It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Heard of Dr. Peter Beter? No? Well Here Is Why!! Please Read W/Open Mind.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I am glad that the thread is still going strong. I am aware that we were side tracked a bit, and I wanted to start with the first audio file. Which would be the Ft. Knox gold scandal. First I wanted to see if Dr. Beter could be found anywhere concerning this, bring that to the table, and then further look into the scandal its self.

Here is audio letter 1 www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
This is the first topic.

This is what I found concerning Dr. Beter, his knowledge and possible whistle blowing in the scandal, who he was involved with or spoke and interacted with during this scandal, and of course where the story can be found.

BTW, from here on I will be adding links, but only quoting info about Dr. Beter, and associates, not full articles. ATS can read as they chose and at their own discretion. Thank you.

1974: THE FORT KNOX GOLD STORY

Part of it [the gold], he [Beter] said, was flown to Mexico on the Rockefeller family jet that carried Henry and Nancy Kissinger on their honeymoon earlier this year.

Beter also said that a source he did not name told him some of the treasure at Ft. Knox had been replaced with lead bars painted to resemble gold.

Beter said he wanted a grand jury to investigate the whole affair. He said he was willing to reveal to a grand jury his sources and such information as the name of a "four-star general" who ordered the secret gold convoys to roll and is "now in hiding in his house."

But Beter indicated he had little faith in any congressional investigation. He said of congressmen, "Their reputation is lower than whale manure. They can be reached."

Only Rep. John R. Rarick (D-La.) "has stood by me," Beter said. An aide to Rarick said his boss did not necessarily endorse Beter's charges but did think they should be investigated.

"Even wilder charges have been investigated by Congress," the aide said.

And here is a photo of the news article, mention Peter Beter in the L.A Times.

www.rumormillnews.com...

I will try to find what I can about an update of the actual scandal, but the names and people involved does help to show why this and him have remained silent for so long.

It also states that Dr. Beter was affiliated at the time, and during the scandal with a Rep. John R. Rarick (D-La.).

So I have found a little bit of confirmation concerning them both.
Guide to the Frank Purinton Papers
1970-1986

Summary: Frank Purinton (1895-1991) was an activist who sought to preserve the United States and Christianity from the "Communist-Zionist-Satanist" plot. He was active in the American Legion and the John Birch Society and published a patriotic Christian newsletter. The collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and printed materials reflecting Purinton's views.

Repository: University of Oregon Libraries
Special Collections & University Archives

1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1299
URL: libweb.uoregon.edu...

Sponsor: Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.

nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu...:/80444/xv55756

Here is a quote in the papers that mention both Rep. John Rarick, and Dr. Beter, there is some other interesting names in here too.

The Frank Purinton Collection consists of items collected and sent by him to the University of Oregon Libraries from 1977 until the mid 1980s. The collection includes materials only from this period of Purinton's life; he did not begin collecting and saving his papers until he was asked to incorporate them into the Libraries' Conservative Libertarian Archive. The collection consists of correspondence, manuscripts, articles and speeches, and a variety of printed materials.

The bulk of the correspondence consists of photocopied or re-typed letters sent to individuals or organizations by Purinton, Some original, signed letters are included., The letters are arranged alphabetically according to recipient, and dating from 1972 to 1986. Some of the correspondents include Congressman Bill Young; Ida Varanim; James Tucker, editor of The Spotlight; Reverend Robert Bruce Record; Howard B. Rand, editor of Destiny Publishers; S.C. Phillips; Congressman Claude Pepper; David Nelson; Issa Nakleh of the Palestine Arab Delegation; General Gordon Jack Mahr; Congressman Bill McCollum; L. Lee Layton, Jr.; Senator Jesse Helms; Senator Barry Goldwater; Senator John Glenn; congressman Lou Frey; Benjamin H. Freedman; Dr. Jerry Falwell; Dr.Medord Evans, Citizens Councils of America; Pastor Sheldon Emry; Pastor Vep Ellis; David Duke, Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan; George P. Dietz, editor of Liberty Bell Publications; Robert DePugh; B.G. Davis; Senator Lawton M. Chiles; President Jimmy Carter; Sally Ballard, editor of The Nitty Gritty Truth; and members of the American Legion, Nord Davis, Billy James Hargis, Robert Welch, Mrs. J. Milton Lent, Norman Vincent Peale, Senator William Proxmire. There are also a number of letters to the editor, and open letters.

