It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does "bugging out" mean to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Pretty much the way to go bud.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I feel ya. I think Im going to build a fish pond and breed some tilapia.
I want to get a goat too, maybe even a small cow..lol.."a small cow"

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Ya know I have a pond and let me say... I don't know nothing about tilapia... other than once an a while I see them for sale at the store where we shop...

what I do is whenever I go fishing and catch a... too small to eat bass... I bring it home in a bucket alive...then dump him in my pond... I know their thriving in there as every time I throw out fish food for em the water boils in their frenzy...

it's only been this last year and a half I started doing that... so their going to be some pretty big boys in there this fall

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Nice.
I moved to south Asia, so I go with whatever hey have available. Tilapia is on the menu for me I guess.
The best part is I like fish....fried or steamed. They breed like crazy, and are incredibly easy and cheap to maintain from what I hear. They almost take care of themselves. I wouldn't mind throwing some catfish in there as well to help keep it clean.

Once I get my house built, I should be well on my way to saying screw you to the powers that be.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I always wonder where those who are bugging out,know where they would heading to,would be safe.

The best preparation is to do just that,but prepare to stay.

Stock up on what a group of people would need to survive without the infrastructure that we all depend on is know longer there.

Food,cooking needs,lighting with out electricity,sanitation and security of yourself and your property.

Man has survived thousands of years without what we take for granted.

The most important thing if you want to survive is do not wander off in to the unknown.

Stay where you know the surroundings and who would be a friendly and who would be the enemy.

If you must leave,seek the highest point near you and hold it.

If you are going to stay think about security at night.

We have purchased a number of those solar powered spot lights on stakes that are designed to accent your trees and surroundings.

If it need be, these can be faced out to see what is out there.

I have also purchased at thrift stores a number of lanterns and stoves that use "white gas".

And mantles for the lanterns.

All the stoves today run on bottled gas.

Five gallons of white gas will last for a long time.

Prepare,prepare,prepare.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just a number of questions to clarify what we are talking about...
1/ What disaster are we foreseeing? Surely various disasters would need a new approach to surviving?
2/ What are we townies meant to do? Get out of town or stay put and hunker down?
When I think of a SHTF scenario I think of military rounding people up, freedoms taken away, etc... What would be the worst scenario?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The reality of "bugging out" is quite simple and not as cool as it sounds to some people especially if you have children and depending on where you live.

For me, I am more prepared to "Bug In" as long as possible and Bug out as a last resort. My EDC rig is more of a "get home" bag than anything else. Home is my base and where most of my resources are.

To bug out for me would involve quite the parade of me the wife and the kids. I am close to a network of off the beaten path trails to avoid major thoroughfares. Its complicated and the concept will vary from person to person.

Bug in !! then Bug out if you must. Urban survival skills will take priority long before the all of the backwoods skills are needed

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Bugging out completely depends on the situation. The bag is part of your preparation, in the case your home is wiped out in a hurricane, tornado, fire, or some other form of natural disaster. In many cases rescue crews can't get to you as quickly as you would hope and having the proper preparations can help assure your survival, especially in the case of injury.

In the case of Marshal law or similar, I am not sitting around waiting for military, or Police, to come to my front door demanding firearms etc. My bag is packed, the tent is packed, everything else will be pulled together and thrown in the back of my truck. A term that goes along with your B.O.B. (bug out bag) is your B.O.L. (bug out location), a spot you are very familiar with and well off the beaten path. I know several routes to my B.O.L. that would help me fly under the radar so to speak.

I don't want something like this to happen, I don't count on something like this happening, but I am prepared in the event that it does. Most of my preparations have come from my love of hunting, hiking and camping, so the tools tend to go hand in hand. I live in the suburbs and wouldn't want to spend allot of time around the masses if SHTF! This is why I have a specific BOL('s) planned for that just in case scenario. I recommend the same to anyone living in a urban setting to have a remote area scouted out, as well as planned evacuation route's.

This is not over the top, or extraordinary preparation, this is just an understanding that not everything in this world goes as planned and I refuse to be herded with the sheep!!!

edit on 6/16/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Bugging out to me is bunkering in wherever I am at the time tshtf, after a couple weeks go into my survival mode plan. Hopefully I will be in or near my home and not in a city.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
my survival strategy in case of buggin out means:

walking down to my bunker and let everyone kill each other off

and then come back out and claim the world and make in my own image

top topics

<< 1   >>

join