work.

Even then staying in your house you may be exposed to the hot Particles they are in the Air and/or if dust is kicked up in the Air. Say wind Etc. Right?

edit on 17-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The disaster at the Fuhk-ya-shi-up plant (yup, thought that up myself, pat for me lol) is nothing to scoff at, but I believe that TEPCO really is looking at all options to contain it. The first month was cost control, analysis to see if the plant could be saved/restored. After a month they realized it couldn't be, and are likely in process of figuring out how to essentially destroy it without major fallout. That's where the problem comes in, at Chernobyl they surrounded the exposed reactor with a concrete tomb and cordoned off large sections of land around the reactor, in process killing the town of Pripyat (I think thats how it's spelled). That reactor is STILL releasing radiation and will be for hundreds of thousands of years. Fukishima will be the same, that portion of Japan will forever be no-mans-land, given the large quantaties of Plutonium they stored there.

Radiation is a phenominal energy source, and is a great learning tool for how energy is transferred via particles. However, we STILL do not know how to contain it. We know how to block it, but not how to control it. The best hope we have is redirecting the radiation to an absorbing source, like lead which will absorb the radiation into itself. I remember a buddy of mine telling me a theory he had regarding radiation, lead and gold. He is a geologist and wrote a paper detailing how he believes long term exposure of lead to radiation actually turns it to gold, and that all of the gold on our planet was originally lead that was atomically changed to gold via large sources of radiation over thousands upon thousands of years. However he could never explain where the source for such radiation would come from. Then i saw the documentory of the possibility of ancient civilizations possessing nuclear weapons and using them, with evidence of such at certain sites with radioactive particles and silicone glass from 12,000 years ago. An interesting connection. Who knows, maybe Japan will have huge gold deposits in a couple thousand years as a result of this. Still doesn't help us though.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Fukushima disaster is a Psy-Op. If you believe the official mainstream story then you're as dumb as they come.
(...)
So how is Fukushima much worse than we think if everything the Government and Mainstream news has told us is a lie?

edit on 16-6-2011 by FadeProof because: (no reason given)

(...)
I am currently undecided about these claims. It could be true and we are deceived yet again, I wouldn't be surprised. But on the other hand it could be true and we are all screwed. Either way TPTB thinks we are cattle or something.

Greetings:

We are still awaiting your response on your Mississippi thread and in case others may have missed any of this, check this out:

Government Radiation Expert Deconstructs Myth Of “Safe” Radiation Levels
Nuclear radiation expert and renowned Government radiation expert, Chris Bubsy, deconstructs the myths and propaganda of so-called “safe” levels of nuclear radiation.

Since the Fukushima accident we have seen a stream of experts on radiation telling us not to worry, that the doses are too low, that the accident is nothing like Chernobyl and so forth. They appear on television and we read their articles in the newspapers and online. Fortunately the majority of the public don’t believe them.
(...)
And in an interview with me in Stockholm in 2009, Dr Jack Valentin, the ex-Scientific Secretary of the ICRP conceded this, and also made the statement that the ICRP risk model, the one used by all governments to assess the outcome of accidents like Fukushima, was unsafe and could not be used. You can see this interview on the internet, on www.vimeo.com.

Why is the ICRP model unsafe?

Because it is based on “absorbed dose”. This is average radiation energy in Joules divided by the mass of living tissue into which it is diluted. A milliSievert is one milliJoule of energy diluted into one kilogram of tissue.

As such, it would not distinguish between warming yourself in front of a fire and eating a red hot coal. It is the local distribution of energy that is the problem.

The dose from a singly internal alpha particle track to a single cell is 500mSv! The dose to the whole body from the same alpha track is 5 x 10-11 mSv. That is 0.000000000005mSv. But it is the dose to the cell that causes the genetic damage and the ultimate cancer.

The cancer yield per unit dose employed by ICRP is based entirely on external acute high dose radiation at Hiroshima, where the average dose to a cell was the same for all cells.

Please go to the source to read the full story - it is well worth your time. He concludes with this:

There is a gap between them and us.

Between the phoney scientists and the public who don’t believe what they say.

Between those who are employed and paid to protect us from radioactive pollution and those who die from its consequences.

Between those who talk down what is arguably the greatest public health scandal in human history, and the facts that they ignore.

more

Joseph Conrad wrote: “After all the shouting is over, the grim silence of facts remain.”

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

Traces of radiation from the crippled nuclear plant in Japan are being detected in states from California to Massachusetts, carried across the Pacific on broad rivers of wind. But state officials say there is no public health risk.

