It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I anti-semetic? You decide.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I don't even know what to consider myself anyone...

I don't hate Jews.

I'm 19 years old.

I was born in NYC, the most diverse city in the world. A Jewish family lived above me as a child in our two family house, and I've gone to a friends barmitzfa (....), but I'm not Jewish.

A Jew has never done anything to hurt me or my family.

My great grandfather was born in Germany and was affiliated with the Nazi party when it was first founded in the early 20's, but fled to America after Hitler started coming to power, spreading his radical ideology. He wanted no part of it. Regardless, I couldn't help what my family was.

I strongly oppose the policies of Benjamin Netanyahu and Ariel Sharon.

I strongly oppose the practices and views of Zionism.

I am a fan and supporter of Ehud Barak in his attempts at peace with the Palestinians.

Am I ''anti-semetic''?

Just curious.
edit on 16-6-2011 by BiGGz because: maybe this should be moved to rant?

edit on 16-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Nope, you're anti-Zionism. These days people like to blur the line. On top of that, we aren't our families, your grandfather could have been heading a camp but it doesn't automatically change you.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Not enough information to give meaningful answer, you could be hiding your true intentions.

I'm just joking, you seem fine to me. Why are you asking that? Some people throw around the term anti-Semite too much.

EDIT: If opposing the treatment of Palestinians makes you anti-Semite, then there must be thousand of them in Israel.
edit on 16-6-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by j35us

Explanation: Editd....

Originally posted by j35us
Nope, you're anti-Zionism. These days people like to blur the line. On top of that, we aren't our families, your grandfather could have been heading a camp but it doesn't automatically change you.

THIS! ^^^^^

Personal Disclosure: St*rred! Made my day!

edit on 16-6-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add quote for clarity.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

After reading:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thought I'd see were I stand..

reply to post by OmegaLogos

lol

"If I were a Jew, I would be a Zionist. I am a Zionist. You don’t have to be a Jew to be a Zionist."

- Senator Joseph Biden"
edit on 16-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
if you are anti zionism .. then you are FAR from anti semetic
zionist jews are the real anti semetic people
they hurt the repution of the real good jewish people that would never harm anyone

zionism dont care about anything else except themself
and they like to kill and steal land from other
edit on 6/16/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What's wrong with Zionists?

They seem like regular people to me. Some say anti-Zionism is the new anti-semitism.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
What's wrong with Zionists?

They seem like regular people to me. Some say anti-Zionism is the new anti-semitism.

Regular people .. LOL

Regular Evil people

they are the new nazis
everything that was done to them by hitler .. they do the same to the palestinian
after stealing their land from them in 1967

Bibi regime is worst then Kim junk ill, Amahdinejad, Assad, Obama all together

but dont generalise on all the jews ... many are against the evil zionist ideology

those are the real jewish people that want peace and the truth
edit on 6/16/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Your post is nonsense. You could say that crap about any race, religion or political ideology and that description would fit.

How many people have these zionist killed? The Nazis killed hundreds of millions of their own people Zionism/Israel killed a few thousand AFTER being attacked, there's a huge difference.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

1) The Israelis were ATTACKED in 1967.

2) The Israelis CAPTURED the land that gave the Muslims a tactical advantage.

3) To give that land back would be suicide because the same Muslims who are calling for a MASS GENOCIDE of the Jews would control Israel's MAIN water source AND would have the high ground that would provide artillary access to the ENTIRE NATION of Israel.

4) If you truly believe all captured land should be returned, then you are going to need somewhere else to live because the majority of the U.S. IS CAPTURED LAND.

5) Islam already possesses 97% of the Middle-East, yet they can't tolerate Israel's little home.

6) You may not be anti-semitic, but you sure bought into their propaganda.

I hope these facts clear up some delusions many ATSers have concerning Israel. They aren't fighting over land. They are fighting their own genocide...and don't say that could never happen...it could happen within hours with today's technology...long before anybody anywhere could organize a "powerful" demonstration on their county "courthouse lawns"...

