It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contraceptive Implant and shtf situation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

You can remove it yourself as long as the strings are able to be gotten hold of, one of the complications with having a IUD is that sometimes it can embed itself into the uterus wall. Unless adverse complications arise then it will be okay to leave it in place. Obviously this would effect the chances of becoming pregnant, something I would rather not think about is becoming pregnant with one of these devices in place. Lets hope this scenario never becomes reality.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Forgive the short and poorly formatted reply, I am responding from my phone. It probably wouldn't have to be removed right away. I would be very concerned about infection from trying to remove it myself. I am glad I take the pill and that I have a year supply on hand! In highly stressful situations, as I imagine shtf would be, getting pregnant would not be an easy feat. The female body is designed in such a way that if times are hard (scarce food, low body fat percentage, exreme physical activity, etc) ovulation ceases which also causes menstruation to cease. When life gets easier again, food gets better, body fat increases-ovulation will resume.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Many interesting replies here.

I know that the drug company rep says that the implants are easy to remove. I've never had to remove one myself, but from what I've read, not everyone's body handles the implants the same way. In some cases, it may be as easy as feeling for the implants and making a small cut near the end and pulling them out. For some people, the body encases the implant in a think fibrous sheath (protection?). These are a little harder to get out because the fibrous sheath can get connected to the underlying tissues and to the implants making a little more work to separate it and get the implants out.

As for getting an IUD out, it's just a matter of looking for the small wire attached to the IUD that should be sticking out of the cervix. Just grab that with forceps (surgical-type pliers, basically) and pull it out.

Now about natural condoms; they were made from sheep intestines, not stomachs. There's a closed-off-tube end of the large intestines near where the small intestines connect on. That's what can be used as the condom -- after it's all cleaned out. I suppose you wouldn't have to use sheep exclusively, but maybe that long pouch end might be more comon in herbivorous animals.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

Good post but please do not underestimate the seriousness of removal of a IUD. If its not done correctly or there are complications with it's removal you could cause a massive hemorrhage or infection and in a PAW/SHTF scenario these are going to be unbelievably hard to treat.

In an ideal world, yes you can just 'pull the string' but since when has this world been ideal?

edit on 21-6-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Never ever ever get anything like that implanted into your body! When I was young and dumb I got the IUD. Oh how I paid for it. after a few months my body rejected it. Not as bad as natural birth, but painful none the less. after that I did some reading up and found out how dangerous these things really are. if you aren't planning on having kids/more kids, do what I did and get your tubes tied. Then you won't have to worry about birth controll.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stinavamp

A natural form of birth control people have used for a long time and still do is wild carrot seed (Daucus carota) aka queen anne's lace, birds nest. Its a wide spread weed that grows in fields and ditches, has an umbel (circular flat-ish collection of white flowers at the top) and you can use the seeds or flowers in tea or chew them after intercourse to prevent pregnancy, but it can sometimes be an abortative if you're already pregnant, which might be harmful if you're in a survival situation. And you'd want to be sure to get the correct identification from a botanical description and pictures. And something funny, they always show this plant on the show Teen Mom 2 when transitioning scenes, I don't know if they do this on purpose or not, but its strange.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join