OK....let's investigate that statement a bit further.

Let's start with this from the Wall Street Journal:

Radiation Detected in U.S.

U.S. states, which aren't recommending protective measures for the public, are reporting tiny amounts of radioactive iodine known as Iodine-131 that is seen in the early stages of a nuclear reaction. It has a short half-life of eight days, meaning that in that time, half of it will have decayed to a non-radioactive state, a process that will continue until it is undetectable, Mr. Matus said.

In Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, public officials said radiation found in rainwater last week posed no threat to drinking water. Pennsylvania repeatedly tested the drinking water from six regions in the state over the weekend, but detected no Iodine-131, Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett said in a statement Monday.

People might "get alarmed by making what would be an [color=limegreen]inappropriate connection from rainwater to drinking water," Mr. Corbett said in a statement.

We offer the following article without comment:

28 March 2011
Radioactive Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania Rainwater Sample is 3300%
Above Federal Drinking Water Standard

Governor Corbett Says Public Water Supply Testing Finds No Risk to Public From Radioactivity Found in Rainwater, Pennsylvania Office of the Governor, March 28, 2011:

The (Iodine-131) numbers reported in the rainwater samples in Pennsylvania range from 40-100 picocuries per liter (pCi/L). Although these are levels above the background levels historically reported in these areas, they are still about 25 times below the level that would be of concern. The federal drinking water standard for Iodine-131 is three pCi/L. …

On Friday, rainwater samples were taken in Harrisburg, where levels were 41 pCi/L and at nuclear power plants at TMI and Limerick, where levels were 90 to 100 pCi/L.

Corbett emphasized that the drinking water is safe and there is no cause for health concerns. …

“Rainwater is not typically directly consumed,” Corbett said. “However, people might get alarmed by making what would be [color=limegreen]an inappropriate connection from rainwater to drinking water. By testing the drinking water, we can assure people that the water is safe.” …

This is not the radiation you seek... move along...

How Safe Is the Rain in America?

Prevailing winds routinely waft plumes of dust, coal-smoke, wild-fire soot, industrial grit and other microscopic particles from Asia to North America, several atmospheric scientists said.

Carried up by the rising warm air in the region around the damaged Fukushima plant, particles of radioactive isotopes such as Iodine-131 and Xenon-133 are being carried at about 50 miles per hour by winds blowing from west to east in a band of the atmosphere called the troposphere, about 6,500 feet to about 30,000 feet or more above the ground.

(...)
Generally, "the stuff will be spread in a long stream and, as it spreads, it becomes quite dilute," said research scientist Tony VanCuren at the California Air Resources Board.

Under current conditions, particles from the Fukushima complex would take about a week or so to cross the Pacific.

Typically, the particles will stay aloft until washed out of the air by rain or buffeted to lower altitude by turbulence, creating an unpredictable patchwork of fallout.

more

4 April 2011
Cesium-137 Threat Grows While MSM Remains Silent

Cesium-137 has been detected in drinking water and milk here in the United States. Cesium and Tellurium were found in Boise, Las Vegas, Nome and Dutch Harbor, Honolulu, Kauai and Oahu, Anaheim, Riverside, San Francisco, and San Bernardino,  Jacksonville and Orlando, Salt Lake City,  Guam, and Saipan while Uranium-234, with a half-life of 245,500 years has been found in Hawaii, California, and Washington.

The EPA has radiation monitoring sites situated around the country.

Radioactive isotopes spread through the atmosphere accumulate in milk after they fall to earth in rain or dust and settle on vegetation, where they are ingested by grazing cattle. Iodine-131 is known to accumulate in the thyroid gland, where it can cause cancer and other thyroid diseases. Cesium-137 accumulates in the body’s soft tissues and bone marrow where it increases risk of cancer.

more

The corporate media in the West is downplaying and basically ignoring the threat. On the one hand, the EPA tells us Cesium-137 is appearing in milk and water around the country, while on the other telling us not to worry.

The EPA said in March that “while they were above the historical and background norm, the levels weren’t considered harmful to human health.”

The agency sounds the alarm about radioactivity in cigarette smoke while minimizing the risk from an out-of-control nuclear plant that continues to spew radioactivity on an hourly basis... continuously!

Something is seriously wrong when a supposedly free media and government agencies in the U.S. downplay or completely ignore the threat.

“On April 4, the Japanese government also has requested the Japan Meteorological Society and Japanese universities not to release data from radiation measurement to avoid “public panic”. Rainwater samples have all demonstrated elevated concentrations of radioactive Tellurium-02, Ruthenium-04 and Technetium-04.

