It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone identify this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www2.crl.go.jp...

It shows up around the 70th frame. It confuses me, I don't pretend to know a whole lot about space. Is it the moon or a planet?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
looks like a moon perhaps?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I would also agree. It looks like a moon, and apears to move too slowly to be a comet.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Nice find

I am wondering if these images have anything to do with part of a press release made yesterday about the glow that Cassini is seeing on Saturn's largest moon Titan....

ScienceDaily.com Full Article

Saturn's largest moon, Titan, is also shining for attention. Cassini's visual and infrared mapping spectrometer captured Titan glowing both day and night, powered by emissions from methane and carbon monoxide gases in the moon's extensive, thick atmosphere.

"Not only is Titan putting on a great light show but it is also teaching us more about its dense atmosphere," said Dr. Kevin Baines, science team member for the visual and infrared mapping spectrometer at JPL. "What is amazing is that the size of this glow or emission of gases is a sixth the diameter of the planet."

The Sun-illuminated fluorescent glow of methane throughout Titan's upper atmosphere � revealing the atmosphere's immense thickness and extending more than 700 kilometers (435 miles) above the surface, was expected. However, the nighttime glow, persistently shining over the night side of Titan, initially surprised scientists.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Interesting stuff!

I have no idea if the images in the original post in this thread are related to the above story.. but it seems possible.

Gazz

new topics

top topics

join