It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC/WSJ: Mitt Romney widens his lead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Link

Mitt Romney has put some distance between himself and the rest of the GOP field, claiming nearly a third of the primary vote in the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll.

When tested against a group of nine other candidates, Romney takes 30 percent of registered GOP primary voters. His closest competitor is Sarah Palin, at 14 percent, followed by Herman Cain at 12 percent, Rick Perry at 8 percent, Ron Paul at 7 percent and Newt Gingrich at 6 percent. Four other candidates – Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum, Michele Bachmann and Jon Huntsman – are below 5 percent.

In a smaller field of six candidates – himself, Paul, Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich and Pawlenty – Romney's lead grows even more formidable, to 43 percent.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Poll

I will go out on a branch here and say that I do not believe Sarah Palin will run for President so Romney’s poll numbers will look more like those in the smaller field than his in the larger field. This would give Romney around a 30% advantage over the next closest competitor. Such a large lead would be hard, but not impossible, to beat so as it appears now this primary nomination will be Romney’s unless he seriously slips up.

When they polled Romney against President Obama the score was 49-43 with Obama leading by 6%. Considering the election is still more than 16 months away this means very little seeing as how anything could change the entire election. The economy could head south into a double-dip recession which would almost guarantee the election to the Republican. So any number of things could drastically change this entire election.

For those of us who are Ron Paul fans we should not give up hope. With Sarah Palin out of the race Ron Paul is in second with 11%. It would be a very serious uphill battle to win the primary but it is not like a candidate far back in second has never come out ahead during the primaries. At least for me Mitt Romney is my second choice so it looks like a win-win for me.
edit on 6/16/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
personally I don't like romney..he seems a bit too goody-goody..he makes my skin crawl.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't like Romney either. He says something and then says the opposite. I think he just says whatever he thinks the person wants to hear at that time. He's phony. And he's either a liar or very confused about where he stands on a topic. No thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 16-6-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, since that poll was taken before the debate. I wonder what the results would be now?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e58b42b8393.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
These polls are of course useless.

Quite a number of candidates have not even announced their candidacy.

It is many months out before they get serious about this.

Romney is NOT very popular in the Heartland at all.

Wait until all the possible candidates announce they are seeking the nomination.

Hillary was suppose to be a shoe in.

We all know how that ended.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
And Romney will continue to put distance between himself and the carnival sideshow of wacko's that are supposed to be his competition.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I see those numbers changing in July 2011.
It's pretty easy to surge further ahead when Gov.Sarah Palin isn't even on the stage.

-----------------
Michelle Bachmann is starting to look like a pretty good VP.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Romney called out for 'haughty' behavior

(CNN) - Days after former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney scored big political points in New Hampshire at CNN's first GOP Presidential Primary debate, some say the candidate let his victory go to his head.

CNN

Romney looks like a "Ken Doll". He comes across as a crowd pleaser.

We need someone who can make powerful difficult decisions.

new topics

top topics

join