“280 sensors to measure radiation release from atomic bomb testing were established under the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty in 1996. These sensors are detecting levels equivalent to Chernobyl releases. One scientist, Gerhard Wotawa, noted, ‘I’ve never seen data like this in my career.’

So how do we deal with disaster?

Austria, Germany, Canada and Australia have banned eight episodes of The Simpsons dealing with nuclear crisis.

The Simpsons, now in its 24th season with 480 episodes, has been one of the few outlets to show the greed of nuclear operators, groveling toadies and a complacent public to a mainstream television audience — meltdowns caused by jelly doughnuts!

Kopp Online, Xander News and other non-English news agencies are reporting that the EU implemented a secret “emergency” order, [color=limegreen]without informing the public, that increases the amount of radiation permitted in food by up to 2000% (20 times) the previous food standards.

According to EU bylaws, radiation limits may be raised during a nuclear emergency
to prevent food shortages.

4 April 2011
Radiation Detected In Drinking Water In 13 More US Cities,
Cesium-137 In Vermont Milk

Radiation has reached the EPA's maximum contaminant level in some milk samples.

Radiation from Japan has been detected in drinking water in 13 more American cities, and Cesium-137 has been found in American milk—in Montpelier, Vermont—for the first time since the Japan nuclear disaster began, according to data released by the Environmental Protection Agency late Friday.

Milk samples from Phoenix and Los Angeles contained Iodine-131 at levels roughly equal to the maximum contaminant level permitted by EPA in drinking water, the data shows. The Phoenix sample contained 3.2 picoCuries per liter of Iodine-131. The Los Angeles sample contained 2.9.

The EPA maximum contaminant level is 3.0, but this is a conservative standard designed to minimize exposure over a lifetime, so EPA does not consider these levels to pose a health threat. The FDA, not the EPA, regulates milk.

UPDATE: The FDA's Derived Intervention Level for Iodine-131 in milk is much higher: 4700 picoCuries per liter.
Read why.

Radioactive isotopes accumulate in milk after they spread through the atmosphere, fall to earth in rain or dust, and settle on vegetation, where they are ingested by grazing cattle. Iodine-131 is known to accumulate in the thyroid gland, where it can cause cancer and other thyroid diseases. Cesium-137 accumulates in the body’s soft tissues, where it increases risk of cancer, according to EPA.

A rainwater sample collected in Boise on March 27 contained 390 picocures per liter of iodine-131, plus 41 of cesium-134 and 36 of cesium-137. EPA released this result for the first time yesterday. Typically several days pass between sample collection and data release because of the time required to collect, transport and analyze the samples.

But the EPA drinking-water data includes one outlier—an unusually, but not dangerously, high reading in a drinking water sample from Chatanooga, Tennessee.

The Watts Bar Dam site in Spring City, Tennessee

The sample was collected at the Tennessee Valley Authority’s Sequoyah nuclear plant. A Tennessee official told the Chatanooga Times last week that radiation from Japan had been detected at Sequoyah but is “1,000 to 10,000 times below any levels of concern.”

The 1.6 picocures per liter reported by the EPA on Friday is slightly more than half the maximum contaminant level permitted in drinking water, but more uniquely, it is many times higher than all the other drinking water samples collected in the U.S.
more

5 April 2011

The flow of highly radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean near Japan's distressed nuclear power plant has stopped, the plant's owners said.

The water was escaping from a concrete pit with a large crack in it, the Tokyo Electric Power Co. said. Officials said the company used a substance called liquid glass to seal the crack and the leak stopped Wednesday morning.

The release of radioactive waste has raised concerns in Japan and elsewhere about the safety of seafood. On Tuesday, Japan's government set its first radiation safety standards for fish after radioactive contamination in nearby seawater was measured at several million times the legal limit.

[color=limegreen]TEPCO insisted that the radiation will rapidly disperse and that it poses no immediate danger.

But an expert said exposure to the highly concentrated levels near the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant could cause immediate injury and that the leaks could result in residual contamination of the sea in the area.
more

12 April 2011
Nuclear Professor “Surprised” by Radioactive Seaweed South of Seattle

… KIRO 7 obtained samples of seaweed from Budd Inlet near Olympia two weeks ago. Professor Kris Starosta (a nuclear scientist) at Simon Fraser University confirmed the presence of radioactive Iodine Monday.

