It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Meets With The Writers Guild For Pro-Military Direction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Conditioning-to-be at its finest. Why does the first lady need to fly to Hollywood (on our own price tag) to project a direction for the writers, producers, directors and actors in these escalating military times? Or shall I say, "humanitarian effort" times?

The first lady met with members of the writers, producers, directors and actors unions at the Writers Guild Theater to discuss Joining Forces, an initiative aimed at increasing public consciousness and support of military families.

Great, thanks for that.. I'd think the majority are all for the military families and soldiers but do we need Hollywood to make more movies about it?

Obama said she created the initiative with Jill Biden to help the nation understand “that when our country goes to war, we have families that are serving right along with them.”

So we're at war now? I thought this thing in Libya was "kinetic action". That's why congressional approval wasn't necessary, no? Or is this a tell-tale sign of what is coming (that we all already know)?

What the hell is going on here?

CNBC Link...
InfoWars Link...

Good day..
edit on 16-6-2011 by rstregooski because: title

edit on 16-6-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Merely just pandering to the Military member and families.
Just 2 faced, as anyone not living under a rock would know that the Obama's are anti-military, as 90% of their followers are.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Merely just pandering to the Military member and families.
Just 2 faced, as anyone not living under a rock would know that the Obama's are anti-military, as 90% of their followers are.

I'm confused. Anti-military? Obviously the military action right now is beyond Obama's personal say but when NATO is code for the US, why is the first lady flying to Hollywood about this?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You really don't think the Obama's are Anti-Military?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So why does the government and its messenger want to promote war through the movie industry.
So now is the guild going to wave their magical wand of holly(wood).
These druid rituals are getting old along with all the players.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

You really don't think the Obama's are Anti-Military?

I don't have enough time in my life to care or inquire on whatever the hell "the Obamas" really care or think about, just what is going on in today's world..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It is kind of the whole basis to my statement.
She is trying to pander to the Military Member and Military Families. Election cycle is coming up.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It has been my humble experience that most people (even extreme liberals) are kind and supportive of the military and families. America has been wonderfully supportive. The Obama administration has been nothing BUT non-supportive of the military and families.

Hypocracy at its finest.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
To most Americans, "pro-military" is supportive of the troops and their mission.

To most lefties, "pro-military" is an anti-war slogan, "Support the Troops, Bring them home".

What else do we expect from these progressives other than to bastardize the language? Mochelle's idea of war movies isn't John Wayne. It's a single-mother, home-alone, worried-about-everything drama.

That's what I expect anyhoo...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It has been my humble experience that most people (even extreme liberals) are kind and supportive of the military and families. America has been wonderfully supportive. The Obama administration has been nothing BUT non-supportive of the military and families.

Hypocracy at its finest.

I think the military would disagree with you. The Obama administration operates with knee jerk reactions when it comes to the military. We don't know how or when we will be used. The disorganization caused by Obamas administration is worse then under Clinton and let me tell you, Clinton was a bad era to be in the military.

Michelle Obama doesn't know anything about the military or their family. She might have visited a few families during photo ops, but she doesn't know the hardships. If she wants hollywood to be pro military family then get a military family who is struggling go to hollywood to describe what it is like.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Since I'm in, I think I should be able to judge the relationship.

I think you missed my point. The Obama admin is unsupportive, non-supportive of the military.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I guess I'll say that the point of this thread is the fact that someone from the white house has addressed the writers guild about the military. More movies like "Saving Private Ryan" or "We Were Soldiers" can definitely in some way give the masses a more supportive take on war and "defending liberty", which doesn't hardly exist anymore. Not to mention the fact that they quoted the country going to war, which still blows my mind..

I could care less about the Obama Administration.. What's going on today has got to be beyond just the WH..
edit on 16-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I read your post wrong.

I'm sure you are in the service, but I'm going on a limb and say you haven't been in long. I'm not being insulting, but you probably don't know what it was like under our last Democrat President.

While Obama is bad atleast he is ignoring us.

The Bush era in the military was great, you have absolutely no idea how wonderful the military had it under Bush.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You're cute. I think I'll keep you.

Been in since '81.

S'okay though, I get what you mean.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yea I kind of figured I would get a reply saying you been in for a long time.

Such is the kind of thing one can expect when on the internet.

30 years huh? That would either make you a colonel who is about to retire based on the militarys mandatory retirement requirement or a CSM who is about to retire based on the militarys mandatory retirement requirement.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

How about a major that was out for a while and switched from Air Force to Army.
I tried to be nice, but since you're going the "yeah sure, whatever" route, I'll bid you adieu.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No need to get snippy just because I'm not buying your brand.

Based on your emotions I almost believe that you are an officer, they are an emotional bunch when questioned.

adios "sir".

top topics

join