It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: It's much worse than you think (al-jazeera)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...

''Scientific experts believe Japan's nuclear disaster to be far worse than governments are revealing to the public.''

"Fukushima is the biggest industrial catastrophe in the history of mankind," Arnold Gundersen, a former nuclear industry senior vice president, told Al Jazeera.

"Fukushima has three nuclear reactors exposed and four fuel cores exposed," he said, "You probably have the equivalent of 20 nuclear reactor cores because of the fuel cores, and they are all in desperate need of being cooled, and there is no means to cool them effectively."

"We have 20 nuclear cores exposed, the fuel pools have several cores each, that is 20 times the potential to be released than Chernobyl," said Gundersen. "The data I'm seeing shows that we are finding hot spots further away than we had from Chernobyl, and the amount of radiation in many of them was the amount that caused areas to be declared no-man's-land for Chernobyl. We are seeing square kilometres being found 60 to 70 kilometres away from the reactor. You can't clean all this up. We still have radioactive wild boar in Germany, 30 years after Chernobyl."

Just read the article...It is written in a very conservative manner, but even so, we can realize how ##SNIP## we are.
Fukushima disaster cannot be contained, it will be the cancer of our planet.

Talk about 2012? Many won't need to wait until then...
edit on Thu Jun 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags added + Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No one has ever said Fukishima is worse than they say.

Good news, Thanks!

Lets hope in future, people read this thread and dont duplicate it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

just keep watching the football or whatever sport blows your hair back and it will all go away it may take over one million years but things will cool down eventually no wonder ETs wont land here they would have to be nuts !!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Interesting read and thanks for posting with care for Japan and EA. Sad test being failed by sapiens sapiens not willing to relocate other sapiens sapiens to safe zones... My LOVE is there with them and for ALL when it spreads.

Be well

edit on 6/16/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
And no mention of this on BBC news or CNN how stupid people on this planet are, maybe a news reader will start glowing green and people will take notice and as WHY!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexs
reply to post by badw0lf

just keep watching the football or whatever sport blows your hair back

Lmao, Good stuff man, I love football as much as I love being skinned alive. But no, thanks!

Good to see you have your cliques set up, and who fits where.

and it will all go away it may take over one million years but things will cool down eventually no wonder ETs wont land here they would have to be nuts !!

I really think you tried to say three things there, but where one ends, the other seems to be mid way and the end is almost like a new beginning.

Dont you just mean "You suck!" ?

think of the trees man, save electrons...
just say what your tingue means, don't dally with fancy words.

Do you think it will help if *I* make a thread about fukushima too? Detailing how it's now worse than considered? Will that absolve me of my crime? It appears you like the more than merrier approach.

Lol

JUMPING PEEPERS -- IT IS NOT NEW NEWS...

ugh... wtf is the point.
edit on 16/6/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I feel bad for Japanese sperm right now.

I'm loving the complete lack of media coverage on one of the most serious disasters in human history, that Weiner guy is way more important than the potential mutation or even destruction of the human race, he shared naked pictures!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Many knew this from the very start of the disaster....this unfortunately still will not be fact for many. For many, it's only fact when it's on CNN. Even then, when it is on MSM, people are so doped up, poisoned, fluoridated, vaccinated and chemtrailed that they won't even realize what they are hearing....

My family gets all bent out of shape when I mention radiation on US soil....my relatives are sheep.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Fukushima disaster is a Psy-Op. If you believe the official mainstream story then you're as dumb as they come. al-jazeera is mainstream news for Europe/Arabs/Muslims. They are no better than the liers & deceivers on CNN. Dutchsinse on Youtube has been traveling the country taking radiation readings with his Geiger Counters, and everywhere he went including the West Coast is showing dramatically lower readings than what the news is portraying. The radiation readings he is getting are Average or slightly above average. But nothing that shows a health risk. So how is Fukushima much worse than we think if everything the Government and Mainstream news has told us is a lie?

edit on 16-6-2011 by FadeProof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FadeProof

Oh, I see! So a little radiation is ok to breathe into the lungs and/or digest? Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X

Oh, I see! So a little radiation is ok to breathe into the lungs and/or digest? Hmmm.

According to Ann Coulter Radiation is good for you!

Relax, what is happening at Fukushima is good for us.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We breath & eat radiation everyday. We have Nuclear power plants all around us. Nuclear waste creeping into the soil and our water. Radiation beaming down on us from the Sun. These readings are Normal background radiation. It all depends on how long you are exposed at any given level. The Radiation Network website, for example, uses a threshold warning level of 100 CPM, mainly because it is unusual to observe levels of 100 or higher without something more going on in the area than just background levels. The readings are no where near 100 CPM, we arn't even at 50 CPM. So no its not a major health risk, especially since the Human body is designed to combat radiation.