“We have seen Iodine 131 in the sample you sent us,” he said. “I think it’s pretty clear by now this must be Iodine 131 from releases from Fukushima.” …

“I think it is surprising,” Starosta said. “I guess I was assuming it wouldn’t reach this far, but it did.” …
more

12 April 2011
Fukushima Meltdown Could Trigger Atomic Explosion

A British professor and expert on the health effects of ionizing radiation told Alex Jones today evidence points toward a nuclear explosion occurring at the Fukushima Daiichi complex. Two explosions at the plant in March were described as hydrogen gas explosions by Japanese officials and the corporate media.

Using ratios of the radionuclides Xenon 133 and Xenon 133m which they measured by gamma spectrometer, the Russians demonstrated that the Chernobyl explosion was a fission criticality explosion and not principally a hydrogen explosion as has been claimed.

“I believe that the explosion of the No 3 reactor may have also involved criticality but this must await the release of data on measurements of the Xenon isotope ratios,” he writes in a statement on Fukushima and Chernobyl emailed to Infowars.com.

Busby further notes that the surface contamination and of dose rates 60 kilometers out from the Fukushima site on March 17 exceeded that released at Chernobyl.

He explains in his statement that the damaged reactors at Fukushima “are now continuing to fission. It is hoped that there will be no separation of plutonium and possible nuclear explosion. I feel that this is unlikely now.” Short of an actual plutonium explosion, the reactors remain open to the air and will continue to “fission and release radionuclides for years unless something drastic is done.”

Dr. Busby noted a precedent for the dire scenario now unfolding – a nuclear explosion at a plutonium production reprocessing plant in the former Soviet Union in 1957.

The incident at the Mayak facility was the second-worst nuclear accident in history after the Chernobyl disaster. The explosion released 50-100 tonnes of high-level radioactive waste and contaminated a huge territory in the eastern Urals.

The Soviets kept the explosion secret for 30 years. According to a report on the accident, about 400,000 people in the region were irradiated following the explosion and other incidents at the plant.

Ural Mountains Radiation Pollution

17 April 2011
Have the Real Cesium-137 Fallout Maps Been Hidden From the Public?

Compare these two images.

First the publicly released Cs-137 total column fallout map for 24th March. This analysis was made on 26th March.

Now the map on the server here for the same time on the same date. The key gradient is the same. This analysis was made the day before, on the 25th March.

That's right, it shows the Northern Hemisphere getting absolutely plastered with radioactive Cesium-137. If this is incorrect, why is it kept on file and not the public one?  If it is the real version, why is it not publicly released?
source.

19 April 2011
High Levels Of Caesium And Xenon Nuclear Fallout Found In Japan Radiation Forecasts Not Being Shown To The Public

We previously reported that Dutchsinse, who has been falling the Japan nuclear radiation forecasts being generated by different scientific organizations, stumbled across an entirely different set of radiation forecasts not released to the public.
more

Censored Japan Nuclear Radiation Forecasts Not Released To Public Found?

Japan nuclear radiation forecasts produced by the Norwegian Air Institute have apparently been censored and never released to the public. Here are three videos discuss these forecasts and making there existence public knowledge.
more

And this particular nugget from TEPCO:

19 April 2011
Current Status at Fukushima Daiichi
Workers have been struggling to prevent a nuclear disaster at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.

Here's the current status of each of the six reactors. 
Last updated April 19, 2011.

20 April 2011
Comparison Of Censored And Uncensored Japan Fukushima Nuclear Radiation Fallout Forecast

Cover-up of Japan Fukushima Nuclear Radiation Fallout Forecasts Exposed!
We previously reported on the steady concentrated stream of Nuclear radioactive fallout heading toward the US and Canada.

We now have for the first time a side-by-side evaluation of two radiation fallout forecasts. On the left is the censored version released to the public downplaying the levels of radiation spreading around the world. On the right is the same uncensored forecast.

And now for something completely different:

27 April 2011

presents

America's Worst Nukes

Poorly-regulated nuclear power plants had 13 'near-misses' in 2010.

This is a great photo-essay put together by Rolling Stone Magazine and well-worth the read.

Arkansas Nuclear One
Owner: Entergy
Near-miss: Security problems prompted the NRC to conduct a special investigation.
Details not publicly available.

Source: Union of Concerned Scientists, The NRC and Nuclear Power Plant Safety
more

And that, my friends, were some highlights from April, 2011.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

interesting ...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Build a damn foundation Fill the sum B**** with Cement Than Surround the structure with lead and steel then come up with a better idea on containment instead of poisoning the world. This is a bigger fiasco than the gulf spill... honestly what with man made and natural disasters, shtf sooooon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join