Radical Islam has stated it's intentions...Hamas has said it...Iran's president has said it...and many other powerful Muslims have all stated their intentions: They will not rest until the State of Israel is irradicated and every last Jew is eliminated from the face of the planet... That IS their mission in life...

I choose NOT to be party to that. I choose to OPPOSE the mass genocide of any ethnic group...

If that makes me a Zionist, so be it...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

I've heard enough people on this site talk about how they want Israel utterly destroyed to know full well what is and is not anti-semitism.

There's a lot of Jew hate here. Most of it conspiracy theory rehashed from Nazi Germany.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't understand the "Zionist/anti-Zionist" argument. I see it more as an argument over how a people should be treated and how to handle a land grab, with a lot of name calling from both sides. It would be nice if someone correctly outlined the position of "Zionist/anti-Zionists" in a meaningful way.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Any ignorant bastard that confuses Anti-Zionism for Anti-Semitism is really as blind as a bat. Zionism is a political movement. If you're against it, that doesn't make you anti-Semitic, it just means you are against what they think is right. You wouldn't call a Republican anti-Semitic if he doesn't agree with a democrat. Why do you call people who don't agree with Zionists antisemitic?

Like I said in my previous post before you pansies got your panties in a bunch and started fighting,

I'm not against Jews. I'm against Zionism. I respect people like Ehud Barak and Tzipi Livni, and if Israel had a respectable leader like them leading their country, you would definitely see a change in attitude twords Israel. Leaders like Netanyahu and Sharon are impossible to deal with. It's their way or the high way. Whereas Barak and Livni are more open to negotiation and more of a chance to come to an agreement. Barak was close to an agreement, but we know how that ended up. Sharon started the second intifada and ruined it. Livni has voiced her opinion about negotiating with the Palestinians.

I would support Israel if they had leaders that were willing to at least try. Just try, that's all they have to do to win my confidence. But as long as this clown Netanyahu is in office, I will always be a Anti-Zionist.

I hoped that if I explained it through the point of view of a anti-Zionist, you would come to realize.
edit on 19-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

I respect people like Ehud Barak and Tzipi Livni,

Are you sure ?

www.wanted.org.il...

wanted.org.il...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

1) The Israelis were ATTACKED in 1967.

You might want to research that little nugget !!!

the war began on June 5 with Israel launching surprise air strikes against Arab forces.

WIKI

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I've got to contest the authenticity of that site, because it makes no mention of the humanitarian crime being committed in the Gaza Strip right now by Netanyahu. I don't see his picture up there. For a site who's title is "FOR WAR CRIMES AND CRIMES
AGAINST HUMANITY" I'm pretty sure they'd have that up there....Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Well i know Livni had to cancel a trip to Britain because of an Arrest Warrant being issued, But there is more in this article from HAARETZ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by BiGGz

Well i know Livni had to cancel a trip to Britain because of an Arrest Warrant being issued, But there is more in this article from HAARETZ

Two Belgian lawyers, working on behalf of a group of Palestinians

Your link goes on to say:

The then Israeli Defense Minister (Ariel Sharon) and members of the Lebanese Christian militia were charged with war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide.

Don't think I need to comment further.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

so you were born in NYC. where did you grow up? there is a big difference between what you are exposed to depending on where you've spent most of your life.

one can meet very strict Jewish people in (for example) Brooklyn or vacationing in Sullivan County NY that make no bones about anyone who isn't just like them are as low as spit. i'm well aware not all Jewish people behave this way, far from it. but dealing with those who have incredible superiority complexes is very taxing as they exhibit few endearing qualities.

my point: who you have met & what you have seen in your life will make a difference on how you feel about people.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Don't think I need to comment further.

Why,

So do you think that Zippi Livni cancelling her trip to Britain because of fear of arrest is false ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join