Fear of Radiation is a Psi-Op By Zuerrnnovahh-Starr Livingstone
educate-yourself.org...
March 23, 2011 Fear of Radiation is a Psi-Op by ZS Livingstone (March 23, 2011)
The human body and all plants, animals and even bacteria are able to transmute one element into another. Transmutation is always happening. Radioactive isotopes are also transmuted. The textbook explanation is that the immune system removes the poison quickly. In a matter of hours, there is no radiation to be measured. The assumption is that the body eliminates the radiation in urine and feces, but tests of the eliminated matter show little radiation. The proteins and enzymes in the body are able to transmute and neutralize the toxic substances. There have been hundreds of thousands of people exposed to high levels of radiation and survived without ill health. There were people who were covered with the black rain of the fallout of Hiroshima and survived to old age without cancer. There were others who succumbed immediately and many who lingered in illness for decades. What causes this variation? There are many US Army Vets who witnessed and were exposed to the air-bursts of A-Bombs in Utah, New Mexico and Nevada and survived for decades. Again, there were variations of lifespan and quality of life. The answer to a longer survival is the lack of fear. Fear is the killer. Eliminating fear is a Zen practise. It is time all Japanese practise their old traditions and overcome all fears.

edit on 16-6-2011 by FadeProof because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Sorry, but your post doesn't make any sense! Your video showed counts per minute as being over 430!!! And the guy filming blamed it on "cotton pods?" Seriously......

I must be "dumb as they come" according to you.

And one more thing...you say media is reporting higher levels than what the guy was reading on his meters? Really? As far as I know, the media is not reporting anything!!!!!!

I can't take your post seriously. Just my "dumb" opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You forgot the point . 43.0 CPM. Not 430. If we had 430 CPM, we would all be dead. Get some research on actual radiation readings, whats good & whats bad. First of all learn how to read a Geiger counter.

We have a true patriot out taking these readings, spending his own money to travel the nation to bring us the truth about the radiation claims made by the Government and you're saying he's full of crap and doesn't know what he's talking about? What a way to support your fellow Country-man who are doing their part to help combat the lies & fear.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It looked like there was no point there. But that aside, I still don't agree with your "facts."

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Actually, I just watched it again. The guy says 400. Not 40.0. And there is no period there.
Just sayin....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'd accept the fact of someone actually doing readings and posting results, over someone who simply copy and pastes the most grim, "woe is us we are doomed" blog babble they can find, and sensationlist youtube videos.

There are people taking reading in Tokyo who are getting next to normal readings - let alone the ones taken in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Saying this in the news would make such a big mess among society and the masses. Don't count on the media to report this. The consequences would be catastrophic. I understand it is what should be done but TPTB knows exactly what would happen and so, they won't until they have a gun barrel over their head, even at this point ...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I want you to know that I DO appreciate people taking responsibility and taking readings for themselves. I'm not bashing that part at all. I just don't agree with your assessment that radiation is expelled from the body and that the radiation from Fukushima is not a danger to us.

I think I read somewhere that there were 1 million deaths worldwide from the Chernobyl incident. And Fukushima is far worse than Chernobyl.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FadeProof
We breath & eat radiation everyday. We have Nuclear power plants all around us. Nuclear waste creeping into the soil and our water. Radiation beaming down on us from the Sun. These readings are Normal background radiation.
You're comparing apples and oranges. Inhaled "hot particles" pose a different kind of risk than background radiation. The US nuclear regulatory commission gave me a license to handle radioactive materials which gave me probably double the exposure I'd get from background alone, and I felt that was maybe slightly risky but still pretty safe, especially since people in Denver get more than that and it doesn't seem to be killing them.

But I don't want to breathe in any "hot particles", that's a totally different and more dangerous kind of exposure, which Arnie Gunderson explains in this video, particularly at around 3 minutes into the video:

Hot Particles From Japan to Seattle Virtually Undetectable when Inhaled or Swallowed(Video)

Original estimates of xenon and krypton releases remain the same, but a TEPCO recalculation shows dramatic increases in the release of hot particles. This confirms the results of air filter monitoring by independent scientists. Fairewinds' Arnie Gundersen explains how hot particles may react in mammals while escaping traditional detection. Reports of a metallic taste in the mouth, such as those now being reported in Japan and on the west coast, are a telltale sign of radiation exposure.
Gunderson is the same nuclear engineer referenced in the OP. And I find him to be quite credible.

Watch that video and see if it clears up why breathing in hot particles is different than being exposed to external radiation. Does it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join