It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona schools chief says Tucson district's ethnic studies program violates state law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Arizona schools chief says Tucson district's ethnic studies program violates state law

www.cumberlandnewsnow.com

PHOENIX - The Arizona state schools chief said Wednesday that an ethnic studies program in Tucson is violating a new state law by advocating ethnic solidarity among Latinos and promoting resentment toward white people.

included passages such as:

"We will now see the real forces behind this so-called 'manifest destiny.' We will see how half of Mexico was ripped off by trickery and violence," according to a quote from a source called "American History from a Chicana/o Perspective,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is outrageous. They will not fund a program that promotes hatred. There is no way that the tax payers of this country should be funding an educational program that promotes racial solidarity of any group, which only seeks to further isolate them from the mainstream of society.

How about a program that teaches real modern Mexican history? Lets talk about the real reasons that Mexico, though thick with natural resources is a failed state.

Teach the kids why so many folks want to leave Mexico in the first place. Teach them about the systemic corruption, the violence, massive poverty, the nepostism in government and the private sector, the integration of the cartels and all branches of the government. Teach them about the racism towards Central Americans rampant in Mexico. Let them learn the full story, not this agtiprop which is only meant to solidify a political voting base and play towards liberal, multi-cultural elites and race baiters.

If these folks are so interested in providing a rich learning environment where Latinos can learn about their heritage, teach them all of their history.

These kinds of classes deserve no public support and to the extent that parents want their kids to receive that instruction, they should find other forums to provide it.

www.cumberlandnewsnow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Teach the kids why so many folks want to leave Mexico in the first place. Teach them about the systemic corruption, the violence, massive poverty, the nepostism in government and the private sector, the integration of the cartels and all branches of the government.

YES YES YES.

Teach them all about the evils of the Mexican government.

But don't tell them that the American government was the root of the problems and evils! That would only encourage them! Don't tell them how US agencies transport guns to Mexican cartels in change for drugs! Don't tell them any of that, they might get a balanced perspective!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

There's more to it than that. Many of these so called "educational" programs advocate the overthrow of the US government through violence. They advocate violence and resentment toward anyone with light skin. This isn't education it's indoctrination.

When I came to this country it was to be an American. Am I aware of US mistakes in Central America? Yes. Do I think we should be teaching racial intolerance and violent government overthrow in US schools over it? Hell no.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

The Mexicans have the upper hand in all of this business and they know it. If they get pissed off enough, they will force a couple of million Mexicans to storm the border and there is absolutely nothing that the US, its people or its government would do to stop it. The only way to stop it would be to essentially treat that as an act of war, which would not happen. The folks would be unarmed and all you could do would be to put them into camps. If the Mexican government refused to take them back, which they would, what do you do then? Create a desert Gitmo? The Mexican government has already been shown to actually provide facilitation to its citizens who wish to enter the US illegally. False IDs, maps, directions to safe houses, transportation to sanctuary cities.

Once more the US has fiddled while this problem burned and instead of having a secure border against a failed state is stuck with bribing the Mexican government.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

There's more to it than that. Many of these so called "educational" programs advocate the overthrow of the US government through violence. They advocate violence and resentment toward anyone with light skin. This isn't education it's indoctrination.

This is rich coming from someone in the military? Excuse me I have to let out a lol.

When I came to this country it was to be an American. Am I aware of US mistakes in Central America? Yes. Do I think we should be teaching racial intolerance and violent government overthrow in US schools over it? Hell no.

Who cares about the US government anymore? It's over, done with. You are crumbling. This is because of your actions in other nations. You can NEVER demand these people to not do these things while you are out bombing the living # out of other countries. NEVER. Sure you can act as if it offends you. But to say they can't advocate anything against the US government is just rich and hilarious.

I agree though, teaching intolerance is not okay. But obviously, your government put you guys in a situation. And instead of thinking and solving this situation the people decide to divide themselves. Pretty self explanatory considering the fact that the majority of people do not question those feeding them their ideologies.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I can't even be bothered to reply to your fear mongering.

You're honestly talking about a Mexican invasion? Are you blind to the NAU? Are you blind to how the US is planning to annex Mexico? Do you know how they want to do this? Go read some more before you decide that brown people hate you because they get taught this in schools.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

When I hear arguments like this, I am reminded of a passage from "A Line in the Sand: The Alamo in Blood and Memory" between hispanic family and a UT grad student who was preaching the evils of what the Alamo stood for when the father of the hispanic family, a CPA by prodession, retorted:

At that point the Anglo graduate student arrived at the chapel door. He asked “Why are you even hear today? Don’t you know what this place stands for? It represents the rape and destruction of your people.” Looking just the least bit annoyed, the Hispanic man politely replied, “We’re not so bad off you know”. The Anglo student was persistent, “You don’t understand, you just don’t understand”. The CPA stopped short. “Escucheme, bolillo [Listen to me, white bread], “ He said sharply, ”If Santa Ana would have won the war, this whole city would be a $hithole just like Reynosa. Soy tejano [I’m a Texan]. Mind your own goddamn business. Its my Alamo too.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

1st. How does me being in the military invalidate my comment? Or are you just lashing out in an illogical sense because you hate everything American?