Correspondence received by Purinton, arranged alphabetically by sender, includes letters from Sally Ballard; Senator Lawton Chiles; John Grady; William F. Hawk, National Adjutant of the American Legion; Senator Jesse Helms; Representative Richard Kelly, L. Lee Layton, Jr.; Congressman Claude Pepper; Representative Otis G. Pike; Paul Pulitzer; Howard B. Rand; Congressman John R. Rarick; and Ida Varani. Other correspondence includes letters from Sally Ballard to Marge Lauder, from Representative Richard Kelly to Steven T. Boyle, from Dr. Peter Beter, from Joseph B. Head to J.C. Phillips, and from Ida Varani to Judge John Felkins.

The second series in the collection includes manuscripts by Purinton. Among them are drafts of a speech delivered in 1971 dealing with the international conspiracy to destroy the United States and Christianity and establish a one-world Communist government. Also included are a 1974 essay title "Regional Government," and state-of-the-nation addresses from 1983 and 1984. An article by Purinton which was published in 1984 in The Link magazine, "reflections on Christian Beliefs: Some Scriptural Fallacies and Fancies," is also included. Other essays deal predominantly with the theme of the "Communist-Zionist-Satanist" plot and affirmations of Purinton's religious faith.

Ask you can see both are named here, so the affiliation is there, but WOW some of the other names... and agendas.
nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu...:/80444/xv55756

I will add more in a bit.
Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ExScientiaVeritas

It's behind a paywall, here it is in full. It is down the free window, so it won't display.

Deaths Elsewhere Series: deaths elsewhere
[CITY Edition]
St. Petersburg Times - St. Petersburg, Fla.
Date: Mar 17, 1987
Start Page: 13.B
Section: METRO AND STATE
Text Word Count: 399

pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/49953404.html?dids=49953404:49953404&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT

SAMUEL H. SHAPIRO, 79, the immigrant son of a cobbler who served briefly as Illinois governor in 1968, died Monday in Kankakee, Ill. Mr. Shapiro, a Democrat, replaced Otto Kerner as the state's chief executive in May 1968 when Kerner resigned to accept a federal judgeship. The following November Mr. Shapiro, known as ``Governor Sam`` for his ``nice-guy approach,`` lost to Republican Richard Ogilvie. ``I have no regrets,`` he said after the loss. ``My philosophy is, `Today is the happiest day of my life; yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may never come.' So I always look forward.``

W. STERLING COLE, 82, a former member of Congress from New York and the first director of the International Atomic Energy Agency, died of cancer Sunday in Washington, D.C. The agency was set up to help put into effect President Dwight D. Eisenhower's ``atoms-for-peace`` proposals. From 1935 to 1957 Mr. Cole, a Republican, represented New York in the U.S. House of Representatives.

PETER D. BETER, 65, an unsuccessful candidate for governor of West Virginia in 1967, died Saturday after a heart attack at his home in Bethesda, Md. During the race, Mr. Beter was known for his tuxedos and mink bow ties, a campaign song titled Do Good and Be Good, and a platform that promised sweeping reforms, many to help disabled coal miners. He collected 1,844 votes against current-Gov. Arch Moore's 106,000 in the Republican primary.

TOBIA BROWN FRANKEL, 52, the wife of Max Frankel, executive editor of the New York Times, died Monday in New York City from the effects of a brain tumor diagnosed in 1985. A teacher, editor and most recently third-year law student at Columbia University, Mrs. Frankel pursued a varied career suited to the frequent changes in her husband's assignments. She wrote articles for the Times from the Soviet Union and, after her return, a historical book, The Russian Artist. In Washington, she taught history and Russian language and was an editor for the National Jewish Monthly. In New York, she was an editor at Newsday and marketing director for the City Opera.

