It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Heard of Dr. Peter Beter? No? Well Here Is Why!! Please Read W/Open Mind.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So...in short.

I came across the audioletters on the web in the year 1994 at some Cosmis Awareness newsletter.
Whole serie then I found later on that year and it was posted on the net by: Jon Volkoff
www.freedos.org... (Author ? of the bwbasic).
As I remember I also got from him spanish version of the Dr. Beter Birds Eye View.

And this was the place where I found them (now does not work anymore...as I see)
www.etext.org...

More info I posted to Kandinsky Mod Edit - Removed members personal email address...perhaps he will post it later on.
Please investigate it in more depth. I am quiet happy that finally there is some rediscovery of Dr. Beter on the net.
He deserves that.
Keep searching.

Regards

Matej

Mod Note - please do not post members personally identifiable information on the forum

edit on 20-6-2011 by PeterDavidBeter because: Added more info

edit on 20/6/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/6/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Apologies if already mentioned, but i couldn't help thinking that Peter Beter had been inspired by the Bond movies:

A russian spaceship taking a smaller Japanese one into it's cargo bay = You Only Live Twice...

Fort Knox being poisoned by plutonium = Goldfinger...

Space - to - Earth weaponized particle beams = Diamonds Are Forever...

Are there any more?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Found another obituary, from Washington Post and more detailed than St Petersburg Times.

Zaire Sodesmir SPRL, years of university degrees and a new 3rd university where he lectured(Georgetown Foreign Service, might be sfs.georgetown.edu).

Provides different name for wife, Lillian Fink.

Obituary 2 -- No Title
The Washington Post (1974-Current file); Mar 15, 1987;
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1994)
pg. B4

pdf jjjtir.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/wpostobituary.pdf

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Earlier someone posted that a copy of the book was available at Rowan University...

Does anyone have a link to that, or recalls what page it was on? i've been skimming through and haven't been able to find it again yet...

My brother is enrolled there and I want to see if i can have him dig the book out for me, and if not I'll be heading back home in a couple weeks for a friends wedding and I'll see about getting the book myself

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Great find.
A lot to chew through but it looks very interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I was going to come back to this thread and say that all we need is an actual copy of this book from the properly dated print date.

Don't know why people say there is nothing on the internet about this fella, a simple book search returned many results.

I decided to google the book title and came back with an ebay auction for the price of $9 IN the USA. The seller has a 100% feedback rating of 2759.

Another result
The book is available @ Rowan University:

Main Library - 3rd floor
Call Number: HG3881.B475 1973
Copy 1 Available |
catalog.lib.rowan.edu...

edit on 17-6-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

There you go, hope your brother can go borrow this book and compare it to the 'online version'

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Thanks for that! I just emailed him hopefully he will get his useless butt over there and do this.

I'll let you know what happens

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hello, to all involved,

I have been thinking quite a bit about our dear Dr. Peter Beter, as I am sure all of you have. This has been a great thread and I hold it as only #2, in my opinion, to the Jerusalem UFO thread which was my introduction to ATS.

This was the mellowest, most evenly developed collaboration of members I have seen yet. I know our power must be making some feet quake in boots. Congratulations to ATS and the OP.

I would like to share some of my thoughts in the hopes of bringing a slightly different perspective to all this.

I have noticed that some of the posts here became immediately concerned with the ‘veracity’ of some of Dr. Beter’s statements from his audio logs.

What I am interested in, ATS, is whether it really matters whether or not what he is saying is ‘true’ or ‘accurate’ or a representative example of what is happening in the world?

I am suggesting that maybe it is more important now, in our post-post-modern era, to look upon these documents as the possible source that Dr. Beter’s successors have used to keep us all in thrall of all of this conspiracy stuff.

Beter obviously had a gift for spinning these particular types of tales. I gather from posts on this thread that it has been difficult to verify Beter’s professional career this does not surprise me a bit as I personally see him as more of a writer of a particular class of fiction rather than as I career politician and public servant.

Which brings me to another point I would like to make; our post-post-modern perspective should now allow us to begin to look at all of this conspiracy ‘literature’ as a genre of fiction and not as a bunch of truth, hidden in lies, that needs to be ferretted out in order to save us from some perceived calamity.

I am suggesting that he (Beter) may be looked at as the possible source of the ‘Conspiracy Fashion Trend’ that has produced the likes of John Todd, William Cooper and of course, Alex Jones.

