It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just thought of this...But what a bout a petition to rename London ontario; New London ontario.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Was just thinking about about it but i was thinking so under a few facts,

London ontario was built after London england (Obviously) so why is it NOT named New london such as:

-New York
-New Hampshire
-New Orleans
-New Zealand

Also it would make it easier on things when poeple say London they wont have to say England because london will be london and New London will be Ontario.

just an idea anyone care to expand?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i'm from ontario and i'd like to say who cares?

london ontario is not even a name you hear alot nor people go there as much as the other cities

who cares good sir?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Just checked Wiki quickly to see why they would do that.

Turns out there are 7 Londons in the US!
see here

I agree with you that it's confusing for no reason. The world is getting smaller and it's not always obvious which London people are talking about.

edit on 16/6/11 by ConspiracyNut23 because: malformed url

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

my point is that we are a colony that branced off from britan and england, Why dont we respect our ancestors by calling there second acomplishment that they considered as swell a job as London england, same happend with new york but it wasnt just called york it was called new york to avoid confusion this is my point, I personaly dont care but it would help a bit wouldnt it?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
NO WAY. We've already got New London, Connecticut, on the Thames River. Too late, Canadians.

new topics

top topics

join