PAUL BLOCK JR., 75, co-publisher of the Toledo Blade, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Monterey Herald, and a nationally recognized organic chemist, died Sunday in Monterey, Calif., of complications from Alzheimer's disease. Mr. Block was the first to synthesize several hormones found in the human thyroid system.
Illustration

BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO; Caption: Samuel H. Shapiro

Copyright Times Publishing Co. Mar 17, 1987

edit on 17-6-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExScientiaVeritas

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
BTW, the guy with a YT page called Peter Beter, actually claims to be him in his 70's. So now that we have some of this sorted out, we can dissect his theories, predictions, audio files and books. I am sure that we will find some truly amazing things. This is what the thread was all about.

Peace, NRE.

If that's the case, then the Wiki article is definitely a farce since it lists Beter as having died in 1987. Then again, the link that is supposed to corroborate that point, is an obit. for SAMUEL H. SHAPIRO. Is the Wiki author trying to tell us something?

ESV

I was saying that there will be many road blocks researching this man, as there are actually people claiming to be him on FB and YT, he has 4 likes on FB. He is in fact dead. Could you imagine if Dr. Beter was alive, and then posting vid's on YT? He would be in some real problems.
I put a link as a goof to the page.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
There has to be a reason why you can get a million hits with his name, and those that have linked him, and I now have to believe NO ONE asked....anything? Anyone conspiracy, religion, news articles, reporters, come on there's something going on.

The book has a link to a publisher, I found his name (Peter Beter) in the Library of Congress (its not as typical name, so no mistakes) his books are available mostly in the UK... there's something...

Peace, NRE.

What I don't get is why aren't there more of these books out there? The book was said to be a best seller!

ESV

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

It is sufficient proof for me, that Dr. Beter's Wikipedia bio is based on some facts - he existed, worked for prominent bank, was candidate at GOP primaries, ... died of heart attack. Still when I read his Audio Letters I have feeling of cultivated Sorcha Faal of respective age. Are not we looking at traces of old PsyOps?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
This is nothing more than rubbish

If i were to believe this, then russia would have the worlds most advanced air and space technology..

Ok, reasonable point we know now that the USSR was rust held together by paint but at the time western intel allegedly believed otherwise, so if he was getting any of his info/disinfo from our intel that could explain his belief that the USSR had the kind of capabilities he spoke of.

Obviously he would come up with the same or similar theories about HAARP, the Vatican and the various big families as other researchers as he was basing his thoughts on the same info or stimuli.

To say this is "nothing but rubbish" is taking a huge chance of throwing the baby out with the bathwater unless by rubbish you mean he didn't exist and the whole story is a hoax, apparently not, or you mean he existed but he was knowingly perptrating a hoax, rather than just being wrong or making a mistake

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I followed him for quite some time until I found numerous contradictions and fraudulent claims.

Fraudulent or wrong? There's a huge difference.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad2
cultivated Sorcha Faal of respective age. Are not we looking at traces of old PsyOps?

Sorcha Faal is meant to be a rank in an ancient order, make of it what you will.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think there is a huge difference between insider information, and those that make predictions. None of this was supposed to be predictions, he never claimed that he was a psychic, or a fortune teller. He spoke of the places/people/organizations that he was aware of, and the dangers that come with the territory.

Compared to some people today who want to sell books, and give paid lectures, there is a difference when someone on the inside is talking about it, as opposed to someone on the outside making a prediction about something they never see.

To be honest, I am sure that there is much, much more to this story, who is now spreading his info (publisher/websites/articles) that I see now some of you and his work, but there were so many that didn't. I wonder how this being over looked has changed the conspiracy game.

He is mention on David Ickes site, Alex Jones, its seems like all the lets say conspiracy announcers, seem to be aware.

I will continue to add what I can concerning all of this, and I will also be searching about this man, where he came from, and try to get all the info that I can, because frankly, if he is a hoax, or someone is fraudulently making claims to his work and info, some is working REALLY hard at it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Fact is.. Most of what we think we know is only what we have been told.