This is terribly self-centered but I cannot help but wonder if any of my fellow members have wondered how I knew to go to John Todd and Jack Chick? Well I’ll tell you; I can remember being ten in the seventies and the Jack Chick tracts being everywhere. My favorites were the ones with the occult themes (go figure, huh?). I can also remember at the same time that it was very popular to try and scare your friends and others by telling them that you were a witch from a ‘generational family’ of ‘witches’.

Uh, huh. And where did that ‘meme’ come from? John Todd.

It would be well worth the effort of any member to go to the Jack Chick website and look through some of these tracts. The things have been ubiquitous since the 70s but there may be some who haven’t seen them before.

These tracts, or little comic books, are in my opinion, one of the biggest sources of fear mongering that produced a particular type of religious paranoia in the 70’s that included things like ‘The Exorcist’ and playing ‘Bloody Mary’ in the mirror of a darkened bathroom. It seemed to culminate in the 80s with the ‘Satanic Panic’ (which I believe could not have happened without John Todd).

So I knew where to go look immediately. Because over the years I have not been able to come to any other conclusion than that Todd, Cooper and Jones are a bunch of role-playing fantasists. As far as I can tell Alex Jones is just the most successful example of this stuff being commodified.

So if they knew about Beter and (had) have been cannibalizing his material then why would any of them want his stuff to be discovered? Why had Cooper and now Jones never mentioned Dr. Peter Beter? It seems to me that Jones could make weeks of airplay out of exposing and discussing ‘Dr. Peter D. Beter, Patriot’.

So I hope that makes sense. That is where my personal paranoia and suspicion lie.

I think it might be more fruitful to examine Beter’s work with an eye for how Cooper and then Jones’ rap jibes with Beter. That is what I am going to be looking for. I am going to be looking for stylistic comparisons.

Also, I believe that if we all give it some thought we will remember some of these ‘Beterisms’ that I think of as pre-internet ‘memes’ from the 70’s and 80’s; like robotoids.

And finally I think that the member that had the stunning sense of perspicacity and compared ‘Beterisms’ to plot devices from Bond movies is a very large thinker. It is probably not too far off to compare Beter to Ian Fleming.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

There is most probably some influence to be found. However, it seems extremely far-fetched to think that every modern conspiracy theorist is engaging in their own shared conspiracy of burying all mention of Beter. It seems far more likely that most CTers today don't mention him simply because they, like most of us before this thread, haven't heard of him.

For the sake of argument, forget whether these people are honest or lying.

There are a great deal of sources of alleged highly-classified information. Vast majority of these sources are anonymous, the dime-a-dozen "I worked on a secret military base... on Mars..." claims. Then you get ex-military personnel, or ex-whatever claiming to have worked on classified projects. Then you get real declassified documents about bizarre activity. There's an entire ocean of claims, with a full spectrum of credibility, constantly churning out there.

There's no need to focus on one particular guy who made some fantastic-sounding claims back in the 60s/70s, if controversial material is your goal. It's everywhere.

And because some of this stuff has turned out to be true, it seems even less likely that all of it is the progeny of a single body of fiction.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I agree with many of your points and questions. What struck me reading the transcripts of his audio books was how much of the supposed information sounded as if it were written somewhat recently.
For example:

Russian Space weapons - air quakes/rumbing? On December 2, 1977, the third leg of Russia’s space triad announced its presence to our surprised leaders. On that day tremendous air quakes—loud blasts in the atmosphere—began rolling in from the sea along America’s east coast. In Audio Letter No. 29 I described the amazing Russian Hovering Platforms responsiblefor these blasts. Like the other two legs of the Russian space triad, these Hovering Platforms—called Cosmospheres by the Russians—are armed with charged particle beam-weapons

Sounds a bit like the recent "rumblings in the sky" and "hum noises" threads of late.

Or this:

Businesses large and small will be nationalized as the Bolsheviks take over America’s means of production; The banks will be closed, cutting off access of millions of people to their life savings; Both corporate and private farms, ranches, orchards, and vineyards will be taken away from their owners nation-wide and collectivized;

TARP bailouts/ China /Food Safety and Modernization Act anyone?

Very few Americans even thought about gold in 1973, so the plans I exposed in my book for gold prices to shoot up past $200 an ounce sounded ridiculous to many; but today, who among us is unaware of the daily news reports about astronomical gold prices? For example, in those early tapes I revealed the plans of the late David Rockefeller and his intimates for gold to reach $2,000 an ounce

How would he have been able to almost precisely predict the current price of Gold?