Secondly, what makes it ok for US schools funded by taxpayer dollars to teach CHILDREN to hate white people and to overthrow the US government?

This isn't just teaching Mexican children(which doesn't make it any better). This is also teaching American kids that this sort of thing is ok.
edit on 16-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

1st. How does me being in the military invalidate my comment? Or are you just lashing out in an illogical sense because you hate everything American?

You know, indoctrination. How fitting that it went over your head.

Secondly, what makes it ok for US schools funded by taxpayer dollars to teach CHILDREN to hate white people and to overthrow the US government?

Nothing makes it okay as two wrongs don't make a right. But you can't stop it. It'll continue on and on until you stop asking for it. I'm wondering why these schools aren't shut down, really. But then again, a truckload of public schools indoctrinate kids. I suggest reforming education.

This isn't just teaching Mexican children(which doesn't make it any better). This is also teaching American kids that this sort of thing is ok.

Well, American kids have been taught so many things were okay in the past, while they were really not. Some of them figured out those things were not okay because they sat down and thought.

I'm just wondering why you are so fearful about this? It's harsh but can't you take a little bit of your own medicine?

edit on 16-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yay! yet ANOTHER US basher!

Im so glad we are the cause of all your problems. I am so glad that instead of standing up and taking responsibility for choices made by others, those very same others want to blame the US. Get over it and get off your soap box. Where ever you are from (to scared to put your location up?) it's no better than my country and my government. Better look internally before you start throwing rocks in your glass condo...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

The US annex Mexico? I'm sure thats right around the corner.

The US has enough with hell holes like Detroit, Memphis and Baltimore that it does not know what to do with. I doubt that it will annex one thats 761,000 square miles in size with a per capita income of $14,200/year or roughly 1/3 of that of the US.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Excuse me, but if I were in my own country and I'd make a stand against the US imperialism I'd be hanged by the very government you support.

So until you figure out what you are talking about. Until you figure out the scope of this problem, you pretty much will remain clueless.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I haven't been indoctrinated into believing anything by the Army. So your argument is invalid.

Secondly, if I had kids I wouldn't want them learning this kind of BS. I don't know why you seem to think this is all fine and dandy.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is one thing I never understood about the Mexican-American community.

They bust-ass getting across the border in search of a "better life" (read: because Mexico is NOT a nice place to exist in) yet once here, all their nationalism is directed back towards Mexico.

What am I missing?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Excuse me, but if I were in my own country and I'd make a stand against the US imperialism I'd be hanged by the very government you support.

So until you figure out what you are talking about. Until you figure out the scope of this problem, you pretty much will remain clueless.

Thats rich. My government would hang you for standing you against them in YOUR country? Dude, you forgot your meds this morning. So what country are you from Zamini? Would it be one of those that cuts off both your hands for stealing? Or perhapes one of them that makes you marry off your 6 year old daughter to a 45 year old prince? I hope you dont cut easily because you sure are breaking all your glass....
edit on 16-6-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I haven't been indoctrinated into believing anything by the Army. So your argument is invalid.

Sure you haven't.

Secondly, if I had kids I wouldn't want them learning this kind of BS.

No, you'd want them to learn military BS instead. Same guns, different aim.

I don't know why you seem to think this is all fine and dandy.

I don't. However, I do think it is inevitable. And it's only going to get worse.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You don't know anything about me dude.

You obviously don't know anything about the US Army either.

You're making this about me when it is in fact a thread about Tucson school district ethics study program. I would suggest you go back to the topic.
edit on 16-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

They bust-ass getting across the border in search of a "better life" (read: because Mexico is NOT a nice place to exist in) yet once here, all their nationalism is directed back towards Mexico.

What am I missing?

They are not respected as equal human beings in the new country. In turn this leads to the stumping of individual mental development and in turn that leads to the glorifying of the old.

Besides, a little love for where you're from is never wrong. However, this being taught in schools is extremely wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
This is one thing I never understood about the Mexican-American community.

What am I missing?

Indeed! 'Americans Stole Our Land' - AZ Senator Reads Shocking Letter from Teacher.
When the kids were asked why they wouldn't say the pledge of alegience, they responded: "We are Mexicans, Americans stole our land."
Most of the students stated that they were in the land illegally, said that white Americans are racist, they came here for a better life, said that Americans better learn their spanish and their customs because they were going to take their land back from us..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join