For instance, people who run to Wiki for stats on things and then use it as the ultimate stave of knowledge are misguided.

From first hand experience, I can assure you that the performance figures of most fighter planes from books, wiki or other 'official sources' are largely incorrect.

Most evidence is 3rd hand at best.

Historical accounts are mostly inaccurate and have either a solitary perspective, a bias or agenda, or all of the above.

"Numbers do not lie" Yes they do, alot more than passages of text infact. They are easily manipulated.

You actually only really know what you have experienced first hand. Everything else is the word of another, truth, based on truth or a complete fabrication.

It only leaves us with researching all that we can on a given subject and applying reason and logic to our findings.

Our intuition / gut-feeling / internal lie detector is underestimated. When you have that eureka moment, that moment when everything fits and feels right, more often than not, you will have found the truth or atleast the basis of truth.

Keep an open mind.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

We find out more and more some of the real truth on ATS.....the information provided by members...helps us to expand our minds....more pieces of the truth puzzle are being added daily...for that I am grateful and glad...but...

What are any of us going to do with this information?

What can we do about it?

Will we have to be just satisfied with knowing that we are finding out the real truth...so we can prepare for what is ahead in the future?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Has anyone actually listened to any of the audio letters? Is it just me or are they read by different people...

"Hello my friends, this is Dr Beter..."

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I'm genuinely puzzled by the layers of info surrounding Beter.

Initially, it seemed like he was a fabricated CTer who had been invented in recent history. The wiki is clearly misleading and has references that are spoofed and inaccurate. The Beter website is hosting articles that are likewise misleading and obviously so.

I can't find him as an alumni of the universities he allegedly attended.

We've traced his website to some guys in Bratislava and found that books that were allegedly written by him aren't real...they just look like books and the claimed publishers don't appear to have any records of him. The Amazon pages have no reviews, high prices and no sellers with a history.

It all stinks of spoof and deception.

When I checked out the Washington Post archives, he wrote three articles in the 1950s. It seems like he also voiced opinions of a CT nature in the newspaper articles we've all found. I even found an old forum post from 1992 that mentions him.

It's hard to form a conclusion and it all smells fishy.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
... books that were allegedly written by him aren't real...they just look like books and the claimed publishers don't appear to have any records of him.

If you use AddAll there are two pages of booksellers with copies of his Conspiracy Against The Dollar available. Both paperback and hardcover. So the book appears to be for real.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thanks torsion, it seems that the company Alibris, is for rare and out of print books. I have been mostly looking through the most viewed book links.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow some interesting things have popped up since I last checked in.

What about Ron Paul continuously trying to get approval to audit Fort Knox Gold supply to no avail? Coincidence?

And are we still hung up on the existence of the book? If anybody would like to buy it from a credible seller, there is a bookseller on eBay with 2759 feedback @ 100% selling this book. So why would somebody with that track record on eBay sell a book that doesn't exist? Is he apart of the scam too?
edit on 17-6-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I decided to email the seller.

Seller information:

BookBuyers Online, San Jose, CA, USA
Reliability:
rating: not rated
Best

Questions? Contact the seller.

Asking for some sort of authenticity that this book is legit and available, as I heard it to be a myth. I will post whatever reply (if any) I get back.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I have to agree, there was just a limited amount of books available, but torsion sent a link and there were over 68 people selling the book through the U.S, they cant all be in on it.

Peace, NRE.
edit on 17-6-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: spell check

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Helps to verify his image from wikipedia/www.peterdavidbeter.com, here is a Washington Post image, accompanying an Associated Press article reprint.

Eximbank Loan Setup Debated
By Josh Fitzhugh
The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973); Dec 26, 1973;
ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Washington Post (1877-1994)
pg. C2

Picture and relevant text, see pdf for full article.

jjjtir.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/betar6.pdf

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

The catalogue of George Braziller doesn't have any Beter books.

There's mischief afoot.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join