The audio books make for great reading. For the sake of argument let's say this guy and all these memes are authentic. How would he have had access to all this "super-secret" information? He seemed to know everything that was going on and the agendas and people behind them. I don't care how many people you know or informants you have, it is highly improbable that anyone (even the President) would have had access to all this information including the exact sites of underwater nuclear missiles and locations of airplane crashes at sea.

Perhaps the man was authentic but once his intentions were known a deliberate effort was made to feed him false and patently ridiculous information in an attempt to make the man discredit himself (Battle of the Harvest moon/ robotoids, etc)

I am more and more inclined to believe that Beter was real, he did write the books claimed and also the audio books but that his existence and information have been the subject of a campaign to wipe out and discredit both the man and his writings that began with his original accusations about the Gold not being in Fort Knox.
That is the only angle to this that makes any sense at all to me. Dr. Beter's work is having a renaissance because of exposure on the web and there is a strong possibility that well-hidden inside this mountain of material lie certain facts that may be of crucial importance, covered by layers of disinformation and intentional hoaxes.

Frater: I wholeheartedly agree with you about the level of cooperation and collective research that has been done here is first rate and a shining example of what the best of ATS is about. Kudos to all involved.

edit on 21-6-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That is the only angle to this that makes any sense at all to me. Dr. Beter's work is having a renaissance because of exposure on the web and there is a strong possibility that well-hidden inside this mountain of material lie certain facts that may be of crucial importance, covered by layers of disinformation and intentional hoaxes.

Heya, AskTheAnimals.

That is exactly what has my antennae up. Dr. Beter's work may reveal the hidden ring-master behind the 'conspiracy three-ring circus'.

In terms of this being 'fiction', my mind keeps coming back to Stephen King. King was heavily influenced by Lovecraft (as are many authors of a certain type of horror fiction) and he readily gives kudos to Lovecraft as an influence. But I can't imagine Todd or Cooper or Jones ever saying, "Yeah, good old, Peter Beter, where would the conspiracy theory business be without him"?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has noticed how the images of Beter are slightly reminiscent of images of 'Bob' from the 'Church of the Sub-Genius'. His image lends itself awfully well to his name and the subject matter he is connected to and he looks just like what we might expect Beter to look like. The image comes across as a an eidolon of sorts. Makes me suspicious.

I think this recent thread from member CIAGypsy suggests the same sentiment that I have been feeling about all of this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, yeah, this is a good one. But today I am wondering if maybe these threads (as in sweater) are not a little too conveniently placed for pulling.

Anyhow, good stuff the likes of which I haven't seen in many years. This should keep us all busy for a while. Or not; this is ATS

Thanks for getting back.

F210.

P.S. Everyone go Google Image search Dr. Peter Beter. It can be seen that we (ATS) is (are) running the Peter Beter show right now. We Rule. Others Drool. Best in the West. Please Don't Test.

P.S.S. God, it just occurred to me that 'Peter Beter' may be a consortium of writers of sorts. What a perfect name for a group of writers that produce conspiracy material for mass consumption. Like a Heironymous Bosch workshop for generating conspiracy memes. I would not be surprised to somehow discover this here with all the rest of you at the 'End of Time'.

P.S.S.S. I never in my life thought that I would post anything anywhere about 'Jesuits'. They are not in fashion, after all, any 'conspiracy clout' these guys had seems to have left with the 80s. But here I go anyway (gee, thanks, Dr. Beter).

Isn't this Dr. Peter Beter 'operation' just the kind of thing that one has come to expect from 'meddling Jesuits' or 'The Wandering Bishops'? One might be led to that conlusion by reading Levenda and others. Just sayin'. Beter seemed to have it out for the Jesuits. Pretty ironic.

edit on 21-6-2011 by Frater210 because: Oh,no! Jesuits!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OK. I have called the West Virgina Division of Culture and History, concerning an event that was confirmed happened, and I called about the footage, I have to call back in an hour.

[Division News...
Archives and History Library to present “Archives and History Movie Night: Footage from the Collection” lecture on June 7

May 27, 2011

The West Virginia Archives and History Library of the West Virginia Division of Culture and History will host its next after-hours lecture from 6 - 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 7. The session, titled “Archives and History Movie Night: Footage from the Collection,” will be presented by Richard Fauss, audio-visual archivist for archives and history. The program will take place in the archives library at the Culture Center, State Capitol Complex in Charleston. All sessions are free and the public is invited to attend. The library will close at 5 p.m. and reopen at 5:45 p.m., for participants only.

Fauss will showcase common types of audio-visual formats used in home and professional productions. He will provide basic advice on the care of 8- and 16-millimeter film and the difficulties that can be encountered with videotape when it gets old and sticky.

Scenes from the 1932 documentary film Charleston, Beautiful on the Kanawha, directed by hometown son Blundon Wills will be shown. Fauss also will show home movies of Robert F. Kennedy and footage from the 1968 presidential campaign in West Virginia, including the media encounter with Peter D. Beter, a Republican candidate for governor who was a staunch admirer of Democrat George Wallace. Some recently restored 2-inch video footage of singer/songwriter Lionel Cartwright when he was 19 years old and Grant County fiddlers Israel and Tom Welch also can be seen. Many of these selections have not been seen in 30 years.
www.wvculture.org...

It CLEARLY states that they have and showed footage of a media encounter with Peter Beter. I figure that if this confirms that he existed, and have video (which I cannot find online), we may be able to see what he looks like and compare to what we have.

As SOON as I get in touch with them, I will write what I heard.
Thanks again everyone for being so patient. If we can prove at least this 1 thin is legit, then everything else should fall into place.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I thought we had established he was a genuine, "real life" person?

Did I miss something?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I want to see if we can place him in the state where he claimed to had run for governor, and possibly a photo. If I get even one chance to make this super official I will take it. That means that whatever is in files dated before or after this we have a timeline, of where he was and what claims were made.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, if there is actual footage of him, with the media, that means that his name is also real, whereas I am/was leading towards a code name. Also since it is the state of WV, as opposed to a media outlet, it would help to figure out why that footage is not available.
edit on 21-6-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: to add

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A couple of images I missed (and maybe others did) on the Peter Beter index page linked to in the opening post;

Lilly Beter - June 2003

Peter Beter newspaper clipping

What I find interesting now is the cultural influence suggestion made earlier implying that Beter lifted ideas from James Bond. Similar storylines can also be found in the Dean Martin Matt Helm movies and The Man From U.N.C.L.E films and tv series.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The memes of Technology and Global Enterprise etc have been with us since the end of WW2.

Imagination brought forward curiosity and invention and new possibilities.

Dr Beter is not the mother of these particular inventions.

Nothing he describes is technically impossible for the era.

And indeed, what he describes is more like the grand plan up to 2020.

The reason the Economic patterns fit, is because they were indeed planned 30-40 yrs ago, as revealed by Eustace Mullins.

The genetic stuff fits as a future projection of technical development.

I think Dr Beter was getting info from the Grand Planners/War-gamers/Strategists as well as Political and financial insiders.

He would definitely be informed about Gold etc in his own position as Counsel of the US Import/Export Bank.

I don't think Beter invented anything to spice things up, we all know black projects do exist.

I would like to find some kind of link to Kissinger and Brzezinski via the Import/Export Bank as well as a few others.

Cosmic...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I happened to do a search of "Kissinger and Brzezinski via the Import/Export Bank" and this is what I got. BTW, the SALT I and SALT II treaties are mentioned here, as they were in Beter's audio files.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
Spanning three administrations, Minutes of Meetings of the National Security
Council: Fourth Supplement reproduces the agendas, minutes, and discussion
summaries of NSC meetings between January 1969 and December 1979. The NSC
meeting minutes record the time and location of all meetings, along with a list of NSC
members and others present. Guided by three strong-minded national security
advisers—Henry A. Kissinger, Brent Scowcroft, and Zbigniew Brzezinski—the
National Security Council helped set U.S. foreign policy during the Vietnam War, the
Arab-Israeli conflict, and the Strategic Arms Limitation Talks (SALT I and SALT II).
This collection largely consists of documents covering U.S. policy alternatives in
Vietnam, international response to events in the Middle East, and East-West
relations in the context of SALT negotiations.

www.lexisnexis.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

What I find interesting now is the cultural influence suggestion made earlier implying that Beter lifted ideas from James Bond.

My knowledge on Bond, books or film, especially the older ones is very limited, non-existant, infact. But i was under the impression that it was the oppossite, that the ideas for bond came from Dr. Beter...

Gonna have to look into some dates of these

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Just wanted to update that I was unable to get through, but I will try again tomorrow. I also sent an email. I did verify that the event happened, I am hoping that they will post it on YT as they have an account.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join